Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
karyn09
Earning My Ears

Boarding on Ship for Bride/Groom

My fiancee and I will be getting married on the April 19th-22nd Disney Dream cruise in Castaway Cay. I'm excited, it's just a little over 2 months away! We've been planning this since we got engaged back in Sept 2010!

I have a question for anyone that knows - and hopefully someone does!

I was told by Shanda (Disney wedding coordinator) that we need to be on the boat by 12pm - we're coming via Disney Bus from Animal Kingdom Lodge. How do they know we need to be on the bus by 12pm? Last time we took ground transportation to the terminal (back in 2005) I remember being picked up at our resort around lunchtime and not getting to the boat until like 2pm!

I would REALLY hate to cancel ground transportation for that one trip & get a rental to be sure we'd get on the bus by 12pm.

Any help would be great! THANKS!!
karyn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by karyn09 View Post
My fiancee and I will be getting married on the April 19th-22nd Disney Dream cruise in Castaway Cay. I'm excited, it's just a little over 2 months away! We've been planning this since we got engaged back in Sept 2010!

I was told by Shanda (Disney wedding coordinator) that we need to be on the boat by 12pm - we're coming via Disney Bus from Animal Kingdom Lodge. How do they know we need to be on the bus by 12pm? Last time we took ground transportation to the terminal (back in 2005) I remember being picked up at our resort around lunchtime and not getting to the boat until like 2pm!

I would REALLY hate to cancel ground transportation for that one trip & get a rental to be sure we'd get on the bus by 12pm.

I do not think if you are coming from WDW that you will make it on the ship by 12:00....the buses do not leave from WDW until 11:30-12:30 depending on the resort.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
drischar
Mouseketeer

I don't know anything about the transfers and timing, but I was reading a recent TR by Goldeelox9 and she got married at CC a few years ago. And I think she is a TA.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1670779

Last edited by drischar; 02-09-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: grammar: don't know
drischar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If it were me, I'd be in contact with Shanda and tell her that you have DCL transfers booked, and see what she says.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[SNIP] I was told by Shanda (Disney wedding coordinator) that we need to be on the boat by 12pm - we're coming via Disney Bus from Animal Kingdom Lodge. How do they know we need to be on the bus by 12pm?
Can you just clarify what you were told.
You need to be on the Bus or need to be on the Boat/Ship by 12pm?

Ex Techie
extechie rbd/wdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

I would not use DCL transfers. Get a private car or get a one way rental Another option is to take ME to the airport very early and check in with DCL at MCO. Since you are getting married that day and they will have the officiant who will be getting off the ship, they probably wont give you any room time wise.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
karyn09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
If it were me, I'd be in contact with Shanda and tell her that you have DCL transfers booked, and see what she says.

I have emailed Shanda, and have found on multiple occasions that it takes her on average about 4-5 days to respond back to emails, so I was just hoping someone who has cruised recently or has gotten married on the cruise knew what to do. Thanks! Hopefully I hear from Shanda soon! =)
Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
karyn09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by extechie rbd/wdt View Post
Can you just clarify what you were told.
You need to be on the Bus or need to be on the Boat/Ship by 12pm?

Ex Techie
Yes, per the wedding planning guide, it states "Please plan to arrive to the terminal by 12pm".
Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, per the wedding planning guide, it states "Please plan to arrive to the terminal by 12pm".
Ah so being on the bus at 12pm is out of the question then!

Hopefully the wedding planning guide is incorrect, and Shanda will be able to clarify what time your need to get on the bus, and what time they require you to get to the terminal for the ceremony to take place before you set sail.

Hope you have a amazing wedding and the CC ceremony is beautiful for you both!

Ex Techie
extechie rbd/wdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #10
Deluzy
Taking on the Wonderful World of Disney - one park at a time!

Since the reason they want you on the ship by 12 is to perform the civil ceremony, I would recommend obtaining a town car service (less hassle than renting a car). It is your wedding - arrive in style!
Deluzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #11
karyn09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by extechie rbd/wdt View Post
Ah so being on the bus at 12pm is out of the question then!

Hopefully the wedding planning guide is incorrect, and Shanda will be able to clarify what time your need to get on the bus, and what time they require you to get to the terminal for the ceremony to take place before you set sail.

Hope you have a amazing wedding and the CC ceremony is beautiful for you both!

Ex Techie
Thank you so much! I'm hoping for great weather while we're on our cruise!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
karyn09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluzy View Post
Since the reason they want you on the ship by 12 is to perform the civil ceremony, I would recommend obtaining a town car service (less hassle than renting a car). It is your wedding - arrive in style!
This is probably a sign that I definitely should take a limo/town car to the terminal from WDW to be like all other brides who take a limo to the church - except mine will be going to Port Canaveral!!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

Hi there!! We just did our 10 Year Vow Renewal on the Disney Dream in June 2011.

Congratulations to you both!!

We had our meeting with our wedding coordinators at about 1:30 PM. I will go back and check what the letter said to confirm this.

We took the DCL bus from the WL and got to the port around 1ish.

We were given a boarding pass that would of got us on the ship around 2:30 or 3 pm.

I went up to a CM and showed her the letter which showed that we had our meeting on the ship with the wedding coordinators.

She then took us to the front of the line so that we could get to the meeting on time.

Happy Wedding Wishes to you both!!!

If you have any other questions please ask.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The bus will not get you to the terminal by 12. You will need to arrange another form of transportation--either a towncar or a rental car.

As above, the reason you need to be at the terminal is that the legal ceremony occurs in Port Canaveral before you board the ship. The ceremony at Castaway Cay is basically "for show." (no disrespect intended).

Bus pick up at the resorts ranges from 11:30 to 12:30 with terminal arrival about 1:30 (if traffic is good!)
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

I read the other posts. I see that they want you there by Noon for the civil ceremony.

I agree with what the others have posted. You need to go by private transportation as the DCL transportation will be get you there later than You need to be. If the civil ceremony is at Noon you will need to get to the port much sooner to check in etc.

Tags
cruise, disney, transportation, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: