Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #181
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Well what you waiting for???????????
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 03-16-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: because I can't do this right on my phone....
Old 03-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #182
marvali
DIS Veteran

Chapter 4 – AK for a Dinner DISmeet!

After getting all the shopping done and everything settled in for the rest of our trip, we relaxed for a little while and then got ready to head out to AK for our dinner ADR and a much anticipated DISmeet with Jenbear and her travelling friend Stitch. I made sure I brushed my teeth before heading out the door. Just kidding; I put that in here just for Molly!!! (although I MAY have... ) The weather was not looking very promising, and I hoped it wouldn’t put a “damper” on our evening. We decided to drive instead of waiting on a bus to make sure we made it in plenty of time.

The parking lot at AK was rather empty this late in the day, but they were parking the newly arriving cars in what seemed like a very far away section of the lot. I decided to see if I could find a spot closer to the entrance……..and the next thing I know, we are heading towards the exit.

Okay, let’s try this again. So I drive around and am soon back at the parking lot attendant we had just seen moments before. Wisely I went on the other side of the booth and put down the window so Alison could talk to her this time. I’m pretty sure she didn’t recognize me sitting on the other side………

This time I just pulled in the next available spot where they were parking everyone, and after we made sure we knew which row we were parked on, we quickly loaded into a tram and were on our way. The sky was very cloudy as we got off at the entrance.

We entered the park and with plenty of time until our 5:15 ADR at Yak & Yeti, we took our time so we didn’t arrive too early. Didn’t want Jenbear thinking I was an overzealous fan who couldn’t wait to meet one of his DISboard idols. (Okay, nobody is allowed to tell her that…….ROSIE I know you and revealing embarrassing secrets so especially you!)

We actually arrived at Yak & Yeti just before 5:00 and I stepped inside to see if Jen and Stitch might be inside. They weren’t there yet so I went back outside with the rest of the family. We stood there for a few minutes and then decided to go inside and check in so we could be seated whenever they arrived.

We decided with the humidity we would wait inside where it was a little cooler. A couple of minutes later I looked out and there was Jen and Stitch, looking around trying to find us. I walked out and greeted them and after Jen introduced me to Stitch, we headed inside and continued the introductions. We were seated immediately and of course Jen, being the talkative person she is, soon took over the conversation. Just kidding Jen of course, but like so many times with DISers, we all quickly began to find common things to talk about. Alison and Stitch found out they were both school teachers, and of course there was a lot of talk about some of you who are reading along with my TR……..and yes it was all good (mostly).

We settled in and decided on our orders. Jonathan and Andrew had been well versed on the sign Jenbear is famous for………

Jonathan's Crispy Mahi Mahi

Alison and I both had the Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp

Jenbear's meal......I think it was Sweet and Sour Chicken

Andrew's meal of sesame chicken

I really thought I had taken more pictures of this meal, but I guess we were just having too much fun talking and laughing. Either that or I didn’t want Stitch to think I was one of those DISboard dorks who takes so many food pictures. I’m sure she hadn’t been introduced to this yet by Jen……….

Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal, and we moved on to dessert. If there is ice cream around, then Andrew is happy.

And of course we had to have the dessert that seems to be so popular at Yak & Yeti…….the fried wontons.

I think this is the mango pie.........

And of course as everyone knows, if you don’t get a picture it didn’t happen, so we had our waiter play photographer for us.

After the meal Jen and Stitch were headed off to do other things, but we knew we would see them again during the week as we planned to meet later. It wasn’t very long until closing and the boys wanted to at least get in a few rides. Of course we had to head to Expedition Everest. The boys ran ahead of us and by the time Alison and I got there, they were coming out of the exit and we went back in with them and rode. After the ride Alison and I decided to look around in the gift shop. The boys wanted to ride EE again so they headed off without us. We soon headed out side and found a location to watch for the boys and I took a few pictures.

Hmm, no boys on this one.........

Wow, where are they??? Not on this one either........

Oh yes, THERE they are in the back seat........

As soon as they finished one ride they went right back into the line and rode again. In the final 30 minutes before the park closed, they were able to ride Expedition Everest six times!!!

After their sixth straight ride the boys had enough and we headed for the exit and back to OKW to relax.......... Seems like a good time to try out that blender!!!

Next Up Chapter 5 – Rope Drop at Epcot????

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #183
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Please note that I have NOT come back on here and said anything about the update NOT being up.
I KNOW it was killing you..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Well what you waiting for???????????
You to learn how to do quotes???? I know.......I bet you were posting from your phone..........

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #184
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

You had me not being happy with the parking arrangements! We do the drive around quite often!

for the DISmeet! You all look pretty happy!

.... and it looks like such a nice meal you all had together. ... and yes, I AM one of those dorks who takes too many photos of food!

to the boys for being able to ride EE 6 times in a row! It's a great ride!

Ahhh, back to OKW, to relax and I wonder what the blender was used for ..... I am sure it was a healthy fruity drink!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 03-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #185
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Chapter 4 – AK for a Dinner DISmeet!

And of course as everyone knows, if you don’t get a picture it didn’t happen, so we had our waiter play photographer for us.

Did you get that saying from Mark or did he get it from you? It's the same line he used when I met up with him and his family!

Great update. Your food looks amazing. We ate there in December but my DH and I did not love our meals. DS did! Plus it was lunch, so we were truly too stuffed for dessert. But I have to try those fried wontons!

I can't believe the boys rode EE 6 times in a half hour. Now THATs impressive!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #186
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Marv. So glad you got to meet Jen and Stitch. I have a feeling who you didn't say such nice things about.

I'm glad you enjoyed Yak & Yeti; we loved our one time there.

Now, as for your boys going on EE AFTER eating and then doing it six times. ARE THEY CRAZY? I would have puked after the first ride, let alone six.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #187
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
You to learn how to do quotes???? I know.......I bet you were posting from your phone..........
Yes I was trying to post from my phone. I hate when the network goes down at work. 2 hours no internet,can't print and can not access anything NOT on my hard drive.

So I had to use my phone.

And thank you for fixing my bracket. I did go back and fix mine when I could finally see it on a bigger screen.

Maybe you are a gentleman after all. Well at least until the next time you give me a hard time.

Nice legs!!!

Had to edit that

I WON!!!!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 03-16-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #188
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

can just see you driving up and down the parking lot aisles
we've eaten at Y & Y CS, but might need to try the sitdown, looks yummy!

looks like you had fun at your DIS meet!

wow to get EE done 6 times in 30 minutes is amazing...agree with Kathy don't think I could do it after all that food

Old 03-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #189
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

It's nice to have a day of not going and doing all day, good for you. With all that you're about to do and the heat....best to take it easy at first.

Mackenzie has informed me we need to have one day where we do nothing but sleep in, lounge around, swim at the pool and go to DTD to eat. All this and she's only 12! She's a smart cookie!

Yak and Yeti, still haven't eatin there. Not sure by the reviews if it's something I want to spend a dining credit on???
I know it's over a year away, but Mackie and I are already starting to plan out our dining.

I'm training her well , no?

Drinks from a blender, mmmm my favorite kind!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #190
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Old 03-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #191
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

I love how both me and Stitch are giving a thumbs up in that group picture. those clouds look very ominous. I think I remember being at rafikis planet watch when those storm clouds rolled in that day. I wasn't that quiet at dinner..... it was a great dinner though and it was lovely to meet you and your family
Old 03-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #192
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Great update! That's so cool that you were able to meet up JenBear!
How many Diser's have ya'll both meet up with? It seems like a lot.
The desserts look really good, especially since I have not eaten anything today yet.
I can't believe the boys got in EE 6x!!!
Lots of thumbs up for this great post & pics!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 03-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #193
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
You had me not being happy with the parking arrangements! We do the drive around quite often!

Whew, at least I'm not the only one.........

for the DISmeet! You all look pretty happy!

It was really a great time and meal!

.... and it looks like such a nice meal you all had together. ... and yes, I AM one of those dorks who takes too many photos of food!

to the boys for being able to ride EE 6 times in a row! It's a great ride!

I love it too.... but not sure 6 times that quickly would be on my agenda!!!

Ahhh, back to OKW, to relax and I wonder what the blender was used for ..... I am sure it was a healthy fruity drink!
Absolutely! I think it had pineapple......and coconut......and.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Did you get that saying from Mark or did he get it from you? It's the same line he used when I met up with him and his family!

Great update. Your food looks amazing. We ate there in December but my DH and I did not love our meals. DS did! Plus it was lunch, so we were truly too stuffed for dessert. But I have to try those fried wontons!

I can't believe the boys rode EE 6 times in a half hour. Now THATs impressive!
Making sure you get the picture is a DIS Dad's Club and a DIS boards standard! I guess that means if you DIDN'T get a picture.......it NEVER happened! Wouldn't that be a terrible way to treat your most wonderful experiences.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Marv. So glad you got to meet Jen and Stitch. I have a feeling who you didn't say such nice things about.

My Dearest Kathy, I can promise you that if we talked about you at dinnner, I would have mentioned you in the most glowing terms my friend!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed Yak & Yeti; we loved our one time there.

Now, as for your boys going on EE AFTER eating and then doing it six times. ARE THEY CRAZY? I would have puked after the first ride, let alone six.
Yeah, that sometimes happens to old people........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Yes I was trying to post from my phone. I hate when the network goes down at work. 2 hours no internet,can't print and can not access anything NOT on my hard drive.

So I had to use my phone.

I guess "you're welcome" for me coming up with your "out" for you........

And thank you for fixing my bracket. I did go back and fix mine when I could finally see it on a bigger screen.

Maybe you are a gentleman after all. Well at least until the next time you give me a hard time.

I am a perfect Southern Gentleman..........Stitch told me so!!!

Nice legs!!!

Thanks......

Had to edit that

I WON!!!!!!!
Well since this contest was developed by you ladies, I'm wondering what they will be getting you! I already let you see my legs and the yellow shorts!!!

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 03-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #194
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Okay Marv, I haven't really DIS'd in days and I come here to say hello and you make me so HUNGRY looking at your food pics that I will have to fix dinner momentarily. I LOVE the looks of everything, especially what you and Alison had...YUMMY!!! (what I cook will NOT look like that). Loving all of the updates and looks like you have me beat writing your TR quicker than me...oh well, didn't you tell me I had a year to finish???

I hope you are having a marvelous weekend!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #195
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
can just see you driving up and down the parking lot aisles
we've eaten at Y & Y CS, but might need to try the sitdown, looks yummy!

looks like you had fun at your DIS meet!

wow to get EE done 6 times in 30 minutes is amazing...agree with Kathy don't think I could do it after all that food
Never tried the counter service. Haven't heard very many glowing reports about it, but we have enjoyed the sit down both times. We really had a good time, and it seemed like the time flew by.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
It's nice to have a day of not going and doing all day, good for you. With all that you're about to do and the heat....best to take it easy at first.

That heat and humidity led to quite a bit of "taking it easy".........

Mackenzie has informed me we need to have one day where we do nothing but sleep in, lounge around, swim at the pool and go to DTD to eat. All this and she's only 12! She's a smart cookie!

Wonder where she gets THAT from???

Yak and Yeti, still haven't eatin there. Not sure by the reviews if it's something I want to spend a dining credit on???
I know it's over a year away, but Mackie and I are already starting to plan out our dining.

It is a pretty good place to eat, at least at dinner, if you are essentially a Chinese food fan..... I've had better, but also MUCH worse!!!

I'm training her well , no?

Drinks from a blender, mmmm my favorite kind!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Thanks Lisa!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you also!

I was out and about today and saw quite a bit of green exposed everywhere!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I love how both me and Stitch are giving a thumbs up in that group picture. those clouds look very ominous. I think I remember being at rafikis planet watch when those storm clouds rolled in that day. I wasn't that quiet at dinner..... it was a great dinner though and it was lovely to meet you and your family
Can't believe you didn't smack me and remind me to give a thumbs up too!!! Guess sitting with such beautiful ladies had me flustered........

It was a great time for our initial meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Great update! That's so cool that you were able to meet up JenBear!
How many Diser's have ya'll both meet up with? It seems like a lot.
The desserts look really good, especially since I have not eaten anything today yet.
I can't believe the boys got in EE 6x!!!
Lots of thumbs up for this great post & pics!
What? After all this wait, no comment about the yellow shorts???

As a family we have met Glenn and his family, Jen and Stitch, and Judy and her whole family (blessedmom4). Andrew and I have met Tanya (mom3sonstt) and Poolrat Pat. Jonathan and I met Lisa and her daughter Megan (mommy2mrb), Michelle and her family (lovethattink), Crissy (smileycrissy), Magdalene (flossbolna) and Katharina (nodnol), Rosie and her co-workers Dan and Carol. I really hope I didn't leave anyone out!

Still have quite a few I am looking forward to meeting in the future!

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: