Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #316
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

I redeemed out today. I chose things I can transfer immediately, like Starbucks to my card and Best Buy to an actual card mailed to me. I do this because the already redeemed Amazon codes mentioned on Slickdeals make me nervous.

Also, this post from FB made me leary (someone was asking about the Target gift cards):

Viggle: we want to keep our rewards catalog fresh and exciting, so look for it to continue to change and evolve. Rest assured, your fave rewards will make their way back into the catalog over time!

That said, I have made $60 with this app so far: $30 Target, $25 Best Buy, and $5 Starbucks. Honestly, it's my opinion that they are going to increase the point amount for rewards and are letting the current ones sell out. I don't know anything, it's just the feeling I get, especially with some people having multiple accounts.
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #317
diznee25
"Curse you perry the platypus!"

As the rewards sell out, you can what the favorites and not so favorites are. There are a few I just don't understand why they are even in the rewards catalog; The Travelocity and Score Big (for event tickets). Can't imagine that these would ever be redeemed frequently, let alone sell out.

I think Viggle needs to keep tabs on the popular rewards, keep those in stock, and get rid of the ones that aren't moving.

Now I'm sure people will start posting like mad, "Oh, I've redeemed for Score Big." or "Oh, I get the Travelocity GC all the time." But I'd doubt it!

diznee25

diznee25 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #318
diznee25

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVCshopper View Post
I redeemed out today. I chose things I can transfer immediately, like Starbucks to my card and Best Buy to an actual card mailed to me. I do this because the already redeemed Amazon codes mentioned on Slickdeals make me nervous.

Also, this post from FB made me leary (someone was asking about the Target gift cards):

Viggle: we want to keep our rewards catalog fresh and exciting, so look for it to continue to change and evolve. Rest assured, your fave rewards will make their way back into the catalog over time!

That said, I have made $60 with this app so far: $30 Target, $25 Best Buy, and $5 Starbucks. Honestly, it's my opinion that they are going to increase the point amount for rewards and are letting the current ones sell out. I don't know anything, it's just the feeling I get, especially with some people having multiple accounts.
Love this post, you nailed it! This is exactly what me and DH have been thinking as well. I'm able to cash out for a $10 gift card every 4 or 5 days and I don't even hit the 12,000 points per day limit. So imagine if everyone did that....I don't know how Viggle would stay in business! Granted, there is a $550 reward cap per calendar year for everyone, but still... I don't think it's Viggle's intention for everyone to redeem $50 every single month in rewards. Or like that one person (from FB) who already redeemed an Amazon Kindle and has enough points to get another one already!

I'm surprised to hear that people have multiple accounts. Rules are one account per person.....I don't know how you would have more than one account..... To be honest, with the way Viggle has been suspending/closing accounts I wouldn't dare try opening a second account!

diznee25

Old 03-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #319
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

But can't each person in your house have an account? I think that is what they mean. We only have 1. My husband is the one with the iphone, but work is giving him a ipad so I was going to put my name on that account.

I think that they will raise the point value for gift cards and that is why everything is running out. I just don't see how they can be so low on everything and not restock.

I know I will kick myself later, but I will still hold out for Target. I am trying to pay this upcoming Disney Trip all in gift cards that I get from different places and surveys that I do. It is a long shot, but I accept

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #320
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

I don't know about the multiple accounts, either. It's just been mentioned on Slickdeals.net on the 250+ viggle thread. Some interesting stuff over there...
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #321
diznee25

Quote:
I don't know about the multiple accounts, either. It's just been mentioned on Slickdeals.net on the 250+ viggle thread. Some interesting stuff over there...
Thanks for mentioning this....wow, it is very interesting! Many people over there know too much about accounts being flagged/banned from Viggle! Some of them ever mention causally that their own accounts have been flagged multiple times!

Seems the Dis group is the better Viggle group out there! Yea us!

diznee25

Old 03-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #322
diznee25

Oh, I also read over there that someone had redeemed a $5 Burger King e-card from Viggle. Took their phone into Burger King and was told that BK only excepts physical gift cards.

Has anyone here redeemed for a BK e-gift card and got the same results when trying to use it??

I haven't tried to redeem for a gift card where I would have to physically walk into the store to use it. Sephora, BN, and Itunes e-cards I've only used online. (well that's a given for Itunes anyway..)

diznee25

Old 03-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #323
diznee25

Quote:

I overlooked this part when I quoted you earlier.

This morning I used Twitter to ask Viggle about Target Gift Cards. I got somewhat of the same response, but they didn't reassure me about Target cards coming back!

Hey there, the catalog will cont 2 change & evolve over time. We intend 2 add rewards & replace existing rewards 2 keep it fresh & exciting.

So, I don't know, if you kinda read into both comments it sounds like even if they do bring back Target cards, it won't be all the time, and will be so inconsistent that they will sell out within hours and not everyone who wants them will be able to get them. (That happened to me on the second to last batch of Target GCs 3 weeks ago, I missed out.)

But I hope Viggle will prove me wrong....cause I want those Target cards too!

diznee25

Old 03-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #324
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

My DH is not home yet and he is the one with the iphone. Are the doing something special for Idol today like they said??? He better hurry up I need to get points

Many Trips Before DS
Old 03-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #325
mommagoof
Mouseketeer

Maybe we all should email or post on their facebook page they we would like to see Disney Gift Cards add to the rewards.
mommagoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #326
diznee25

Someone on this thread said Viggle was doing trivia or something w/American Idol. Nothing is showing up and I checked-in.

Is anyone else doing trivia or a Live Play Along with American Idol?

diznee25

Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #327
diznee25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagoof View Post
Maybe we all should email or post on their facebook page they we would like to see Disney Gift Cards add to the rewards.
I e-mailed Viggle this idea over 4 weeks ago. They just said "Thanks for the idea."

diznee25

Old 03-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #328
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

That was me!!! They had a message after the Oscar triva that said to play along with Idol on Thursday. I dont know what happened? Maybe we all got to many points this week that they did not want to do it.

Many Trips Before DS
Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #329
diznee25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
That was me!!! They had a message after the Oscar triva that said to play along with Idol on Thursday. I dont know what happened? Maybe we all got to many points this week that they did not want to do it.
You're probably right!

diznee25

Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #330
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Well everyone say good-bye to Viggle as we know it. I just saw on Twitter that Ryan Seacrest uses Viggle. Well since he has 6 million followers I think that Viggle users will sky rocket now. Better get what is left of those GC

Many Trips Before DS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: