Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #76
ksloane
DIS Veteran

How exciting. And here I was thinking, "Will I keep the backpack or give it to my dd?" And then remembered duh! We are doing b2b so we can both have one.....
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #77
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Thank you for posting this

I am so excited to see new gifts

Persoanlly, I am sick of the old red bags (I think we have 6 of them lying around), the water bottles get used because I have teens, but they DO sweat on everything and I wish my kids would let me pitch them and get something insulated and you can count our family in among those who cannot stomach the stale rice krispie treat flip flops

The back pack looks cute--and could be very useful for carrying odds and ends on shore excursions (much better than an over the should bag if you book a bike tour, hike, or other active excursion). I like pretzels and the Chip and Dale things look cute So I am VERY happy about the change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed1 View Post
My thoughts exactly!! I love Rice Krispie treats, but I have thrown away the ones from the last 2 or 3 cruises. They looked like they had been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for 3 or 4 years!!
Yes, exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamieH View Post
Thanks very much for sharing. This is great news. I was hoping they would have new gifts soon. IMO - they should introduce new gifts every year due to the high number of cruisers that cruise each year. We have two of the red/black round bags and no one ever ate the rice krispy treats. The current water bottles were ok, but that style sweats a lot. Our favorites are the older ones that were blue with the flip up top. Great size and nice grip with the blue liner. The backpack will be a nice change. This is something the family will use throughout the year.

We don't cruise for the gift, so whatever they provide is a nice treat and appreciated. This will be our 5th cruise, so we will be Gold next time.
I agree, and judging from the high numbers of Gold and Platinum lanyards on my last few cruises, a decent percentage of return guests DO cruise that often I really think it should change yearly, or else they need a system where the second cruise gets gift A, third gift B and so on. Yes, I know it is just a bonus and I am happy to get anything, but I would be happier to get some things than others lol and other lines manage to do this type of thing for their loyal customers, so it IS possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonfamily View Post
If your kids have been on a cruise before everyone should get the same gift! The gifts are not one per room but one per person as long as they have taken at least one Disney cruise.
As pointed out, this is incorrect. I did notice that the poster you were responding to has 3 kids and 2 adults in their family. if they happened to book two connecting rooms instead of one of the larger rooms then they will receive two gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmom0104 View Post
Ok since I'm doing a b2b will I get one on each cruise? I have 3 kids so no chance of splitting them up between them....just wondering
Yep. We book a kid's cabin and an adult cabin each cruise and have b2b this fall--which means all four of us will end up with the gifts (except we will only be Platinum on the second of those cruises, so we will get two of whatever extra that is )

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/

Last edited by NHdisneylover; 02-13-2012 at 04:08 AM.
NHdisneylover is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #78
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

Hope they are on the Wonder on 2/26
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #79
DLW8
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the new backpack and I must admit, I enjoy the Chip & Dale snacks as well. We always seemed to be getting those in WDW for a snack credit!

I am also not sad to see the water bottles go. My kids love to use them, but they just sweat all over the place!

I'm just excited that we get to cruise again, and any gift they want to leave for me is a welcome gift!

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #80
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
I think the backpacks will get a lot more use, and with the logo, that's actually freebie advertising for DCL.

For those who are looking for extras, just keep your ears open -- someone who sails often will have more than they need and might offer to give you the extra so they won't have to take up space in their luggage.

And as PP has mentioned, there's always ebay. Last year on the Panama Canal cruise they had limited edition pins that people were literally waiting in line for hours to get, and there were a bunch of disgruntled passengers when DCL didn't provide enough. Poor marketing strategy when DCL coulda shoulda done a pre-order, but.... Anyway, less than a month after the cruise, a complete set of the coveted pins appeared on ebay, for the onboard price.

I love homemade RK treats made with butter, but the commercially made stuff is usually loaded with shortening so it tastes totally bleh. IMHO.
I agree about rice krispie treats being made with butter, I rarely really like other places ones because they use shortening or margarine. Actually the recipe on the marshmellow bag or rice krispy box actually calls for margarine and I know alot of people who then use it because it what it says to use even if they use butter for other stuff.

Anyone who has not tried them with butter really needs too, so much better.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #81
kimpossible
DIS Veteran

DH and I love the Chip and Dale snacks, but my one DS (6) has food allergies and cannot eat them. I couldn't tell what the one snack was, but I am hoping it's not the trail mix with nuts. We could have a problem if it is set out on our bed or even in the bag where any of his things would go. Can anyone confirm what the other snack is ( not the pretzels)?

Edited:

Never mind. I think they are the Mickey shaped "goldfish style" crackers. Whew! Still can't eat them, but at least there are no nuts actually in them.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #82
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Just got off the Wonder a few weeks ago so I am excited to hear on our Fantasy cruise we will be getting a new bag. I appreciate what ever they give but I have r different style red ones and I would love a backpack.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #83
designertravels
Mouseketeer

New Gifts!

Yea!, I'm just happy for any change. We have too many of the "beach" bags and the water bottles had a metallic taste. My kids love key chains, so good to see a new design. My favorite gift was in 2006, a zipped tote bag.

After reading all the comments, just an idea, I will suggest on my next meet thread. Why not bring your unwanted gifts to your dis meet and trade or give the unwanted items. Seems like many people have different likes and dislikes. Something fun for the kids to do while socializing.

Thanks for posting the pics! Jill
designertravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #84
simbasmom2
Just waitin around till boarding time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpossible View Post
DH and I love the Chip and Dale snacks, but my one DS (6) has food allergies and cannot eat them. I couldn't tell what the one snack was, but I am hoping it's not the trail mix with nuts. We could have a problem if it is set out on our bed or even in the bag where any of his things would go. Can anyone confirm what the other snack is ( not the pretzels)?

Edited:

Never mind. I think they are the Mickey shaped "goldfish style" crackers. Whew! Still can't eat them, but at least there are no nuts actually in them.
I am the OP. My sister is the one that posted the picture and her children have nut allergies. She said they are goldfish like snacks, she would have mentioned it to me if they had nuts inside. I don't think DCL would chose a snack with nuts... I am sure they are aware of how many people have nut allergies and how harmful it can be.

Yay for the new treats...just 67 more days for me!!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #85
mississaugamom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznLexi View Post
Are the new bags fleet wide now? Sailing on the Wonder in 2 weeks. Was not going to pack my red bag since I would get a new one. Love the chip and dale stuff.
Just off the Wonder ~ they still had the red beach bags and rice krispie sandals as Castaway Club gifts. Just so you're not disappointed ...

Arlene
mississaugamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #86
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

So glad they are getting rid of the cups. I am very appreciative of the gifts but they taste like metal. I so hope they are on my Wonder cruise in 2 weeks!
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #87
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississaugamom View Post
Just off the Wonder ~ they still had the red beach bags and rice krispie sandals as Castaway Club gifts. Just so you're not disappointed ...

Arlene
The OP stated the new gift was received when her sister boarded the Dream yesterday (Sunday 2/12). Others that sailed last week on the Dream reported getting the same gift as you since you sailed the same week.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #88
OrlandoMagic
DIS Veteran

We will be silver CC members on our next trip, do we get any gifts or are they just for Gold/Platinum members?

Jul 2000 - Villa, Kissimmee ~ May 2008 - Best Western, I Drive ~ Sept 2009 - Saratoga Springs & Portofino Bay Hotel ~ Sept 2011 - Saratoga Springs & Dream Cruise ~Nov 2012 Legacy Vacation Resorts, LBV & Fantasy Cruise ~ Sept 2013, Calabay Parc Villa

OrlandoMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #89
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoMagic View Post
We will be silver CC members on our next trip, do we get any gifts or are they just for Gold/Platinum members?
Yes, anyone who has been a Disney cruise before receives the gift! Enjoy!!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #90
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

On the 2/4 sailing of the Magic it was still the draw string bags. I have always loved and been appreciative of the gift but excited when a new one comes out. It will most likely be this new one next year when next we sail, on the Fantasy.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: