Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
What a fun group.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up that you started Sooze!

I always enjoy reading your Trip reports as they're always so fun to follow along on.

It looks like you guys were travelling with a really fun group of people, and other than the bus drama, looks like it's off to a great start!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

How Fun!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read more updates.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #19
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Thanks for letting me know that you had started this!! Can't wait to follow along!

Thanks for coming over to visit! Lots of pictures coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Thanks for the note to let me know about your new report. Now I need to go back and read. I am ready to learn all about the Drama Queens and their adventures.

So glad you're here. Hope you enjoy!

Quote:
My DH and I are going to Disney in Jan. with his family (a group of 14 13 adults, and a 7mon. old). Any advice you have about planning for a group will be appreciated.
After doing 3 trips with large groups this year (yes, I still have another one after this to do!) my biggest piece of advice is: Don't be afraid to split up!! Plan a few events where everyone is together (meals, fireworks, shows, a special ride) but don't make everyone walk around in a mass group... it's just frustrating at times! Oh, and one more piece of advice: Get the PhotoPass CD ahead of time We didn't use PhotoPass on this trip, but did for the one we took in June with my husband's family. SO worth it!

Quote:
Dropped back in to say I am caught up. Plus there is nothing worse than sitting on a bus when you know Mickey and friends are waiting on you.

I love the AK Lodge pictures.
It was so frustrating. And we had JUST gotten there, so I was determined not to act as if it was frustrating. Tyson, on the other hand? He was over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I am in! (Thanks for the heads-up. I usually just check my subscriptions so I don't always see new TRs from fantastic trip report writers like yourself until they're well underway.) What a fun group of people you've assembled for this trip!

I am a subscription kind of person, too. Glad you found your way!

Quote:
I proposed to Judy while walking to a performance of "The Pajama Game" back in 1988. We had to turn around and fast-walk back to her parents' house so that she could show her mom the ring. I'm not sure that she remembers a whole lot about the play after that.
What a great story!! I had never even heard of the Pajama Game! Bryan actually called me and begged me to audition with him. (We are often paired together because of our heights and he thought we'd work well together). It totally paid off for us! I love this theater tie-in to your marriage!

Quote:
It seems like you liked AKL except for the transportation. We've had a couple of interminably-long rides (usually involving a bus change at DTD), but have generally had pretty good luck.
It is truly one of the most beautiful resorts ANYWHERE! We stayed there again in December and still loved it... but still felt like it was too far away. Next time we stay, we are bringing a car!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
Here! Thanks for the heads-up!!

It looks like another fun group to travel with. We just saw Joseph at a community theater near us and we all loved it!

AKL is amazing! One of my dream resorts!!

Oh no! Being stuck on a bus is no fun!

Yay! You're here! Thanks for coming by. This group of people was SO much fun to be with. We had been planning for so long.. it was great to be there together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
I'm in!!!! And I'm so excited to see another report from you. I love the beginning of this one with all the drama queen stuff. I remember a few years ago on one of our TR's you telling me that you were wanting to get back into the theatre. You really jumped in with both feet and never looked back and I LOVE THAT!!!
Cheri is here!!

It has truly become my passion. And I can see myself being involved with community theater in some capacity for the rest of my dramatic life!

Quote:
AKL...we own points there too. We stayed for our first trip "home" in a 1 bdrm in Kidani village. It was sooooo far away from EVERYTHING. Really bugged us. At least we had our own car so the bus thing wasn't an issue but good golly that sitting there not moving would have driven me NUTS!!
Definitely needing a car... definitely!!

Quote:
Can't wait to read more!
Hope to post more soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermommy78 View Post
Here and excited!!!!!!

Thanks for coming on over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in!
What a fun group.
Welcome! So good to see you again. Hope you enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Thanks for the heads up that you started Sooze!

I always enjoy reading your Trip reports as they're always so fun to follow along on.

It looks like you guys were travelling with a really fun group of people, and other than the bus drama, looks like it's off to a great start!

I hesitated sending out the invite, not wanting to beg for readers or anything, but I enjoyed having so many of you along on my previous reports. Thanks for taking time to read this newest one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
How Fun!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read more updates.

Glad you think so... stay tuned... much more fun to be had!!!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #20
Sooze
DIS Veteran

After 20 minutes. Yes, TWENTY MINUTES of sitting there, a Disney bus bigwig came up to our bus and said something to the driver. Within a moment, we pulled out of the left turn lane and made our way to Epcot another way. Another LONG way. We were on that bus for almost 50 minutes. For real.

I’m sure Disney bus drivers can’t just change their route when a situation like this occurs. I’m sure our driver had to wait for the official decision to move the bus along. But, geeze, that was NOT the way I wanted to start the trip!

WHO CARES, though!?!?! We are TOGETHER!!!
Applause! Applause! Bravo! Encore!! (See… the dramatic tie-ins are abundant, are they not?!)

We were all STARVING!! And the Electric Umbrella was right by us, so we hopped on over and got us something unhealthy to eat. Addy was immediately pulling souvenirs out of bags and showing Shaelyn all of the stuff she got! Those guys don’t kid around. It was their first full day and they were already buying out the shops!

Shae was just as excited, knowing that she’d be able to play with these lovely ladies the next time she hung out at Addy’s house!

After eating, we were on our way to Spaceship Earth. The boys were always 30 feet ahead of us, or behind us. So we were always yelling “BOYS!!”

One of the times they had to turn around and wait for us, Tyson found a little snail friend!

Loving the no wait for SE, and loving this picture of the girls having some kind of grown-up conversation, I’m sure!

I got to sit with Bryan! Yay!

Soon it was time to head over and grab a spot for Illuminations. Of course, Mexico was on the way, so we just HAD to go in there for some silliness!

First stop, the Donald in Mexico ride:

Next stop, dramatic antics in the shopping area! Enjoy!

And even Bryan got in on the silliness… of COURSE!

Finally, we found a spot between Mexico and Norway to enjoy the show. Unfortunately for us, the big Earth didn’t work this time! You know when it is supposed to make its dramatic entrance from the American Pavilion? It just sat there and never made it’s way into the center of the lagoon. Stage fright, maybe?!

I’ll tell you what, though… the middle of the show is NOTHING without that big ol’ Earth. A bit disappointing for us, especially knowing this was our only chance to see it this trip.

As soon as the show was over, we headed to the bus corals with the rest of humanity and said good night to our friends. After another long ride and an even longer walk to our room, we were able to find our luggage, change into our PJs, and crash. Tomorrow was a day full of NEW adventures. Our first trip to WWoHP!! Won’t you come back and see if the magic flies outside of Disney’s borders?!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 02-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #21
katt789
DIS Veteran

I'm in!! And what a great start to the trip! I must admit, I'm drawn in even more by the drama-ness! (being a performer myself!) I'm super excited to read more!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #23
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Hi Susie,
what an AMAZING TR so far. LOVED all the theatre pics, I've seen some through facebook but to put them with names and stories was wonderful- no wonder this will be such a Magical trip all of you guys together.
Stinks about Shae's ears on the plane, that happens to Luke and it's just miserable, poor baby!
Kidani sure is beautiful and I'm glad you guys scored and got a savannah view when just paying for standard. Sorry about the transportation. We have had stays there were everything takes forever and others where the transportation whizzes by- sorry it's a bummer for you guys for now. I assume Boardwalk is still your favorite after this stay?
Can't wait to read more!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #24
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

That is a LONG bus ride! Glad you finally got to Epcot.
Gotta love no wait for SSE.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #25
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

I'm here, I'm here! Thanks for letting me know - I haven't perused the TR section in ages.

Okay, first thoughts:

1. I can't believe how much Tyson and Shae have grown up since we first "met" on the DIS!

2. We really MUST do some Disneying together. I already adore you, and now I adore your friends, too.

3. I made it here just in time! Cant' wait to go to WWOHP...

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #26
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Joining In, lovin' the report so far. -Amanda
Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #27
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I can't wait for the next update. We are going to WWoHP in 97 days! I am so excited and looking forward to your report and pictures.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #28
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

50 MINUTES???!!!???

Aside from much time wasted on the bus, it seems as though you guys had a great start in the park! The girls are so cute!!!! And how cool is Tyson's snail?!!!? I've never seen one in WDW before. Many cool lizzards and insects, but no snail. We shall be on the lookout from now on!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #29
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Ugh 50 minutes on a bus does not sound like the funnest way to start your vacation, but yay for finally making it to Epcot!

The girls are so cute with how excited they were about those dolls, they look like a really good set, but I can imagine probably pretty pricey too.

I love the pictures in the Mexican pavilion, everyone looks like they were so happy to finally be together.

I can't wait to hear more

Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #30
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

I am sitting here with goosebumps recalling "When You Wish" being played by that amazing corps that night at Lucas Oil Field. Minnesota Brass alum here. Star was and will always be one of the classiest acts ever to step on turf.

Love the report. Cant wait to read more.

Upcoming Races...
Nov 2014 Avengers Half Marathon
Jan 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: