Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
ali92579
Disney Mommy

Candlelight Processional 2012

Good morning!

I know this is kind of early, but I am a planner and I am looking in to the candlelight processional 2012 package. Can anyone tell me when the reservations open up for this package and does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants to dine at with package? It will me my husband, myself and our 4 1/2 year old daughter.

Thank you in advance.
2012 November/December - POP Century,2012 February - 1st Adult Only Trip Pop Century, 2011 January - Pop Century, October 2010 - Disneyland 1st Time, 2010 June - Pop Century , 2009 December - Pop Century , 2007 September - Pop Century, 2006 September - Wilderness Lodge, 1997 May - Off Site, 1989 November - Off Site, 1987 September - Polynesian
ali92579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali92579 View Post
Good morning!

I know this is kind of early, but I am a planner and I am looking in to the candlelight processional 2012 package.

1- Can anyone tell me when the reservations open up for this package and

2- does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants to dine at with package?
1- Sometime between mid-June and mid-July.
The narrator list will not be complete by that time, however.

2- That's pretty subjective. We like The Land's Garden Grill.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
krb2g
DIS Veteran

Last year, the packages opened up for reservations around July 23. There was some preliminary information (on narrators, costs, and dates) available earlier. We were a large group (11) and booked at Coral Reef. I would not do the candlelight package there again: the food was delicious, but even though we made the reservation in the window required for the package and arrived at the restaurant early, it took a long time for us to be seated and service was slow. Our reservation was for 4:05, we were there by 4 at the latest, and at 6:30 we were still waiting for the bill to be finished up. The show was at 6:45. We had to dash to get over there. When we got to the theater, the CMs at the start of the dinner party line were wonderful and sent us right in (most people had already been seated by that point), but the CM at the seats was indifferent to whether we were sitting together or had a good view (very frustrating because the package was expensive, and we were running late because of slow service, not because we had eaten and then tried to ride rides or something). Fortunately, another CM in the seating area found us good seats all together, but the experience makes me hesitant to recommend Coral Reef for this particular package.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

We went in 2007 and I remember the date was sometime in July. For some reason, July 2nd sticks out in my mind.

We had a great time! Neil Patrick Harris was our narrator and he was fabulous. Hubby and I each had a different narrator that we'd hoped to see, but we are so glad we got NPH.

We dined at Le Cellier. At the time, it was still a 1TS. I think our ADR was around 5 and then we headed over to wait in line. We ended up talking to the people around us, so it made the time pass quicker, but I know we waited at least 30 minutes, but it could have been an hour.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

We did Le Cellier for lunch and thought it was a great deal - it was our first time at Le Cellier so it allowed us to try a lot of the menu at a fixed price.

We loved the entire experience. The only drawback to a lunch package is that you have to go to the 5:00 processional when it isn't totally dark. But on the pro-side, we had a lovely evening walking around World Showcase, seeing a few attractions in Future World waiting for Illuminations to start after the processional.
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

We have done the package for the late show for the past 3 years - once at Chefs de France, once at Marrakesh, and this past year at Tokyo Dining. All were good - Chefs de France was our favorite and Marrakesh was our least favorite. Most of the TS restaurants in Epcot are used for the package.
We like the last show - dinner is around 5pm so you have plenty of time to get to the show. The only problem with the late show is that it is hard to make it to the reserved Illuminations viewing spot - since all three package times go to the same spot, the late show people are the last to arrive. We ended up about 6 people back from the railing.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

We did the dinner package on the first day this was held this past year. We were a 3 adult party with a 5:00 pm dinner reservation at Coral Reef and the 8:15 pm show. We got there 15 minutes early and got taken to our table right away. We had a wonderful server and even with the chef coming out to talk to us because of my husband's food allergies it was a pretty quick and delicious meal. We had time to walk from there around the WS and make stops before getting in line for the show 45 minutes ahead of time.
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #8
ali92579
Disney Mommy

Dining plan

Does it use one or two credits on the dining plan? I am a little confused.
2012 November/December - POP Century,2012 February - 1st Adult Only Trip Pop Century, 2011 January - Pop Century, October 2010 - Disneyland 1st Time, 2010 June - Pop Century , 2009 December - Pop Century , 2007 September - Pop Century, 2006 September - Wilderness Lodge, 1997 May - Off Site, 1989 November - Off Site, 1987 September - Polynesian
Old 02-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
It's not the Package that determines the credits. It's the restaurant. Le Cellier used to be a 1TS credit meal. Now the lunch is 1, but the dinner is 2TS.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #10
Robo

Quote:
http://allears.net/tp/h_cpfaq.htm

Quote:
Disney Dining Plan is accepted as follows:
Magic Your Way Plus Dine - 2 TSR entitlements
Magic Your Way Plus Deluxe Dine - 2 TSR entitlements
Magic Your Way Quick Service Dine – Not eligible
Magic Your Way Premium Package
Magic Your Way Platinum Package
Old 02-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

We always do the package. I call on the first day they are released to book.

Warning, you will be on hold an average of 30 minutes doing this. I think mine was 40 minutes and about 40 call redials. Have credit card in hand etc.

Have your lst and 2nd choices available.

We always do a top tier 1 rest. This time we did Tutto, we usually choose there or Chefs de France. We also pick the 6:45 show. On that day since you have to eat diner around 4 pm, we have a huge breakfast,light snack and then the dinner.

Even the line to wait in after you dine is long. I use the handicapped seating area so we usually get pretty close.

As others have said the first show is really not dark. We dont pick the last show as I am pretty intolerant to the real cold weather, so the 6:45 show works for us.

Some people dont think the package is worth the money but we do. If you want to do the stand by line for free you can, but depending on the narrarator you will have a long wait etc.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
FireRN
Mouseketeer

Just decided to do a Christmas trip for the first time this yearso I too am looking for this info. Keep the recommendations coming please. Specifically, is the dining package necessary if you we are going to be there early in the season.

2011 Pop, 2009 ASMov, 1997 offsite, 1996 Contemporary, 1994 CBR, several earlier offsite trips as a young boy.
FireRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
ali92579
Disney Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
So it is 2 dining credits? Still confused.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #14
Robo

Quote:
So it is 2 dining credits? Still confused.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/cand...ocessional.htm

Quote:
Disney Dining Plan Exchanges
Plus Dining (Basic plan): 2 table service credits
Deluxe Dining: 2 table service credits
Premium Dining: 1 credit
Platinum Dining: 1 credit
Old 02-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #15
mmtska
I dreamed of a wish and it came true!

Location: 15 minutes from Disney, but my home will always be in Pittsburgh!

All I know is that if NPH does the CP again, I'll be on the phone or online getting me an ADR for the first show. I figure if we do Biergarten, I can hurry up and be one of the first people in line

No trips planned for now....just the odd day at the parks whenever I want
Feeling hot, hot, HOT 7/11 PTR
The Attack of the Lime green Mickey Heads
mmtska is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: