Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #361
marvali
DIS Veteran

Chapter 9 – Epcot Morning and Hidden Mickey’s - Part 2

Chapter 9 – Epcot Morning and Hidden Mickey’s - Part 2

Since we still had some time before the DISmeet, Andrew and I decided to head back and use our FPs for Soarin' and see what else we could ride and look for more HMs. On the way to The Land Pavilion we passed these guys.

After riding Soarin' and again taking note of the two HMs in the Pre-show and the four HMs during our flight, we decided to take a quick ride on Living With the Land. There are numerous HMs to be found here, and they start quickly in the loading area as the ride begins.

There are always some interesting plants to see and information to be learned during this ride.

Monstera........I would expect this to be bigger.........or scarier looking???

Who knew the Water Lily was completely edible??? Wonder if that is with or without the frog sitting on it???

A Hidden Mickey

The famous Nine Pound Lemons. Some of these just don't look the part, but at least there is more than one this time.

Another HM

There are a few other Hidden Mickey's on this ride but I was either looking the wrong way, or just missed them. Oh well, I guess another excuse to go back and find some more.........

My next DIS meet was getting close, as they had made it in the park through the International Gateway, so Drew and I headed towards World Showcase so we could meet up. Time for one more picture at my favorite Epcot fountain......

As we left the fountain and started towards World Showcase I hear a voice say Marv??? I look up and there is the person I was planning to meet this day. Okay, don't spoil it for the others who may read along after you, but who can figure out from this picture who I am finally getting to meet??? (It's a real toughie!!!)

Next Up Chapter 10 – Another DIS Meet

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #362
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW! Okay, I won't say who it is and get blamed for being a rat!

Great update, and great job on the Hidden Mickey's.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #363
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

i know too.

do you think the one in hte lab with the test tubes is a permanet one? or one they change around...dont know if i have ever seen that.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #364
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I know!

We rode the Land this summer and all of my HM pictures are blurry because I didn't see them until we were mostly past them. Oh well.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #365
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW! Okay, I won't say who it is and get blamed for being a rat!

Great update, and great job on the Hidden Mickey's.
Thanks for not spilling it! You're still a RAT!!!!

And I meant that in the nicest of ways..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i know too.

do you think the one in hte lab with the test tubes is a permanet one? or one they change around...dont know if i have ever seen that.
I have seen that one on other occasions. I think it is permanent (but easy to change obviously), although it isn't unusual for the Imagineers to add and remove them at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I know!

We rode the Land this summer and all of my HM pictures are blurry because I didn't see them until we were mostly past them. Oh well.
I saw a few others but was too far past them already. By the time I got the camera around and tried to focus I knew it would be a waste of time! I guess we both need to go back sometime.........

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #366
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I love the Epcot fountain too ,Epcot is my fave park
Old 08-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #367
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
I guess we both need to go back sometime.........
i know the perfect time that you should go on a trip.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #368
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jammin' with the Jamminators.

Quote:

After riding Soarin' and again taking note of the two HMs in the Pre-show and the four HMs during our flight,
Um Where are your pictures??? I know during the show it is almost impossible to get any but you can surely get the preshow--- Another reason for a trip back I guess.

Quote:

There are always some interesting plants to see and information to be learned during this ride.

Quote:

Monstera........I would expect this to be bigger.........or scarier looking???
I want to meet the guy who name THAT Monstera.

I agree that there are so many HM on Living with the land that it is hard to catch them all on a single trip.

My next DIS meet was getting close, as they had made it in the park through the International Gateway, so Drew and I headed towards World Showcase so we could meet up. Time for one more picture at my favorite Epcot fountain......
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That is one of my facorites too. But heck I really like all of them being full of water and all.

Quote:

As we left the fountain and started towards World Showcase I hear a voice say Marv??? I look up and there is the person I was planning to meet this day. Okay, don't spoil it for the others who may read along after you, but who can figure out from this picture who I am finally getting to meet??? (It's a real toughie!!!)

Next Up Chapter 10 – Another DIS Meet
I know I know..
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #369
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Um Where are your pictures??? I know during the show it is almost impossible to get any but you can surely get the preshow--- Another reason for a trip back I guess.
Funny because I don't ever think about taking pictures of the videos. Not sure why; maybe that just seems wrong in my mind somehow??? Still shots of videos.....

Guess I need to do a better job of learning from your TRs and get lots of pictures of everything so I have lots more to post when I do my updates! Or at least when some of them come out bad, plenty to choose between!!!

Quote:
I want to meet the guy who name THAT Monstera.
? ?? ??? Somebody fun-size I'm sure........

Quote:
That is one of my facorites too. But heck I really like all of them being full of water and all.
I always suspected you were full of something!!!

Oh wait, I guess you were talking about the fountains.............

Quote:
I know I know..
I figured that one will be a gimme for most of my readers......

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 08-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #370
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Who knew the Water Lily was completely edible??? Wonder if that is with or without the frog sitting on it???
Mmmm...frog legs...

Ok, not really.

Quote:
There are a few other Hidden Mickey's on this ride but I was either looking the wrong way, or just missed them. Oh well, I guess another excuse to go back and find some more.........
I know we have one in our pictures, whenever I get around to posting them. My son said he spotted 5.

Quote:
Pretty sure I have this one...
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #371
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for not spilling it! You're still a RAT!!!!

And I meant that in the nicest of ways..........
I have seen that one on other occasions. I think it is permanent (but easy to change obviously), although it isn't unusual for the Imagineers to add and remove them at times.

I saw a few others but was too far past them already. By the time I got the camera around and tried to focus I knew it would be a waste of time! I guess we both need to go back sometime.........
Seriously? Seriously? And here I was not telling you that you resembled the first "janitor" in the jamminators. And you call me a rat!!!! Well, I never.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #372
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I love the Epcot fountain too ,Epcot is my fave park
It is one of my four favorites at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i know the perfect time that you should go on a trip.
Wonder when that would be???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Mmmm...frog legs...

Ok, not really.

I know we have one in our pictures, whenever I get around to posting them. My son said he spotted 5.

Pretty sure I have this one...
I wondered who would be first to mention the frog legs! +1 Who's Line points for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Seriously? Seriously? And here I was not telling you that you resembled the first "janitor" in the jamminators. And you call me a rat!!!! Well, I never.
You NEVER? I seriously doubt that.......

Last time you got mad when I hadn't replied to you yet, now you're complaining when I do????? Just no pleasing some people!!!

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #373
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

OOH OOH OOH Teacher! Pick Me! I know who you met!!!! Can't wait to see the rest...
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #374
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
OOH OOH OOH Teacher! Pick Me! I know who you met!!!! Can't wait to see the rest...
Add me to the I knows !!!!!!!And Kathy is NOT a RAT!! Us women have to stand up to Marv !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #375
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Add me to the I knows !!!!!!!And Kathy is NOT a RAT!! Us women have to stand up to Marv !!!
Thank you, Rosie.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: