Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

did I make the first page????

aw nuts but at the top of the second page will be back later to read...have to go pick Megan up from school, think she'd be upset if I was late

Old 02-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #17
marvali
DIS Veteran

finally made it to page 2 so I can do replies! I was trying to wait since I know how important it is to many of you to make Page 1 on a new TR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Ha Ha I am here.
Pat! However did you get here so quick? I was hoping I could get that second post saved for Chapter links before somebody joined in. Looks like I didn't beat you by much!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
Hi Marv! I can't wait to read about your trip! I always enjoy your trip reports. You and your family rock! I'm coming along for the ride on this one too!
Rozz! Thanks for the kind words!! Great to have you onboard, and hope this one doesn't disappoint......
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I FINALLY found it (I looked when I read a hint on LIsa's TR). I still don't see it showing up in your posts or threads you've written! But I am here and on the FRONT PAGE and I will NOT say a word! Alert the media, there is a rare time I make the front page!! I can't WAIT to read since this is the trip we met for the VERY FIRST TIME!!!!! (I THINK....)
Judy!
Glad you made it over! I know how busy you are so glad to have you tagging along! And you made it over from Lisa's link, and she still hasn't found me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
You are tricky!! Making some sort of announcement on my TR and then not providing a link! But I saw it in your signature!

Of course I am here - need to go back and read the intro now!
Magdalene! I knew you would be up to the challenge of finding the TR without too much help! I wanted to give everyone a chance in the different time zones to find it before I started broadcasting it too much! Glad you joined in since you and Katharina will be a part of this story!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
There was no link in his signature at 7 AM CET this morning.... So thank you dear sister for the hint!

marv, I'm looking forward to this TR? What speed should I expect?
Katharina! So glad you joined in too! Now my two favorite German sisters are here to keep me straight...... As far as speed, well, I can't get too fast since I don't want to get ahead of your's and Magdalene's story..... I know how busy you are, so I'll try not to make you have to check in toooo often to keep caught up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Joining! I've lurked on your TRs in the past.
Danielle! So glad you came out of lurkdom and joined in! Everyone here (well, MOST anyway) is very nice so feel free to join in and add to the conversation! It makes it a lot more fun for me!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #18
mommy2mrb

Ok, I'm back ..... I do have a VERY good excuse for being late to the party, I was scrapping our OCT trip, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Introductions and What's This TR All About?

For those of you who don't know me yet, I'm the Marv half of Marvali. I'm the Trip Planner of the group (okay, over-planner maybe) and the one who frequents the DIS Boards among other Disney sites, to gather as much information as I can to plan our trips. As you will see during this TR, those plans are set in stone and NEVER subject to change!!! I am also a very serious, no nonsense guy who is always reserved in my comments and very polite to everyone I know here on the DIS! (.... and don't believe any of the lies that are sure to be posted here in response to that statement, by those claiming to know me.........)

I surely hope you aren't talking about me are you , but this does give us another opportunity to be nice and sweet to you Marv

My DW of over 28 years is Alison. She is a middle school math teacher. She loves going to Disney, actually pretty much anywhere since she loves to travel, but doesn’t care anything about planning the details of the trip as long as we relax and have some family fun!

and I hope you let her get lots of relaxing done with that houseful of boys!

DS22 is Matthew. He has now graduated from college and is serving in the Navy. This trip would be our first without him along.

and we thank him for his service to our country!

DS19 is Jonathan. He is currently living at home while taking classes at a local college.

such a nice young man too! happy we got to meet him in Oct at HOB!

DS15 is Andrew. He is now a 9th grader who plays soccer and runs cross country for the local High School.

hope we will be able to meet Andrew and Matthew when we are visiting Judy this summer!

Here is a picture just before our previous post-Christmas/New Year’s trip.

great photo! did Andrew throw that snowball he's holding at one of his brothers???

We knew we would be heading back to Disney a few months later but very possibly without Matthew, so I purchased Annual Passes using our DVC discount for four of us, and I got Matthew a regular Disney ticket the day we arrived for the days he would be with us. If interested, you can read about that trip here:

Snow to 80 in 8 days-A spoonful of Holiday Cheer

I had hoped we could take our next trip to Disney just after school ended for multiple reasons. The absolute biggest reason was we were hoping when Matthew graduated from college he wouldn’t have to report to the Navy before we could take the trip, and he would be able to go with us. We knew this might be the last possible trip we could all take together as a family for a while and not knowing exactly when that might be we were hoping the timing would work out. As it turned out, the timing wasn't going to work out regardless, so this would be our first Disney trip without all of the family.

Another benefit to an early trip is we are DVC members and the point rates are lower the first few days of June, so we could have saved some points to use later. Also, we would have made it while Star Wars weekends were still going on, and after reading some TRs here on the DIS about them, I knew it was something our family would enjoy experiencing. And last but certainly not least, the later into the summer you travel to Disney, the better the chances that you will deal with hotter temperatures and higher humidity levels, neither of which contributes anything of value to a pleasant trip.

The big barrier to our getting to make the trip when planned was a huge project at work. I knew that it would have to go perfectly from a scheduling standpoint for us to be able to leave when I hoped. Unfortunately as the project moved along, it became obvious that the schedule was going to slip later into June and we probably would not be able to go when hoped, so I made the early call and rescheduled the trip. The dates would now be Friday, July 29th until Sunday, August 7th due to other obligations we had during the summer. So much for avoiding the heat and humidity!!!

could NEVER do WDW during the summer I'd be passed out from the humidity and heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I FINALLY found it (I looked when I read a hint on LIsa's TR). I still don't see it showing up in your posts or threads you've written! But I am here and on the FRONT PAGE and I will NOT say a word! Alert the media, there is a rare time I make the front page!! I can't WAIT to read since this is the trip we met for the VERY FIRST TIME!!!!! (I THINK....)
hey, you were on the ball today, I knew he was going to start one, just didn't realize it was going to be today

looking forward to reading along....are we taking bets on how long this TR will take to complete

Old 02-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #19
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
All I will admit to is that I was having a BLONDE moment.
Moment?
Quote:
But I'm here now, you lucky man.
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm going to sub while the subbing is good. I'll have to stop back to read later, however.

I love that family picture! I remember that one in your last TR.
Glenn! Glad to have you along once again! And that reminds me......need to take a lot more family photos!!!
Quote:
VERY SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Now, seriously, looking forward to this TR.
Kathy! In spite of your faults, you KNOW I love you!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I blame work for being late .......
Karin! Late, huh? Well for you it is quite a bit later than for the rest of us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'm in!
Mark! Cheese Balls available in the lounge!

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
did I make the first page????

aw nuts but at the top of the second page will be back later to read...have to go pick Megan up from school, think she'd be upset if I was late
Oh, well if you're going to put Megan first........

Lisa , great to have you along for the, uh,........ride....Yeah, that's it! I'm betting somewhere in here you will get at least a cameo appearance......

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 02-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #21
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sure...ignore all my other comments.

Last edited by KatMark; 02-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
marvali
DIS Veteran

I surely hope you aren't talking about me are you , but this does give us another opportunity to be nice and sweet to you Marv
Well if I WAS talking about you, it would only be on the fringes compared to a few others around here! Feel free to take every available opportunity for being "nice" and "sweet" to Marv!!!

and I hope you let her get lots of relaxing done with that houseful of boys!You'll find relaxing was a BIG part of her summer trip! Actually with the heat, it was for a lot of us!

and we thank him for his service to our country!Thanks Lisa! We are proud of his choice to serve!

such a nice young man too! happy we got to meet him in Oct at HOB! It was a great trip!

hope we will be able to meet Andrew and Matthew when we are visiting Judy this summer!Andrew maybe! Doubtful on Matthew......

great photo! did Andrew throw that snowball he's holding at one of his brothers???Snowball? What snowball?

could NEVER do WDW during the summer I'd be passed out from the humidity and heat Unfortunately that is a common time for us. We are sadly bound to the school schedule!

looking forward to reading along....are we taking bets on how long this TR will take to complete Well okay, as long as I get all the time slots that nobody else takes!

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 02-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Hmmmmm....I see how it is now. You MET Lisa in person, so now you respond to all of her "in red remarks" and ignore mine. That's okay; and I'm fine with it. I won't cry or anything. I'll just let Lisa and Judy give you grief and mind my own business.

RIP Genie
Old 02-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #24
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sure...ignore all my other comments.
Comments? You made comments?

Actually, you always say such nice things I always feel self-conscious. I was hoping to avoid the embarrassment of responding and sounding conceited.

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 02-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #25
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Oh, well if you're going to put Megan first........

believe me, she'd make my life misreable if I was late picking her up...plus she'd panick BIG time!!!

Lisa , great to have you along for the, uh,........ride....Yeah, that's it! I'm betting somewhere in here you will get at least a cameo appearance......
be nice with the photos please, nothing that doesn't show my best side

Quote:
Hmmmmm....I see how it is now. You MET Lisa in person, so now you respond to all of her "in red remarks" and ignore mine. That's okay; and I'm fine with it. I won't cry or anything. I'll just let Lisa and Judy give you grief and mind my own business.
permission from Kathy to abuse Marv are you ready Judy??!!! thanks Kathy type your stuff in red Kathy, Marv seems to respond to it

Quote:
Comments? You made comments?

Actually, you always say such nice things I always feel self-conscious. I was hoping to avoid the embarrassment of responding and sounding conceited.
you, conceited, nah

Old 02-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #26
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am also a very serious, no nonsense guy who is always reserved in my comments and very polite to everyone I know here on the DIS!
Oh ber-uther!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #27
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
be nice with the photos please, nothing that doesn't show my best side

permission from Kathy to abuse Marv are you ready Judy??!!! thanks Kathy type your stuff in red Kathy, Marv seems to respond to it

Absolutely; I can think of no one who deserves more abuse than Marv.

Lisa, I did on his intro and he totally ignored me. I'm feeling very unloved by Marv. I think I'll just hang on yours and Judy's TR's from now on.

RIP Genie
Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #28
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Lurked on the last one but got behind. I am excited to be here and will feel free to comment along the way
Old 02-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #29
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pat! However did you get here so quick? I was hoping I could get that second post saved for Chapter links before somebody joined in. Looks like I didn't beat you by much!!!
I could be accused of stalking. I will tell you I did wait until you posted the second post and then I pounced

I am glad you got to page 2. I was afraid I might need to help you out a bit. I know thatif I didn't pick up ont he hint and know the start was imminent I may not have seen it until you added it to your signature. I usually just go to my bookmarked TRs and only visit the main TR page at work.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 02-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay Thanks to Kathy I am in !!You were supposed to do the Rosie linkWill be back to read once I have defended myself from all the attacks on my own PTR!!! Even Winkers is over there attacking me
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: