Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #16
commasplice
Earning My Ears

V&A's is sounding better and better!

Doesn't have to be a show. Just a unique dining experience. Seems like V&A's will qualify. Should I budget for about $300?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #17
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

I'm not too sure exactly what you're looking for by "a little something extra" but perhaps you would like a view of fireworks? Both Rose & Crown (UK) and La Hacienda de San Angel (Mexico) have limited seating with a view or partial view of the Epcot fireworks display, IllumiNations. You can request a seat with a view, but it is not guaranteed.

There are some restaurants in resorts over on the monorail line that have views or partial views of the MK fireworks. California Grill, Narcoossees and 'Ohana have this, and to a more limited extent, Citricos. Of these, Citricos gets the best rating for food from most foodies with Cali Grill probably second. CG has an amazing view of fireworks and also an open kitchen and a wine room, so lots of different options for seating. 'Ohana also has a ukelele player and lots of loud kids games like coconut races and the limbo, if you're into those things. The Tambu lounge, near 'Ohana, has an amazing tropical drink menu, too. These are not near the Boardwalk.

In MK, Cinderella's Royal Table has the most atmosphere, being inside the castle and "entertainment" in the form of princesses, a wand ceremony. The food is very mediocre for the price, but you're paying for the venue. We love HDDR at fort wilderness, but there's nothing romantic about it. Fried chicken and ribs, but a fun dinner show.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #18
commasplice
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
I'm not too sure exactly what you're looking for by "a little something extra"
Neither am I! Ha! But these are all good ideas that I'll look into.

The people here are quite helpful!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #19
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you do not order any alcoholic beverages the total for two people, including tax and 20% gratuity would come to $316.25. And if you have not yet done so, in one of my prior posts in this thread I posted a link to V&A's website which include a sample menu and other information.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

You could look into booking a private dinner at the Grand Floridian. I've read posts about folks who have done this and IRRC, you can get a spot where you can see Wishes.

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #21
suorkaterina
Mouseketeer

My suggestions would be Teppan Edo(not sure I spelled that right) in Japan, Epcot. You watch the chef dice up your meal in front of you. The table seats a group though so maybe not if your going for romantic. Same goes with Beirgarten in Germany(fun show) and Marrakesh in Morrocco(belly dancers! though that one isn't group seating).

Spirit of Aloha show at the Poly followed by Wishes on the Poly beach would be nice. That is what myself and DF are planning as our special dinner on our honeymoon. We also might do the Tomorrowland Terrace Desert Party which you may be able to do after the SOA show, not sure of the timing on that. Or maybe a late lunch at California Grill followed by the desert party. Or...book California Grill right before Wishes and you can watch Wishes fireworks from the restaurant.

Just a few suggestions. V&A is a great idea but some people just aren't as into the foodie experience. I'd love to go there myself but for my DF who is a basic sort of eater it really wouldn't be worth the money.
suorkaterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by commasplice View Post
Neither am I! Ha! But these are all good ideas that I'll look into.

The people here are quite helpful!
I know, I love The DIS! I always find I get very honest opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
If you do not order any alcoholic beverages the total for two people, including tax and 20% gratuity would come to $316.25. And if you have not yet done so, in one of my prior posts in this thread I posted a link to V&A's website which include a sample menu and other information.
Wow, this is not as "bad" as I thought! It is a very reasonable price for what you get.

OP, Personally, I would either do V&A or Cali Grill timed with Wishes for your special experience. I know that these are at monorail resorts and so not where you intended to be, but in my mind, these are your best options. At Cali Grill, I might request to be in the wine room for the quiet, romantic atmosphere and then step outside to enjoy the fireworks. Just tell your server you want to watch fireworks and hopefully he/she will time your courses appropriately.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
stitchineeyore
Mouseketeer

DH and I have dined at Victoria and Albert's. We have also done dinner with an Imagineer at the Flying Fish. Both are unique and lovely experiences. If you want an intimate evening Victoria and Albert's would be the way to go. If you want something distinctly Disney, and don't mind SHARING your evening with other like-minded folks, dinner with an Imagineer is wonderful. I put the "sharing" in all caps due to our own experience. We did the research, and knew that there could be up to 10 (I think) at the table. As it turned out, there were only 6 of us, but the other two couples were together, and were under the impression that they would be having a private meal with an imagineer. They were totally surprised when we stood up to be seated as well. We had a great time; everyone got along well and our Imagineer was spectacular, stayed an extra hour and sent us a letter at home to boot. You can't go wrong with either choice. (If you choose the Imagineer event, the last time we looked into it for a repeat experience they were only doing it on certain Tuesdays, and not all Tuesdays at that). Happy anniversary and have a wonderful time!

stitchineeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anniversary, unique dining

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: