Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
disneygirl2785
DIS Bride turned DIS Mommy!

Amanda & Caleb's 2012 WP/Whitehall Room Wishes Wedding~UPDATED!E-Story,Ring,BM dress

Hey y'all! I am so excited to be starting my PJ EXACTLY 10 months from my Disney Fairy Tale Wedding!!!! I have been lurking on the boards for a couple months now, having gotten totallyyyyyyy enthralled with several PJ/TR, and so have been inspired to start our own!

I have been talking to DFTW (My consultant is Kristi and I LOVE her!) since before I actually had the ring on my finger, trying to figure out how it all worked and if it was something that we, realistically, could do! Now that I know what my parents are contributing financially and what DF and I can contribute, we are definitely having a DFTW and we are SOOOO excited!

Up Next: Who we are, What we do, When we met, Where and How we got engaged!
Sept 2012 DFTW Planning Session-AKL
DFTW December 9, 2012 WP/GF Whitehall Room-BLT
Camryn's First trip to Disney! Jan 2015-AKL-KV/VWL

Last edited by disneygirl2785; 05-24-2012 at 10:40 PM.
disneygirl2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

Welcome Its always exciting 2 hear new brides tell there story
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Talking

Hey!! We are getting married the day before you at Disney. We are doing the WP and then Whitehall at Grand Floridian then a dessert party at Epcot. I'll have to follow you PJ!!! Are you guys honeymooning at Disney too?
Michelle

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
disneygirl2785

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
Hey!! We are getting married the day before you at Disney. We are doing the WP and then Whitehall at Grand Floridian then a dessert party at Epcot. I'll have to follow you PJ!!! Are you guys honeymooning at Disney too?
Michelle
Yes, we plan to get to Disney on Friday, along with most of our wedding party and guests, hopefully a rehearsal and fun on Saturday, Wedding and fun on Sunday, most of our guests will leave Monday, and we'll have until Thursday or Friday until we go to Indiana for my hometown reception, then back to our home in Texas! BUSY wedding week, I know! But we're DVC members, so there is LOTS of Disney in our future! I can't wait to follow your PJ, too!

Old 02-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Welcome and congrats!! I had Kristi too!

more details please!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Yay! A new PJ! Welcome!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Hooray for someone else from Texas believe it or not there are not many of us. Where in Texas are you from? So glad to have you hear and excited to read about your plans. My original date was in December of this year but we moved it up to July instead. I think you will really enjoy a December wedding we were there over christmas and I am working on our trip report so you will get to see lots of cool chrismtasy pictures on my PJ. Welcome we are so glad to have you.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Welcome!!

Can't wait to hear your plans!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #9
disneygirl2785

Alright ladies! Geeze! I have been wanting to update y'all for days, but just haven't been able to make it happen! I emailed my Room Block in today! WHEW! It has definitely been a work in progress, but we are finally comfortable with our number and it feels great to have that accomplished! Our wedding keeps tending to snowball. Ideally, for financial reasons, we would loved to have gotten away with an Escape, but we have more immediate family than 18, so that really was never an option. So then if we were going to go for Wishes, we wanted to invite all the important people in our lives! So then when my parents decided what they were going to be able to contribute, it was a DONE DEAL, We are getting MARRIED at DISNEY!!!! And since then we have gotten such a positive response from our family and friends! If money were no option, I think we would give the largest (as in largest guest list) Disney Wedding a run for their money!

...and my DF just walked in the door with bright colored daises, chocolate covered strawberries, and a MICKEY Valentine's Day Card! Does he know his bride or whaaaaaat????? *sigh*...I Love Him!

...OK, back to wedding planning!

Here are our plans so far. December 9, 2012 10am WP ceremony with brunch buffet reception at the GF Whitehall Room! This is perfect for us! It is classic and laid back! We are not having a DJ, or a big dance, we will have first dances to music, hopefully from my laptop. We are saving the big party receptions for our two at home receptions, one in Indiana the weekend after Disney and one in Texas the end of December/first of January!

My mom, dad and I are DVC members, so Caleb and I will be staying in our home resort of Bay Lake Tower, MK view of course! Caleb and his boys will have a lake view 1BR for friday and saturday night before the wedding. And my girls and I will stay in the 1BR MK view friday and saturday before Caleb and I take it over on our wedding night and our wedding party is on their own!!! On Thursday night we will be moving to the Polynesian for our comp night!

My family will be split between staying in the Fort Wilderness Campground and part will be staying in All-Star Music. Caleb's family will be staying in Port Orleans-Riverside. Our friends will be split between the two hotels. We really only have one family friend that we think would even consider our Deluxe Resort of Wilderness Lodge, but we did put down two nights there anyway. I really wish our WHOLE family could stay there together, we're just a really rustic, country couple and I think everyone would enjoy it, but alas money doesn't grow on trees!

I think thats all for tonight. I promise to get to our couple story soon! But since I turned in our room block today, I thought I should update on that first! It's now Valentine's Day Eve and I'm ready to snuggle with my honey!

Old 02-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
disneygirl2785

Ok y'all, Here is our back ground info!

I, Amanda, the bride, am an only child and grew up in Indiana. Growing up I was very active in youth church activities, 4-H, FFA, and various school activities. She graduated in 2004 and went off to Purdue University to pursue my dream of being a veterinarian. However, as we all know, some dreams change and during the summer of 2007 I interned for JB Quarter Horses in Refugio, Texas. During my time there, I realized the opportunities there were in the equine management and breeding industry in Texas. After graduation from Purdue in May of 2008, I moved to Texas permanently. In December 2010, I took a job in Tioga, Texas with Tim McQuay as the breeding assistant and in July 2011 moved across the street (literally!) to be the breeding manager for Dell Hendricks. I feel very blessed to LOVE my job and the people I work for. I also enjoy being very involved at Midway Baptist Church mentoring the high schoolers and fellowshipping with the Young Adult group. I also own an American Quarter Horse mare that is bred for racing. I enjoy raising the babies, sale prepping them as yearlings (and although sad to see them go, getting the check that comes with selling them!), and then watching them race!

Caleb is the oldest of 4 children and grew up in Pilot Point, Texas. Growing up Caleb enjoyed being raised around horses and going on transportation trips with his grandfather, uncle, and any of the company drivers that would take him along! Caleb's family owns their own horse transportation business called Equine Express, North America, Inc. Since an early age he enjoyed working for his family's company and went to work for the company full time in 2009. Caleb works mostly in the office managing the Texas regional trips, but is also considered farm manager, and does maintenance and drives the gooseneck rigs when needed. Caleb enjoys team roping, bass fishing, deer hunting, and being involved at Midway Baptist Church mentoring the third grade boys and fellowshipping with the Young Adult group.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound great so far!

We are DVC owners too except we don't own at BLT-- I wish we did! Is it sold out yet? We own at Aulani and Grand Cali-- hoping to buy at Grand Floridian when it comes time to sell!!

I hope you had an awesome Valentine's day!

I love that you work with horses! I love them so much. I really want an Appaloosa!

You two sound so sweet! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #12
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Everything sounds great!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
DisneyBamaBride
Mouseketeer

Congratulations and Welcome

I'm getting married at the WP and WH room too!!

I'm looking forward to seeing your wedding plans

Old 02-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say hi and join in! I can't wait to hear about all of your plans!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say hi & follow along. Very excited for you & I'm looking forward to following along!
enchantedream88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: