Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #31
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
Where do you find the trivia? That's one thing I haven't been able to find on the ap.
Trivia questions can be found inside the featured shows. For instance, click on American Idol and you'll see trivia listed right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm761 View Post
Do you have to keep the phone in the room with the show running the whole time? Like tonight is American Idol. I don't really watch it and plan to be working at my computer in another room. Can I just check in in the first few minutes then turn off the TV and go back to work?
Yes. I have been known to check into a show, grab my phone, and head to the grocery store. Since you don't need to keep the app open, there's no way for them to know if you are really watching the whole show. They can only make sure that you check-into one show at a time. And I've always gotten my points.

The only caveat is if the app kicks you out of a show. But since you're at home you can always turn on the tv and check back in. It's only ever kicked me out while I was still home. But if this happened while I wasn't home, I wouldn't be able to check back in.

diznee25
Old 02-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #32
jana616
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=DisMN;44037380]FYI while this is a fun app just beware that it's a seriously huge data hog! LOL

To those with questions I've had tons too but am just clicking on various buttons and sliding my finger across other areas.......am seeing clarity the more I play.

But remember, if you have limited data this will suck it all up![/QUOTE

We do have limited data, but if I am checking in from home (where we use our wifi and it doesn't "cost" us data), then is it still a data hog? I don't understand why it would be using data except for the checking in, unless I am missing something. I watch a TON of TV, and would love to earn for it, but didn't download it yet since this comment made me nervous!

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #33
diznee25
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=jana616;44040446]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMN View Post
FYI while this is a fun app just beware that it's a seriously huge data hog! LOL

To those with questions I've had tons too but am just clicking on various buttons and sliding my finger across other areas.......am seeing clarity the more I play.

But remember, if you have limited data this will suck it all up![/QUOTE

We do have limited data, but if I am checking in from home (where we use our wifi and it doesn't "cost" us data), then is it still a data hog? I don't understand why it would be using data except for the checking in, unless I am missing something. I watch a TON of TV, and would love to earn for it, but didn't download it yet since this comment made me nervous!
My phone is defaulted to use Wi-Fi first, so when I'm at home I don't eat into my data plan.

As long as you do this, you should be fine.

diznee25
Old 02-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
Ali
DIS Veteran

Don't forget to check on to a Cspan channel before you goto bed and rack up a few hours worth of points. The longer the show the more the points. I just redeemed my first B&N gift card because I wanted to verify it works.

It's fun! I started on Saturday morning and have no access during the work day and am up to 19000 today!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #35
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie1203 View Post
How do you check in for shows that are on the DVR. I look the show up but it didn't give me an option to check in.
You can only check in for DVR'd shows using the audio recognition feature. But that feature is not working right now. They told me, by e-mail, they would have that fixed soon.

If you read their FAQ, it explains that you can't manually check in to DVR shows.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #36
babygus0
Earning My Ears

Wish this was available for Android. Wonder how long it will be before it is?
babygus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #37
lobmcf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygus0 View Post
Wish this was available for Android. Wonder how long it will be before it is?
They keep saying 3-4 weeks. Wahhh!! I want it now!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #38
Ali
DIS Veteran

If you redeem for B&N giftcards you can only store 3 in your online account. I don't know what would happen if you printed them out and took them in to the store. Just in case you were thinking of saving them up in your online account to get a nook
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #39
Jen_in_NH
waffles and snow seem to go together for me
Starts snowball fights in bars
I can't imagine anything more lovely than a rooster with a leprechaun hat
Answer - HOUSE!

I hust signed up for this yeaterday, and am hoping to tet a ton of points. Is there a limit on the target cards for how many you can get or use at once?
Jen_in_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #40
zoemurr
DIS Veteran

how often

does the trivia/trailers come up? I had a ton last night (after I signed up) but this morning I don't have anything new.
zoemurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #41
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

I downloaded the app when the OP mentioned it and have gotten three $5 gift cards so far (1 a day). I redeem the points right when I get to 7500 points and save them to my online Target e-gift card account. You can then combine your cards into one and bring your mobile device to the store for the cashier to scan. Worked fine yesterday.

I'm not going to sit on my points, as some folks on SlickDeals have had their Amazon dollars disappear. Just FYI. It's best to save your codes right away to the appropriate company's website.
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #42
Neelloc
I'm still 716, I'm still Buffalo!

I earned enough points by last night so I cashed in for a $10 itunes gift card! Loaded it right into my Itunes account! I am also not going to hoard my points. I plan on cashing in when I get enough for something.
2006: POFQ
2007: POP Century
2011: POFQ
2012: POP Century
2015: Resort TBD
Neelloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #43
tink576
Think of the Happiest Things, Fairies, Princesses and Kings!

Ok, so I see how you log into a show but how do you find the trivia and trailers. The app is a bit confusing to me.

Also how do manually check into a show that you are watching?

Any help would be appreciated!

tink576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #44
tink576
Think of the Happiest Things, Fairies, Princesses and Kings!

Duplicate Post! Sorry

tink576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #45
zoemurr
DIS Veteran

on the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink576 View Post
Ok, so I see how you log into a show but how do you find the trivia and trailers. The app is a bit confusing to me.

Also how do manually check into a show that you are watching?

Any help would be appreciated!
of the screen it says, "what's on" so click on that. It will show you a program and how many points you get when you watch it. If you click on it sometimes underneath is says to watch a trailer or answer questions. After you do them click "back" and scroll sideways to the next show. (There are 20 I believe.)

Also when I went into my history of watched shows (click on the little person icon at the top) and clicked on those shows I found some other trivia.

I had a few hours worth last night but today I have nothing. Can someone tell me if there is a way to get it to refresh? Or do I just have to wait?

Have fun! I got 7,000 pts in one day w/out a lot of effort.
zoemurr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: