Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Blue Bayou Reservations?

I'm planning a trip to DLR and I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row.
I've read that Blue Bayou is a hard restaurant to get into and that reservations are a must. On the Blue Bayou page I see a phone number to call for reservations. Is there no online system? Also, how far out are you allowed to book?

Thanks!

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

All depends on when you are going dictates how busy the BB may be. We usually do 1130 for lunch so we usually will get a water side table. There is no on line booking system so you do have to call 714-781-3463
option 4 and I still think it is 60days out.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
All depends on when you are going dictates how busy the BB may be. We usually do 1130 for lunch so we usually will get a water side table. There is no on line booking system so you do have to call 714-781-3463

Jack
Thank you Jack!

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
candy0730
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post

Jack
This is exactly right. Thank you Jessica for reminding me to call. I am used to doing reservations online for WDW so I have been putting it off. It was super quick and easy. I was able to get 11:30 during a spring break week.

September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
candy0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

blackjack, I see that you said 11:30, I assume because it's before a normal lunch rush and you were more likely to get waterside because of that. What do you think about 2:30? I figured that was a little after the lunch rush and we might have a shot at getting a waterside for 3 people. Any thoughts from anyone?

Our reservation is Friday, 2/23 at 2:30. We've never been there before, so I have no way to tell when is a good time.
nicolispicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
soaringirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolispicoli View Post
blackjack, I see that you said 11:30, I assume because it's before a normal lunch rush and you were more likely to get waterside because of that. What do you think about 2:30? I figured that was a little after the lunch rush and we might have a shot at getting a waterside for 3 people. Any thoughts from anyone?

Our reservation is Friday, 2/23 at 2:30. We've never been there before, so I have no way to tell when is a good time.
Good question! I will also like to know. I was planning an 11:30, but 2:30 sounds nice too.

soaringirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
blackjackdelta

Quote:

My brother tried a 1400 time last year for the 4 of them and did not get waterside even though he asked and said he would wait..mid summer July.
Really not a problem with a 1130 reservation and check in at 1115. Dinner was 1630 at another time, still summer, and we got water side.

Jack
Old 02-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

Thanks!! I think I may consider changing it! We had it set for 2:30 since we were supposed to drive in from Sac Friday AM, but now we're driving in Thursday evening instead, so we could go at 11:30.

One more question. Is there a good amount of waterside seating? I assume not that much, but you never know...
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
4Vals
Earning My Ears

Great information here thank you!

What do they have for kids at the Blue Bayou?
4Vals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
blackjackdelta

If you use the search there are a number of threads on this subject, here is just one...http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ght=blue+bayou

Jack
Old 02-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

Thanks again Jack!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
Kittyskyfish
Wee little ears...

Quote:

Hi! The Blue Bayou opens at 11:30 a.m., which is why the 11:30 slot is recommended for first seating. After that, you'll either have wait a long time or hope that "luck of the draw" will get you near the waterside.

It is recommended that you arrive at the check-in station by 11:15 and get in a holding pattern with the other first seating guests. Anywhere between 11:20 and 11:25 they will start the check-in process for PS and walk up guests. From there, you sit in the foyer and wait your turn to be seated.
Kittyskyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I did call and switch my reservation to 11:30 per Jack's suggestion! We decided that 11:30 was not to early for heavier food afterall! We'll definitely check in at 11:15 too. I also guess it's a good sign that we're going next week and 11:30 was still available!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #14
HannaBelle
DIS Veteran

Are reservations at DL an actual reservation or just priority seating like WDW?
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #15
jimreuter
Mouseketeer

The earliest reservation time available at Blue Bayou is 11:30. There are 11 reservation slots for 11:30, and there are 12 waterside tables, so if you have an 11:30 reservation AND SHOW UP BY 11:30, you will get waterside seating. On busy days (currently Fri-Sat-Sun, but maybe Presidents Day week all week) the doors open at 11:00 and seating begins at 11:15. Otherwise, doors open at 11:25 and seating begins at 11:30. Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance, and the popular dinner hours are usually booked at least a week in advance.
jimreuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: