Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
CoolCanadian
Earning My Ears

Cove Cafe Food Pics

Hi there,
As promised, I've begun posting photos from my week on the Disney Magic on my blog. Today I show all the wonderful and delicious items you can find in the display case at the Quiet Cove Cafe located in the adults-only section of the pool deck. Here's the link:
http://vimwac.blogspot.com/2012/02/d...fe-treats.html
As always, please do not hesitate to ask questions.
Vimwac

Posted on behalf of Vimwac who can't post links yet
CoolCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for the pics! I knew the treats were free, but I had no idea how extensive the selection was. I was kind of wishing our room was aft to be closer to food options, but now I know we're just a quick trip up to this wonderful option! Thanks so much!

I do have one question. You mention it is serve yourself. Do they have plates, napkins, silverware, etc. readily available? Also, do you recall what time they opened in the mornings?

Thanks!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report
Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

I actually didn't realize everything in there was free. But I only went in to Cove Cafe once to do a Cognac tasking so I didn't know what I was missing. Next cruise I plan on spending more time in the pool/spa so I will take advantage of Cove Cafe . Thanks for the review.
sissy_ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
chudson98
Mouseketeer

Yum. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait. Only 16 days until I leave.
chudson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Thank you thank you! I was looking for this last year and surprisingly couldn't find a single thread with pics of Cove Cafe food.

Would you mind doing a short review of the ship itself? Are you doing a trip report? Thanks!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
LoveMickey
Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of the Disney Wonder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Thank you thank you! I was looking for this last year and surprisingly couldn't find a single thread with pics of Cove Cafe food.

Would you mind doing a short review of the ship itself? Are you doing a trip report? Thanks!
I did not realize the food was free.

On the Alaska cruise, I would walk the decks in the am - I'm an early riser even with the time differences. I would walk a few laps on deck 4, then go up to the upper decks, stop by the work out room and get a banana (the buffet was not yet open) then stop by Cove Cafe for a special coffee (you do have to pay for the coffee)

Don't forget to get your punch card. Buy 5 specialty coffees and get a free on. You can use this on your next cruise also. I guess I did not know about it until the end of the cruise, since I only have 2 punches (actually they are stamped) on my card. Plan on bringing it on the Fantasy.

Next time I'll be able to bring some food back to our cabin for DH.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
clarefb
Mouseketeer

OMG thank you - they look amazing - I can't believe I have missed these on past cruises!

clarefb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
ansmom
Earning My Ears

Wow those are included?! They look amazing!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickey View Post
I did not realize the food was free.

On the Alaska cruise, I would walk the decks in the am - I'm an early riser even with the time differences. I would walk a few laps on deck 4, then go up to the upper decks, stop by the work out room and get a banana (the buffet was not yet open) then stop by Cove Cafe for a special coffee (you do have to pay for the coffee)

Don't forget to get your punch card. Buy 5 specialty coffees and get a free on. You can use this on your next cruise also. I guess I did not know about it until the end of the cruise, since I only have 2 punches (actually they are stamped) on my card. Plan on bringing it on the Fantasy.

Next time I'll be able to bring some food back to our cabin for DH.
Are the coffees really good? I don't drink coffee regularly but like a specialty drink once in a great while.
sissy_ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning

Oh wow! Totally missed that!!! Will make sure I check this out on our 12 nighter!!!

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
DisneyDork712
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for the pics!!

I think I could make a meal on the crackers and cheese alone!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
VIMWAC
Earning My Ears

Hello marciemouse,
Yes they do have plates and napkins and I recall them having forks as well. I can't answer what time they open but the hours for the Cafe will appear on your navigator when you are on the cruise. I'm pretty sure it was fairly early because they serve coffee. : )
Vimwac
VIMWAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
VIMWAC
Earning My Ears

Hello sissy_ib,
I've never tried it, but my mom tells me that the coffee there is well worth the money.
VIMWAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Great photos! Thank you for sharing!

What type of camera do you use?
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #15
LoveMickey
Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of the Disney Wonder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
Are the coffees really good? I don't drink coffee regularly but like a specialty drink once in a great while.
I'm not a coffee expert at all. But I do like to try different speciality coffees. I liked some and not others - but it was my tastes. You can put different alcohols in them too.

DH, on the other hand, doesn't do those types of coffees, so I get him a hot chocolate from the self service coffee station. Hope they have one of those on the Fantasy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: