Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #391
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post
How did I never get over here before?! I got some reading to do!
Take your time, Dan; this is VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY slow moving.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #392
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Happy Birthday, Marv. Love ya friend.

OMG I missed your Birthday !!!Happy very belated one dear friend !!
Okay niceness over , are you suggesting I need a Pole for support
Great Dis Meet and Phone Booth Prank !! I definately have to try that in October !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #393
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You were probably looking for Number Four !!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 08-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #394
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

first off, happy belated birthday! hope you had a great day! sorry it didn't work out for you all to visit us at Judy's...but guess birthdays get priorities before a DISmeet

looks like you had a fun day hanging out with Tanya! love the HM shots and about the phone call....I NEED that phone # too

Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #395
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Marv! I was afraid I was going to be so behind on your TR, but I've only missed TWO post!
That is too cool about the SC plate on wall at 50's PT!
I LOVED your prank phone booth call! Ya'll did a great job!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 09-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #396
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Hi Marv! I was afraid I was going to be so behind on your TR, but I've only missed TWO post!
Marv posts about once a month!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 09-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #397
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
I remember reading about Tanya! How cool that you managed a Dismeet and that she's doing so well. I was worried that actually meeting you might send her into some sort of shock or something but whew, seems she managed it well.
Who says it didn't ???

Quote:
Drew is too stinking adorable, are you sure you're related?? Kidding, kidding! He does have a great eye too, you should pay him for those Dismeets.
Har-dee-har-har....... And don't give him any ideas...........

Quote:
Love the telephone prank! Good one Tanya! And of course Marv, you could be counted on to play your part. I would've loved to have seen that group of people trying to figure out what the heck was going on!
That was definitely a lot of fun, and most of it was the looks on that group's faces.......

Quote:
Looks like fabulously low crowds too. We did an October trip a few years back and holy heck was it HOT! Like 95% humidity at 7am. I was surprised by just how hot it was, especially for the end of October.
Lots of cool HM's too! Good job. I like the garden maze one and the drain one. I never noticed those ones before!
Low crowds that day but it WAS the recommended park. It didn't take long for the heat to get unbearable.

Quote:
Marv, I'm so glad you got to meet Tanya. Isn't she wonderful?
Happy you got to spend some quality time together and that you two were able to pull off the phone booth prank. Well done, my friends, well done.
It was great meeting her, and a lot of fun! But most of all it was good to see her getting along so well after her surgery!!!

Quote:
Happy Birthday, Marv. Love ya friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

Happy Birthday Marvin
Have a great day and a great year! !!
Thanks you two!!! It was an interesting but wonderful birthday for sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
So glad you could meet up with Tanya!
DISmeets are great, aren't they!!!!

Quote:
Fantasic job with the phone prank! That sounds like it was absolutely flawless!
Thanks! It was lots of fun! Look forward to another chance to try it again sometime.

Quote:
Love the details. I'm always amazed at the work that goes into the things that most people don't notice.
Yep, there is always something new to find at Disney if you keep your eyes open! Like any of us need an excuse to go back...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
I really enjoyed theprank call great job guys, i remember seeing those drains with the mickeys in them a few years ago, that was really neat,
good job spotting them my friend.
well you know we cant wait for you to go next fall, that would mean the TR would be too far away, you should go this fall.
At the rate this one is moving, it will probably take until next fall to finish up.......

Quote:
Dan!!!! Good to have another Rosie "admirer" here to help keep her in check!!!

Quote:
Take your time, Dan; this is VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY slow moving.
I would comment..........if I had any room to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
OMG I missed your Birthday !!!Happy very belated one dear friend !!
Thanks Rosie!

Quote:
Okay niceness over , are you suggesting I need a Pole for support
Great Dis Meet and Phone Booth Prank !! I definately have to try that in October !!!!
Well if you remember, when you don't have a pole for support you end up torpedoing yourself into strange men's laps!!!

Quote:
You were probably looking for Number Four !!!
Hmmm, you might be right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
first off, happy belated birthday! hope you had a great day! sorry it didn't work out for you all to visit us at Judy's...but guess birthdays get priorities before a DISmeet
looks like you had a fun day hanging out with Tanya! love the HM shots and about the phone call....I NEED that phone # too
Thanks Lisa, and yes I hate things didn't work out! Maybe again real soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Hey Amy! Glad you made it by! I was waiting on you so you wouldn't get too far behind.............

Quote:
Marv posts about once a month!!!!
On a good month.......

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 09-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #398
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Yes, Jonathan and I enjoyed our October trip last year with the lower crowds, but it sure wasn't any cooler!!! I'm thinking I need to plan another fall trip sometime in the near future.

As for DISmeets, I always meet some really great people! Well there is Glenn, but then he had a really great family to make up for it!!!! (and I found a Judy too......)
October can really go either way. I have had hot weather as well as a wake up temp of 42.

October is my favorite time to go.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #399
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, Jonathan and I enjoyed our October trip last year with the lower crowds, but it sure wasn't any cooler!!! I'm thinking I need to plan another fall trip sometime in the near future.

As for DISmeets, I always meet some really great people!
With fall aproaching quickly here (today it is really chilly outside - should have worn a coat walking to work), I am thinking back to last year when I was in the last planning stages for our October trip (which included the fabulous DISmeet with you and Jonathan!)...

However, you really missed the cooler days last October. As soon as you had left, it became cold! So cold that on our last days we did not go into the water at the pool and when sitting outside, wanted to sit in the sun.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 09-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #400
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Who

At the rate this one is moving, it will probably take until next fall to finish up.......

Dan!!!! Good to have another Rosie "admirer" here to help keep her in check!!!
Don't encourage him !!!

Thanks Rosie!
You are so welcome Marv

Well if you remember, when you don't have a pole for support you end up torpedoing yourself into strange men's laps!!!

I ressemble that remark!!!!

Hmmm, you might be right!!!

Number 4 was an inside joke from our Caope Cod trip wasn't till the way back we figured out what Mark meant by holding up 4 fingers in Dan's face while he was driving

On a good month.......
I agree with that comment !!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 09-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #401
marvali
DIS Veteran

American Pavilion

Chapter 11 – American Pavilion

As we arrived at the American Pavilion I noticed this...........

And then I saw this guy...........

This was my first time hitting this perfectly to enjoy The Spirit of America Fife.............

.............and Drum Corps

As the whole group came out and took their position!

I've always been a sucker for patriotic music and listening to these guys was quite a treat! This was a first for me.

It was also interesting to watch them performing the military formations that would have been used during the revolution...........

As the colors take their rightful place out in front!!!

Performance done, they head back inside...................

After their presentation, they were willing to pose for pictures, so I had Drew hop in there with them.

This was all new to me as I have seen the American Adventure a couple of times now, but none of the other entertainment. Tanya knew what was going on and that some more entertainment was about to occur. It was time to head inside for another new treat..................

Coming up Chapter 12 – Voices of Liberty

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #402
marvali
DIS Veteran

Voices of Liberty

Chapter 12 – Voices of Liberty

As we moved inside the vestibule of the American Adventure a crowd was already starting to gather. Tanya had asked me if I had seen the Voices of Liberty before, and when I said no she told me it was a must do. Pretty soon they come walking out.

As they prepared to perform, they suggested the audience move closer and form a circle around them under the rotunda of the building. This allowed for the best acoustics to enjoy their singing. Sadly I only took this one additional picture of them performing as I spent most of my time enjoying their performance, although I did make about 4 short videos on my phone of them singing. They are extremely good, and with a history heavily involved in music, I can definitely appreciate the quality of their performance. The Voices of Liberty are definitely worth the time to enjoy......again and again!

When the VoL finished their performance, everyone started filing into the theatre. As we had seen the American Adventure before Andrew was more interested in moving on, but we took the opportunity to look for some potential Hidden Mickeys.

As we looked around, the CM who was at the front door noticed what we were doing. He took a lot of time sharing facts about the vestibule area and also the building itself. If you get a chance, chat up a CM there sometime who is in some down time while the AA is showing and he has some time. Lots of cool information about the paintings along the walls of the vestibule, and also he told us the story about.................

In case any of you aren't aware, the face of the clock is in Roman numerals, but the 4 is shown as IIII instead of IV. I believe he told us that was traditional for that period because of the potential for the IV and the VI to be confused since you are looking at them upside down. Seems silly to us now, but I guess back then it had a legitimate purpose.

Andrew and I planned to continue around World Showcase in search of the elusive HM. Tanya decided this would be a good time to part ways and head back towards the International Gateway and back to her room. We said our goodbyes and headed off in opposite directions. As it always is when meeting DISfriends, it was great getting to spend some time with Tanya and share our love of all things Disney!!!

I always have to stop here as I approach Germany Pavilion. I always loved model trains, and this time we also located some HMs. See if you can pick out which of the pictures includes a HM without help...........

Another rather well known HM.........

We decided to stop at Caramel Kuche and grab a snack. Drew's chocolate and caramel brownie

And I chose chocolate and caramel fudge

As we headed further around World Showcase, the crowds were still fairly light. This is what was ahead of us as we crossed the bridge on the way to China.

As we walked I decided to text and see if Jonathan and Alison were on the way to the park yet. Turned out that Jonathan wasn't feeling very well and they decided to just hang around the resort, and maybe hit the pool or a water park later to escape the heat. Drew and I hopped a bus and he was totally interested in possibly heading out to a water park again.

But Marv had something else on the agenda for the afternoon....................

Coming up Chapter 13 – The Marvical Express

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 09-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #403
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

3 judys !!!! Oops wrtong thread , I meant pix #3 with the HM in the bushes , #2 also is a possible with the pots , Do I win the round !!!

I have seen the Fife and Drummers before and loved it . Reminded me of the Drum Core in my home town performing on the Angel Hill across from the Abbeygate !! Such memories !!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #404
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Great update! I will now have to try to catch the 'Voices of Liberty' when we go next week!
I must be blind, but I can't find the hidden Mickey in the pic of the guy in armor suit.

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 09-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #405
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Chapter 11 – American Pavilion

After their presentation, they were willing to pose for pictures, so I had Drew hop in there with them.

I caught those guys once and I nearly got in their way.
The last time I saw them was NYE and I only saw them going out and in since I was sitting with Chris while he was eating.

Quote:
Chapter 12 – Voices of Liberty

I always have to stop here as I approach Germany Pavilion. I always loved model trains, and this time we also located some HMs. See if you can pick out which of the pictures includes a HM without help...........

Another rather well known HM.........

I see some !!!!

Quote:

We decided to stop at Caramel Kuche and grab a snack. Drew's chocolate and caramel brownie

And I chose chocolate and caramel fudge

MMMMMMMM
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: