Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #76
Jen_in_NH
waffles and snow seem to go together for me
Starts snowball fights in bars
I can't imagine anything more lovely than a rooster with a leprechaun hat
Answer - HOUSE!
 
Jen_in_NH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NH
Posts: 3,321

I cashed out for a gift card today, and the screen said it would be sent as an email, but included the code on the screen. I didn't bother to write the code down, since I was expecting a email. It hasn'tshown up, so I emailed viggle, and they said I could find it in my rewards history. Where is that?
Jen_in_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #77
diznee25
DIS Veteran
 
diznee25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_in_NH View Post
I cashed out for a gift card today, and the screen said it would be sent as an email, but included the code on the screen. I didn't bother to write the code down, since I was expecting a email. It hasn'tshown up, so I emailed viggle, and they said I could find it in my rewards history. Where is that?
Click on your avatar to bring you to the profile page. See where it says Check-in history? To the left of that is a box. Tap that box and a menu will pull down for your rewards history.

diznee25
__________________
My Family: Me DH (Chihuahua 10) (Pomeranian 6) AKL B-Day Aug. 2014, AKL Dec. 2010, PC Oct. 2007, PC & BW May 2007, CBR & WL Dec. 2003, POFQ July 2002
diznee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #78
diznee25
DIS Veteran
 
diznee25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Hi all! I just started using this ap but wanted to mention to make sure to read the FAQs. Go under settings, and go to About Viggle. There is a section called "Viggle FAQs." One thing you may need to know is under "Viggle Rewards." Just touch a question and the answer will show up. The question is, "Is there a limit on the amount of Viggle rewards I can get?" The answer says, "Other than rewards you receive in sweepstakes or instant win games, you may not receive more than $550 in rewards in a calendar year." Just thought I would share for those of you that have already gotten to $100.
Hummm....very interesting. They must have recently added that question. I read through the entire FAQs when I joined 3 weeks ago and there was no mention of this.

This is the least of concern, (at least according to Viggle's Twitter and FB page! Earlier tonight they have suspended a few accounts for what they consider fraud/abuse activity. You can only "check-in" a total of 12 hours per day. This is stated in their FAQ's. Apparently some members are checking in more than that to rack up even more points. These accounts flagged in their software, and they looked into it.

This is not to worry anyone. They have stated this was just a small few accounts that were suspended, and everyone else shouldn't worry.

Viggle says next week they will be communicating with all members for more information and clairity on the rules for Viggle and stuff.

To end on a happy note Viggle is offering a President's Day weekend of bonus points. Get an extra 180 points per hour on top of check-in points! Starts midnight tonight. Just remember to stop at your 12 hour limit!!

diznee25
__________________
My Family: Me DH (Chihuahua 10) (Pomeranian 6) AKL B-Day Aug. 2014, AKL Dec. 2010, PC Oct. 2007, PC & BW May 2007, CBR & WL Dec. 2003, POFQ July 2002
diznee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #79
KS_Disney_Dad
I am Keyser Soze
 
KS_Disney_Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manhattan,KS
Posts: 208

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

First time I tried to check in to a show it wanted me to set my tv to the channel it was on and "check in". Now all I get when I check in is a purple screen with a white V and an "x" at the top of the screen to exit out. I'm using the iTouch on my home network. If it picks up audio, then the touch wouldn't work (so not sure why it's listed as a capable device).
__________________
(Me) (DW31) (DS8) (DD7) (DD4) (DS7mo)
KS_Disney_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #80
wdw_girl_18
DIS Veteran
 
wdw_girl_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
Hummm....very interesting. They must have recently added that question. I read through the entire FAQs when I joined 3 weeks ago and there was no mention of this.

This is the least of concern, (at least according to Viggle's Twitter and FB page! Earlier tonight they have suspended a few accounts for what they consider fraud/abuse activity. You can only "check-in" a total of 12 hours per day. This is stated in their FAQ's. Apparently some members are checking in more than that to rack up even more points. These accounts flagged in their software, and they looked into it.

This is not to worry anyone. They have stated this was just a small few accounts that were suspended, and everyone else shouldn't worry.

Viggle says next week they will be communicating with all members for more information and clairity on the rules for Viggle and stuff.

To end on a happy note Viggle is offering a President's Day weekend of bonus points. Get an extra 180 points per hour on top of check-in points! Starts midnight tonight. Just remember to stop at your 12 hour limit!!

diznee25
I've definitely checked in more than 12 hours today I did not know that was a rule! I guess I should have read the FAQ. They should make it so you don't get points once you pass the 12 hours. I'm addicted to this LOL! Time to turn my phone off!!

Wait! How do you check out of a show?? I'm still checked in. I don't want my account suspended!
__________________
wdw_girl_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #81
tink576
Think of the Happiest Things, Fairies, Princesses and Kings!
 
tink576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,716

Anyone know if there is a limit of one account per household? My mom's interested by I can't find anything on the site about rules in regard to that.
__________________




tink576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #82
tink576
Think of the Happiest Things, Fairies, Princesses and Kings!
 
tink576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Disney_Dad View Post
First time I tried to check in to a show it wanted me to set my tv to the channel it was on and "check in". Now all I get when I check in is a purple screen with a white V and an "x" at the top of the screen to exit out. I'm using the iTouch on my home network. If it picks up audio, then the touch wouldn't work (so not sure why it's listed as a capable device).
Does your ipod touch have a microphone in it? If it doesn't then that is probably your problem (my old touch was doing that to me but using my brothers newer touch which has a mic installed worked fine).
__________________




tink576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #83
tink576
Think of the Happiest Things, Fairies, Princesses and Kings!
 
tink576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,716

Last question: Where do you see trivia? I've yet to see that anywhere in the app
__________________




tink576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #84
Jen_in_NH
waffles and snow seem to go together for me
Starts snowball fights in bars
I can't imagine anything more lovely than a rooster with a leprechaun hat
Answer - HOUSE!
 
Jen_in_NH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NH
Posts: 3,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
Click on your avatar to bring you to the profile page. See where it says Check-in history? To the left of that is a box. Tap that box and a menu will pull down for your rewards history.

diznee25
Thanks!! Got it now
Jen_in_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #85
KS_Disney_Dad
I am Keyser Soze
 
KS_Disney_Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manhattan,KS
Posts: 208

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink576 View Post
Does your ipod touch have a microphone in it? If it doesn't then that is probably your problem (my old touch was doing that to me but using my brothers newer touch which has a mic installed worked fine).
That is the problem! I did read somewhere else that if you plug in a cell phone ear buds with the mic it'll work. Now to go back a step in technology from blue tooth to wired and find those darn things!
__________________
(Me) (DW31) (DS8) (DD7) (DD4) (DS7mo)
KS_Disney_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #86
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,140

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post

This is the least of concern, (at least according to Viggle's Twitter and FB page! Earlier tonight they have suspended a few accounts for what they consider fraud/abuse activity. You can only "check-in" a total of 12 hours per day. This is stated in their FAQ's. Apparently some members are checking in more than that to rack up even more points. These accounts flagged in their software, and they looked into it.

This is not to worry anyone. They have stated this was just a small few accounts that were suspended, and everyone else shouldn't worry.

Viggle says next week they will be communicating with all members for more information and clairity on the rules for Viggle and stuff.

To end on a happy note Viggle is offering a President's Day weekend of bonus points. Get an extra 180 points per hour on top of check-in points! Starts midnight tonight. Just remember to stop at your 12 hour limit!!

diznee25
I did know about the 12 hour thing, but is there a place within the ap to check how many hours/minutes you've watched for that day? I can totally see me losing track of what I've watched down to the minute and going over 12 hours. if not, I better get a timer/stopwatch!
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #87
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran
 
IBelieveInTheMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,377

Like some of you - I don't know if I forgot about the 12 hour rule or didn't know it in the first place? I don't think I've done that but I might have been close. I work from home so I was keeping my iPad on as my TV in the background but often was too busy to remember to check into the next show.

I do know I repeated several bonus promos for the movie and tv show trailers (when they were working) but not to abuse it - simply because I thought we could because they were there and I didn't know if they were new. I wish there was a way they could program it that it does show available to the people who have already watched them - simple as that.

I read they lowered the daily limit from 40,000 to 12,000 points but I still want to know - if they limit the hours to 12 per day - how in the world is anyone getting 12,000 points a day? I'm being serious If you're only allowed 12 hours and apparently two promos or trivia's per day - how would you get this? I don't even see how you could get 7,500 this way.

They seem to want to make this work and do right by people so I hope the fun does continue.

This morning I noticed my "check in" mark in the left corner with a tiny screen of the tv program is no longer showing. Is anyone else having this issue? I thought I wasn't checked in, so I did it a few times and then saw in my check - in history I was - or at least I hope I am!

Heather
__________________
(Me), (DH), (DS)
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013. Next: 10/2015 WDW/MNSSHP/F&W
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #88
wdw_girl_18
DIS Veteran
 
wdw_girl_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 642

On their twitter this morning they said there is no 12 hour limit. Soooooo idk!

Viggle is being so annoying this morning. It keeps checking me out every half hour!
__________________
wdw_girl_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #89
tink576
Think of the Happiest Things, Fairies, Princesses and Kings!
 
tink576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,716

Is the rule only 2 featured shows a day for bonus points?
__________________




tink576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #90
diznee25
DIS Veteran
 
diznee25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw_girl_18 View Post
I've definitely checked in more than 12 hours today I did not know that was a rule! I guess I should have read the FAQ. They should make it so you don't get points once you pass the 12 hours. I'm addicted to this LOL! Time to turn my phone off!!

Wait! How do you check out of a show?? I'm still checked in. I don't want my account suspended!
The way Viggle is going about closing or suspending people's accounts is in bad taste to me. People are still able to use Viggle. They are not finding out that their account has been suspended until they try to redeem for a reward. When they try to redeem, an error pops up. That's how people are finding out.

Yea, many other members are pretty mad at Viggle for not having a safeguard in place when you reach 12 hours. For now you need to track your own time.

Plus Viggle has added a new rule: You can only watch each movie trailer or ad twice. No more than that. They don't mention if there is a safeguard in place for this either. It's going to be hard to remember which ads I've already done twice...there are so many!


Quote:
Originally Posted by tink576 View Post
Last question: Where do you see trivia? I've yet to see that anywhere in the app
Trivia and movie trailers and ads will come back on Tuesday, according to Viggle. Click on the featured shows and trivia can be found there. There's a screen shot on Itunes if you do a search for the Viggle app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink576 View Post
Anyone know if there is a limit of one account per household? My mom's interested by I can't find anything on the site about rules in regard to that.
I think it's safe to say that it's one account per person. This of course assumes your mom has her own phone or device to use.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw_girl_18 View Post
On their twitter this morning they said there is no 12 hour limit. Soooooo idk! Viggle is being so annoying this morning. It keeps checking me out every half hour!
Yea, that's happening to me too! I'm thinking Viggle is doing this on purpose to make sure that people are watching what they "claim" to be watching. It's annoying when I'm really into my show, and then I've got to check in again. Wow, now there's no 12 hour limit....it's getting harder to keep these rules straight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink576 View Post
Is the rule only 2 featured shows a day for bonus points?
Are you referring to the President's Weekend bonus points? Where they advertise 180 per hour that you check-in?

If so, then no. It's not limited to just 2 featured shows. The 180 points is per hour for every hour through Monday.

diznee25
__________________
My Family: Me DH (Chihuahua 10) (Pomeranian 6) AKL B-Day Aug. 2014, AKL Dec. 2010, PC Oct. 2007, PC & BW May 2007, CBR & WL Dec. 2003, POFQ July 2002
diznee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: