Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #1411
autumnblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Disney Mom View Post
Went to CVS today and the manager would not accept the e-card.
She said she never saw it before and that was a lie as I used them before in that store. I called corporate and filed a complaint against the store. They said the manager should have called them to confirm the viggle cards.
Geez. What a waste of time. I won't get CVS if they come back.
I also had a bit of a problem at CVS. I used two in one visit and it was fine, although I had to point out to the cashier where the info was for entering them. Later I took 6 to another CVS and again the cashier had never seen them before and then kept saing she was going to get fired and then tried to say that they were copies. Eventually she rang them through without a problem. I filled out the feedback form for CVS and asked them to better train there cashiers.

Autumn

autumnblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #1412
diznee25
"Curse you perry the platypus!"

From what I can tell, Papa Johns e-gift cards can only be used over the phone, or online. My guess is that the code needs to be entered as they are placing your order.

Here's from their terms and conditions regarding e-gift cards:

Quote:
Papa John's eGift Cards are redeemable for food and merchandise at any participating Papa John's restaurant in the U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii, by phone, or online at www.papajohns.com.
They certainly could have gone out of their way and retyped your order to include the e-card.....I dunno. Really sucks how difficult it's been for some to redeem these Viggle e-gift cards. Burger King, and CVS just to name a few.

diznee25

diznee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #1413
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
From what I can tell, Papa Johns e-gift cards can only be used over the phone, or online. My guess is that the code needs to be entered as they are placing your order.

Here's from their terms and conditions regarding e-gift cards:

They certainly could have gone out of their way and retyped your order to include the e-card.....I dunno. Really sucks how difficult it's been for some to redeem these Viggle e-gift cards. Burger King, and CVS just to name a few.

diznee25
I did enter it online, and it showed up online but when I got to the store they said it wasn't attached to the order. Next time I'll just pay it online with my credit card so I know for sure the GC goes through.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #1414
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
I used one Papa John's gc Saturday and chose the cash option for carryout when I ordered online. When I got to the store they wouldn't accept the gift card. I emailed corporate to see what happened. I'll let you know when I find out.
Very strange! I've done this with no issues at my PJ. I've only used 1 gift card at a time and never had any problems at check out.

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #1415
gshumaker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I used one Papa John's gc Saturday and chose the cash option for carryout when I ordered online. When I got to the store they wouldn't accept the gift card. I emailed corporate to see what happened. I'll let you know when I find out.
The same thing happend to me. The website only allows one GC and then you have to pick cash or CC option to pay the rest. I picked cash and then they would not take the GCs or a CC to pay the rest of the bill. I too have e-mailed both Viggle and PJ and neither have replies. The terms on the viggle site say you can order online or phone it in and they will take the GC over the phone. What gives? Anyone had the PJ GC taken at the store?
Aug 09 - Offsite @ Disneyland
Aug/Sep 11 - Universal/POP Century
Aug 14 POP Century/Universal

gshumaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #1416
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

GREAT!!! I have 2 PJ GJ and almost a 3rd. Hummm maybe I should start to do SB since I can just add that to my account myself. I also got 1 Chili's GC before those ran out. I hope I dont have a problem with that too!!!!

I just do not want to stock up a high point balance just in case something would happen to Viggle. At least I can get a few GC that I can use.. If anything I wish they would do a $5 Target GC at lower points. I liked when they did the $15 one

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #1417
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
I've used CVS e-cards a couple of times and they've just scanned them. The second time I used one, the first scan didn't work and she was going to just type in the code, but tried the hand scanner again and it took it. It was one where my ink was starting to get low. I'm glad you called corporate about it. Did you finish your purchase or just leave it? I would've left it.
Yes. I left it!
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #1418
diznee25

Quote:
I did enter it online, and it showed up online but when I got to the store they said it wasn't attached to the order. Next time I'll just pay it online with my credit card so I know for sure the GC goes through.
Sorry to hear....what a pain!

Hope I'm not the only one seeing this: ads for 50 and 75 points!! Burger King w/Steven Tyler and Battleship. Under the 'search' function. Type in all the regular stuff that we search for!

ETA: For me they show up under NBA, and soccer.

diznee25

Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #1419
Avonlady1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
Sorry to hear....what a pain!

Hope I'm not the only one seeing this: ads for 50 and 75 points!! Burger King w/Steven Tyler and Battleship. Under the 'search' function. Type in all the regular stuff that we search for!

ETA: For me they show up under NBA, and soccer.

diznee25
I found a couple!! Thanks for the heads up! Mostly i'm getting the usual 15pt for Housewives that it kills me to touch...but there are some 50 & 75 mixed in there! WOOHOO! Feels like the good old days! LOL
Avonlady1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #1420
ratherbeindisney
Mouseketeer

Thanks, and a question

Thanks so much for the tip on the 50/75 point ads today. Quick question, after you watch an ad and it has a red checkmark by it can you click on it again and watch again for more points or do you have to hit the back button and then if it comes up again with no check then you can do it again for points?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #1421
LisaNJ25
DIS Veteran
I paid $300 back in 1992. I had the big Jersey girl hair and all

For starbucks to combine.. if we already dont have plastic one do we just go to a sb location and get one with say $5 on it and add the rest online?

o 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside
o 2001 - Disneyland
o 2002 - Caribbean Beach/Wilderness Lodge
o 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
o 2008 - Pop Century
o 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
o 2012 - Windsor Hills
o 2013 - Pop Century
LisaNJ25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #1422
diznee25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbeindisney View Post
Thanks so much for the tip on the 50/75 point ads today. Quick question, after you watch an ad and it has a red checkmark by it can you click on it again and watch again for more points or do you have to hit the back button and then if it comes up again with no check then you can do it again for points?
In order to get points, it must be a "new" ad, meaning no check mark. So yea, you'll have to hit the back button and go back in.

diznee25

Old 05-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #1423
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Is anyone else only getting the ads for the Viggle Hollywood giveaway? I've been out of town so haven't done much recently and this is so frustrating to just keep getting ads for this contest!
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #1424
Avonlady1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Is anyone else only getting the ads for the Viggle Hollywood giveaway? I've been out of town so haven't done much recently and this is so frustrating to just keep getting ads for this contest!
Real ads are few & far between for me right now. Mostly they are the ad for the Hollywood giveaway. Very frustrating!
Avonlady1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #1425
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

The Hollywood sweepstakes ads are starting to give way to regular ads for me again - started around 8:30 p.m. I was beginning to think I'd only get bonus points for checking in tonight and no ads.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: