Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #31
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

So glad I found your trip report, it is great! Love the pictures. Oh, and I love your wedding pictures in your signature too.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #32
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

:hi: I just found your trip report. Hopefully their is still a few days left since your dad just got to Disney.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #33
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Oh I love readers. There are 4 days to go. I will work on it tomorrow. . Thank you for the kind wedding picture words. My favorite day in the whole world!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Old 06-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #34
Goldeelox9

Day Six - January 25, 2012

Today was a rest day for Pete and I. My family was heading to Animal Kingdom and since I am not a huge fan really wanted to have a relaxing day at the resort. Pete and I slept in and then headed over to Beaches and Cream at 11:30am.

We had put our swim suits on and wanted some lunch before we went swimming.

We were the first people there today! The place was empty when we walked in.

We sat at the counter. It's my favorite place to sit. I love feeling like I have been transported back into the 50's sitting at the Soda fountian.

We decided to share a burger to save room for desert! HAHA! We know what's important here.

Our burger was super good, but the No Way Jose was the best! I only had a bit since Ice Cream and I do not agree, but YUM!

After We ate we headed back to the Scary Clown pool at the Boardwalk.

In the meantime my sister and Family were enjoying Animal Kingdom!

My dad only wears shorts at Disney! Look at those BRIGHT white legs!

I really am not sure what they did all day...I can guess by the pictures though. Here you go....

Looks like lunch time.

Pete and I hung out at the pool. It was so great. The water was cool and the day was really hot!

Right when we were ready to get out my sister and crew showed up. Animal Kingdom was sooo hot they called it a day early!

My Dad loved the slide!

They had great pool games going on at the pool. The kids were having so much fun!

Austin loved the kids pool.

We all headed back to the room to shower and get ready for our Princess Dinner with Cinderella.

We decided to take a cab since we were running late!

We were right on time for our Dinner. Caitie and Jasmin came with us and Steve and Michele were having a "date night".

There was a surprise for after Dinner....
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Old 06-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #35
Goldeelox9

Day Six - January 25, 2012 - Part 2

We were heading to 1900 Park Fare for a great dinner. Alyssa was all ready to meet some Characters!

We had the first seating and we got to sit down right at 4:30pm.

We gave our drink orders and headed to the buffet. Before we could even start eating look who showed up.

Followed right by Cinderella!

My Dad loves the pretty girls! He wanted a picture too!

It is so funny. Every year my Dad says "Disney Again!!" Acts like he doesn't want to go with us then changes his mind and has a fabulous time!!!

Jasmin and the Evil Step Mother. Thankfully she has an amazing Step Mother!

I love Austin's little face!

So glad my Dad dressed up for the Royal Dinner! HA!

Alyssa was so excited when Price Charming asked her to dance!

Just like every night this week Alyssa's dinner ended with a BIrthday Cupcake. This girl believes that her Birthday equals a Disney Trip. I thank god she was born at the end of January instead of the end of July so I can do my best to make this a possibility for her!

After dinner we had out surprise. We went to the Lobby to hang out. My sister and Brandon walked into some stores looking for shoes since Austin lost his. I took some pictures waiting for my friend Amy!

Look at these handsome boys!

Astin found his own princess in the lobby. He was asking her for a dance!

Look at these pretty girls!

Wasn't I lucky to spend my evening with such lovely Princesses?

So Amy was here! YAY! We made our way out to see if we could see the Castle.

We like it best in Pink!

Alyssa was excited to see Amy too! Instant Friends!

I was so lucky Amy made it. She had just flown one from a very busy business trip. Since she moved to Florida I miss her so much and like to spend as much time as I can with her.

So The Surprise........

Old 06-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #36
Goldeelox9

Day Six - January 25, 2012 - Part 3

Disney's Wishes Fireworks Cruise

That was our surprise. Pete and I thought it would be such a fun surprise for Alyssa's birthday Disney Trip!!!

MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES CRUISE (PREMIUM) 
25' Tracker Pontoon 

Price: $346.13, tax included for up to 10 guests. Price includes pontoon boat, driver, water, soda, bagged snacks and and audio feed of the fireworks music. The sound from the fireworks show is provided on the boat adding to a Magical Experience.

We loaded up on the boat and everyone was ready for some fireworks.

We got into a great position. The Magic Kingdom looks amazing from the water!

Pictures with the Birthday Girl!

Then Wishes started....

It was a great fireworks cruise. Not the best, in the past I have had the boat driver take us on a longer tour and also found a spot for us to watch the Electrical Water Parade. But he was ok and it was fun!

Amy offered to take a group picture for us!

Then we were walking back to the Grand Floridan and Alyssa only wanted to walk with Amy! HAHA!

We stopped for a quick bathroom break and then said our goodbyes!

She is such a clown!

We made out way back to the Boardwalk. Where we met with up with Michele and Steve. They enjoyed a great date night at the Cape May Cafe and finished with the fireworks at Epcot!

We hung out on the Boardwalk for awhile. I took some pictures of the girls!

Then we said good night, and good bye! We are heading to the Magic Kingdom tomorrow and they are spending another day at Epcot before heading home!

We LOVE the Boardwalk!!

Old 06-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #37
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Joining In

I am enjoying your trip report! I love the TieDye shirts and your father looks so genuinely happy with everyone, especially the kids. It is great you got to spend so much time with lots of people that you know on your trip.

We were there at the same time as you, and it looks like we were at Epcot on Monday at the same time, at Hollywood Studios (including H&V at lunch on the same day) and we also were at Magic Kingdom on Thursday, January 26. I wonder if our paths ever crossed? I checked my trip report pictures and haven't seen any of you or your family and friends, but I'll be going back to look at the ones I didn't choose for my report.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR

Old 06-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #38
Celizd
Earning My Ears

Beautiful pictures!!!! looked like so much fun. I must ask, what type of camera were you using? those pics were so sharp!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #39
Goldeelox9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
I am enjoying your trip report! I love the TieDye shirts and your father looks so genuinely happy with everyone, especially the kids. It is great you got to spend so much time with lots of people that you know on your trip.

We were there at the same time as you, and it looks like we were at Epcot on Monday at the same time, at Hollywood Studios (including H&V at lunch on the same day) and we also were at Magic Kingdom on Thursday, January 26. I wonder if our paths ever crossed? I checked my trip report pictures and haven't seen any of you or your family and friends, but I'll be going back to look at the ones I didn't choose for my report.
Oh I will have to go look at your trip report too. LOL I love seeing how other people spend their Disney Days!

Disney is truly my Happy Place and I love when my friends and family join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celizd View Post
Beautiful pictures!!!! looked like so much fun. I must ask, what type of camera were you using? those pics were so sharp!
Thank you! I have a Nikon D7000 DSLR. I love it!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #40
Goldeelox9

Day Seven - January 25, 2012 - Thursday

Magic Kingdom Day...Again! Have I ever mentioned I love the Magic Kingdom....I LOVE MAGIC KINGDOM!

We woke up and got ready this morning. I wanted to be there at rope drop for EMH. We got close...

Once we got inside Alyssa was drawn to Daisy Duck and all of our EMH time savings were eaten up! Oh Well it's her Birthday Trip!

Pete and I went and played a quick game of checkers while we waited.

Pete won, just like he always does. After our game we watched the Welcome show on Main Street.

I don't understand why Disney can not take this god awful crane down during the day!!

After everyone pacified me with Caste pictures we headed to Adventureland for rope drop.

Austin was good sport. Look at his silly smile. This is what I got when I asked to see his teeth!

We got right in line to meet Tink. We were about 15 people back. Not too bad! This older couple asked if they could Join our Family and come in with us to see the kids see Tink. They didn't even have any pictures taken.

Alyssa had some big hugs for Terrance! She wrapped her arms around him.

I truly love the details in here!

Austin was not too sure about Tink.

He kept his arms behind his back!

He finally warmed up enough, but wasn't too too sure.

I was excited to meet Tinkerbell for the first time.

After that we went to ride Aladdin and look who rode right in front of us!!

Alyssa wasn't upset they didn't ride with her. Thank goodness!!! I was worried.

We checked the stand by line for the Jungle Cruise and it was only 10 minutes. 20 Minutes later we were on!

Austin was getting so tired.

Oh look the backside of water!

Alyssa took the boats for a spin once we were done!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #41
Goldeelox9

Day Seven - January 25, 2012 - Part 2

Since we were so close we went to ride Pirates of the Carinbbean. One of my favorites. Alyssa was a big nervous, but excited all at the same time.

The line was about 20 minutes. It was pretty crowded today at the Magic Kingdom. Not horrible, but the parade surely brought in the people. Well that and EMH. Usually we don't stay at the park with EMH, but we didn't all have park hoppers.

Of course we had a little dress up fun after the ride.

Everyone didn't make it. Sleepy little guy!

Since Austin fell asleep Pete and I offered to sit with him while he napped so Alyssa could ride Splash mountain with "Popeye" AKA my Dad!

I of course set up to get some pictures of them coming down the big drop!

She loved it. She was very worried about Splash Mountain. She was excited about Tower of Terror and worried about Splash Mountain. Not because of the drop, but because of the fox. "She don't like foxes, them eats bunnies". HAHA!

But all in all she loved it!

Austin was so good about sleeping anywhere on this trip!

After the ride we had to high tail it to the Castle. We has an appointment to make!

But on the way my Dad joined a Marching band. HAHA!

Then we got held up by the parade.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #42
JolllyHoliday
Mouseketeer

Your dad looks like a hoot!!! How nice that your whole family gets to enjoy Disney together. Did you make all the tie dye Mickey shirts? So cool!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #43
Goldeelox9

Day Seven - January 25, 2012 - Part 3 - Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

We were about 10 minutes late as our last trip down Splash Mountain took longer then we planned. We checked in and they welcomed us. It was so pretty inside. It looked much different than it did the last time I was there when I had my wedding pictures taken in the Magic Kingdom.

We waited on the bench for about 5 minutes before Princess Alyssa was shown to the royal dressing room. They never batted an eye when we told them we had brought our own dress. Alyssa did not receive any different treatment at all and was allowed to change in the same place as the Princesses who were paying an upwards of $65 per dress at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

This was a birthday gift from Pete and I! I think it is one she will love forever!

The Make over was great! She enjoyed every single second.

The Fairy Godmother gave her a sprinkle of pixie dust and turned her around. She was very happy! She was even given a Birthday Sash and a new Birthday pin!

Then it was all over and time for the Princess’s Aunt (me & Uncle) to foot the bill. It cost $54.95 plus tax. It was well worth it! Even my sister who did not think it would be when Alyssa first expressed interest was now a believer.

Now when you get the big package that costs $189.95 to $249.95 it includes photographs. A little known fact though, you can go over to Castle Couture when you are done with your princess makeover and have the same photo shoot done for free. They will add the pictures to your Photopass card instead of allowing you to order prints!

I am pretty sure this will now be a permanent addition to our future visits to the Magic Kingdom. I cannot wait for my nephew to get old enough to give the Pirates League a try!

Old 07-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #44
ericamcl
DIS Veteran

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm here!

Alyssa is adorable - I just love seeing pics of her!

Where did you get your Minnie shirt? The one with the Minnie head in the Zebra print? I think I need one for our December trip....

I think I'm inspired to start my own PTR and TR for our December trip from reading yours!!
May 1994 DH w/ family - Contemporary August 1994 Me w/ family - Off site June 2005 Me w/ family-Wilderness Lodge March 2008 w/ DH- POFQOctober 2008 w/ DH & my family - POR February 2010 w/ DH and Nieces-BLT September 2011 w/ DH- BLT MK VIEW! December 2012 - SSR/VWL split stay w/ DHSeptember 2013 BLT-Theme Park View w/ DH & my family
Old 07-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #45
Goldeelox9

Day Seven - January 25, 2012 - Part 4

We had a great photo shoot so we thought we would test out luck with the Sword in the Stone.

It didn't move at all! But Alyssa must have loosened it because next went Brandon and look what happened!

Austin and my Dad were on the Carousel while we were pulling the Sword out of the Stone.

It was such a lovely day!

Pete was sitting here waiting and this lady sat down next to him. There was not really a spot there she was sitting on the very edge. HAHA!

We were all starving by this time so we went to Columbia Harbor house. It was just ok. Nothing great!

The kids were getting tired and so was I. It was pretty hot out. What better place to cool off....It's a Small World!

While walking we spotted the Beast Castle. I can not wait!!!

We needed a rest. Alyssa needed a nap! So we got a great seat near Cosmic Ray's and just rested with cool drinks. It didn't take long for the kids to fall asleep.

We sat for over an hour and let Alyssa nap. This was the best stroller! After her nap Pete and I took Austin towards the Castle while everyone else went to ride Buzz!

Isn't this a pretty girl???

We got to the Castle and checked in. We were ready for Dinner with some princesses!

Ariel is Popeye's favorite!

Tonight, not only did Alyssa get a great desert, but she got a card too!

What a great night! The kids were beat. So my sister and crew headed back to the hotel. Pete and I went to the Castle to see the night time shows and fireworks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: