Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
mggeary
Mouseketeer

Rider Swap Pass question

Will these also have enforced return times beginning in March?
mggeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
claryche
DIS Veteran

It's been awhile since I did a rider swap. But the last time I did it, there was no time printed on the rider swap ticket.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
mggeary
Mouseketeer

Touring plan strategy

If true, would this not be a way to still collect FPs that can be used in the afternoon and evening when new FP enforcement rules start.
mggeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
claryche
DIS Veteran

I don't think so. Because of how a rider swap works.

First you show the cm a kid that is too short to ride the ride. If you don't have one, then no rider swap. Then you are given one rider swap ticket. Yes, that ticket is good for I think up to 3 or 4 people, can't remember. But assuming that you really are wanting to do a rider swap and you aren't just scamming the system. Then the first riders, the ones without the rider swap ticket, have to get in line. If they don't have a FP then they have to do stand by. Only the group with the rider swap ticket gets to use the FP line.

I think the cm might find it odd if you show up asking for a rider swap ticket and then no one rides the ride right then. But yes, I guess there is always a way. Yes, a mom and dad with a little one and a grandmother not wanting to ride. Could show the little one get a rider swap ticket, for every ride that they can. And then when they come back at night grandma can stay with the kiddo while mom and dad ride. But again that's not a rider swap and it would be against the rules. Just my opinion.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mggeary View Post
Will these also have enforced return times beginning in March?
The rider swap tickets have never had an specific return time, it has just stated that the date, that it is only valid on that date and good for up to three people. Like a PP said, you have to show the little one that can't ride, get a RS ticket and the people riding immediately either get in the standby line or the FP line (if they have FPs). I suppose you could collect them throughout the day to be used later but unless you have another adult to watch the little one you are still stuck with an adult sitting out and watching the little one.

We've been using them for almost ten years and have never just collected them for night use. We have usually used them on rides that we have a FP for, one parent would ride and depending on the mood of the little one the second parent would either immediately ride after the first one got off the ride or we'd come back to it usually within an hour or so.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: