Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #31
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

The CM are truely wonderful. They will go out of their way to make your trip special Did you get to experience watching the entertainers yet on the boardwalk from your balcony? Make sure you watch Illuminations from the lounge balcony as well. On clear nights you will be able to hear the music.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #32
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

All the wonderful photos and comments have made me especially excited about our BWI stay. I just have to share with you that last night I changed the first 3 nights of our WL/CL stay at spring break to BWI/CL! So we'll be there about 4 months sooner than we thought. I can't wait to meet all the wonderful CMs I've heard so much about
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #33
psac
DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary and glad you are enjoying!!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #34
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
HI CRResortFAN4LIFE!

Thank you so much! We talked about you in the lounge with the CM's! LOL! They know who you are by your screen name! They said you and your family were very nice!

I'll try to post more pictures of the lounge and resort! Thanks for your comments!
Brunette
Oh that's cool. Anyway I can't wait to see anymore pictures you get a chance to post.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #35
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

CR: Anita says not to forget the maple syrup!! And the entire staff says hello! They all love you up here!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #36
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

So happy you are having a good time. The cast is why they have so many repeat guests there. I am disappointed I couldn't get a room for our 40th anniversary trip in 2 weeks. Made last minute reservations because of my husband's surgery, we had a cruise planned. We will be trying the GF for the 1st time, but will be back at the BW in May and December!!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #37
RDP
DIS Veteran

Wow, looks amazing and a million dollar view! The people watching must be brilliant. Have a great vacation.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #38
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
CR: Anita says not to forget the maple syrup!! And the entire staff says hello! They all love you up here!
Thanks for posting their comments and tell Anita her Maple Syrup has already been packed.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #39
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Thanks for posting their comments and tell Anita her Maple Syrup has already been packed.
They like Canadian Maple Syrup? Hmmmm, maybe that's an idea for a gift they could all enjoy, and by Oct. They may be wanting some more

PS....I am so excited for my stay, I know I picked the right place!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #40
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
So happy you are having a good time. The cast is why they have so many repeat guests there. I am disappointed I couldn't get a room for our 40th anniversary trip in 2 weeks. Made last minute reservations because of my husband's surgery, we had a cruise planned. We will be trying the GF for the 1st time, but will be back at the BW in May and December!!
Congratulations on almost 40 years. I hope you have it noted in your reservation. May I ask what you've booked for your anniversary dinner? I still haven't figured that out for our 25th. We'll be at BWI and I'm still not sure where we should go, and, umm, "WE" includes DD13...

I know you're booked at the GF, but don't give up on BWI/CL. Even two weeks out, guests cancel. In fact, guests will cancel right before the 5-day mark in order to still get their deposit back. Maybe even a portion of your stay might be available and you could do a split?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
They like Canadian Maple Syrup? Hmmmm, maybe that's an idea for a gift they could all enjoy, and by Oct. They may be wanting some more

PS....I am so excited for my stay, I know I picked the right place!
I know how you feel. BTW, does this mean I should bring Virginia peanuts? I don't think they could accept wine. Maybe Brunette could find out what they'd like from Virginia. If not, I know they love Canadian syrup
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #41
KAA1972
Mouseketeer

Oh, man, I'm so happy for you! I just spent 3 nights at Yacht Club for my 40th birthday and not only did I not get the standard room configuration I requested-- I didn't even get a birthday button. We still had a great time but I think that BWI concierge might be the way to go for our next visit!

Congrats to you!

KAA1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #42
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Congratulations on almost 40 years. I hope you have it noted in your reservation. May I ask what you've booked for your anniversary dinner? I still haven't figured that out for our 25th. We'll be at BWI and I'm still not sure where we should go, and, umm, "WE" includes DD13...

I know you're booked at the GF, but don't give up on BWI/CL. Even two weeks out, guests cancel. In fact, guests will cancel right before the 5-day mark in order to still get their deposit back. Maybe even a portion of your stay might be available and you could do a split?

We are having our dinner at the Yachtsman, it is my husband's favorite place!! We will take a walk over to the BW to visit our friends there. I am excited to try the Grand for a change. We will be back at the BW in May and then in December with our children and grandchildren!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #43
sfbank
DIS Veteran

KerryCM-Glad to hear about the Yachtsman-DH is so excited to try it. I had been dragging him to Flying Fish twice a year. This year I am compromising-one meal at each. We are also trying Il Mulino-am excited!

sfbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #44
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
The CM are truely wonderful. They will go out of their way to make your trip special Did you get to experience watching the entertainers yet on the boardwalk from your balcony? Make sure you watch Illuminations from the lounge balcony as well. On clear nights you will be able to hear the music.
Sorry, just for not posting. We just got back early this morning! I can't wait to return!! LOL! We may do a quick weekend at Disney in March. But we are defininately going back for 2 weeks in May!

Nascargirl- I saw Anita last week and she said she talked to you. You asked her if she met us (Brunette and her husband). I thought that was funny! You were talked about too at the Concierge Level at the BWI! All good things!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #45
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
All the wonderful photos and comments have made me especially excited about our BWI stay. I just have to share with you that last night I changed the first 3 nights of our WL/CL stay at spring break to BWI/CL! So we'll be there about 4 months sooner than we thought. I can't wait to meet all the wonderful CMs I've heard so much about
HI WDWKOOK!! YOu will love it! Those CM's are very nice and genuine. The lounge itself is great. The hotel is GRAND, I think it's much bigger than then YC and BC. It truly feels you are at this GRAND resort at the Boardwalk! I think the CMs are going to know a lot of the DIS posters by the screen names! LOL

I will post more pictures later! We took a ton of photo's!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: