Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
theish11
Earning My Ears

Airport Shuttle services to Disney Resort

Does Disney have Airport Transportation discounts for guests staying at the resort?a
theish11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
aussieGeorge68
Can't wait for September

Quote:
Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
Does Disney have Airport Transportation discounts for guests staying at the resort?a
Most Disney resorts offer free airport transfers from Orlando International I cant post links yet but google "Disney's Magical Express Transportation" for more details.

Sep/Oct 2012 - Universal 5 nights Hardrock Hotel. Disney Dream 23 Sep 2012 (4 night Bahamian). Walt Disney World 7 nights Windsor Hills Pool Home & 2 nights Wilderness Lodge.

Aug/Sep 2008 Disneyland, CA - 6 Nights Grand Californian. Walt Disney World - 7 nights All Star Music & 5 Nights Polynesian.

Sep/Oct 2006 - Disneyland, CA - 8 nights Double Tree Guest Suites & 2 nights Grand Californian

May 2003 - Disneyland, CA - Disneyland Hotel.
aussieGeorge68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

Disney's Magical Express is free. We use the initials DME to denote it here on the DIS. You can also get a lot of info at the stickies at the top of the transporation board. You can check luggage all the way throgh to the resort or get your luggage at baggage claim and use the service. You may stop at several resorts before getting to your own.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
SuperMomDea
Earning My Ears

Smile Resort drop off

Quick ??
When the ME drops u off at ur resort, do they also drop off ur luggage too or does that come back later after every passenger has been dropped off at the last resort. I have heard it both ways & I always keep forgetting to ask when I call WDW resort info line
SuperMomDea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
Mcbruns
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMomDea View Post
Quick ??
When the ME drops u off at ur resort, do they also drop off ur luggage too or does that come back later after every passenger has been dropped off at the last resort. I have heard it both ways & I always keep forgetting to ask when I call WDW resort info line
Your checked luggage will arrive at your hotel after you (in most cases). We love using DME and have never had any problems. Not having to stop at baggage claim at Orlando is very convenient. The arrival time of your luggage will vary.
1976-offsite~ 1991-offsite~ 1993-offsite~ 1997-Swan~ 1998-Caribbean Beach~ 2003-Port Orleans~ 2004-Pop Century~ 2005-Beach Club Villas~ 2006-Contemporary ~ 2007-ASMu ~ 2007-Coronado Springs ~ 2007-Anniversary Trip GF ~ October 2008-Wilderness Lodge~2 trips in 2009 (June-WH and Sept-OKW)~ 2010-Swan for NYE ~ 2011-Poly for my 40th ~ April 2012 & July ~ 2013 Cruising on the Wonder & June trip ~2014-Lion King Suite
Mcbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMomDea View Post
Quick ??
I guess it all depends where your coming from (I cant tell from your signiture). We flew in from Canada on Jan 20th, we collected our bags ourselves and took them with us straight to the DME desk then to the buses. They were unloaded when we got off the bus and we took them with us into the resort (Pop).

Hope this helps.

My first completed Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871044
the_green_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

We always take our luggage as carry-ons, and in that case, our luggage stays with us until we put it under the bus for transport to WDW. Then we collect it before we go check in. Our room has always been ready, and I am not sure if that is b/c of early online check-in, or if it has been a fluke, but we just take our luggage to our rooms. If it hadn't been ready, we would have just left it there with them, and they hold it until the room is ready. My parents once did checked luggage, and theirs was brought directly to their room after they had already arrived and gone into the parks. When we did a split stay in May, we had our luggage transferred from one resort to another, and it took a while to get to us there. We came back from the parks and needed naps. Since the luggage was nowhere to be found, I stripped off my sweaty clothes and napped in my underclothes. It was actually a lovely nap. Our luggage was then delivered straight to our room.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, disney, resort, service, shuttle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: