Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

GKTW Meet: Leap Day - Pirates of the Caribbean 10:30pm

Hi gang!

I'm so excited to be heading to the World in just under a week for a very quick trip for WDW's Leap Day event! It so fun to see how many DISers will be in the parks for the event and I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones! That's when it struck me, let's get together and use it as an excuse to raise some money for Give Kids the World!

Let's meet up at 10:30pm to ride Pirates of the Caribbean!

Your gift for donating is a fashionable accessory to help you light up the night! It's a Win-Win!

Here is the event link through first giving so we can raise money before the 29th. http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...undraisingpage
I will also gladly accept donations the day of.

Who's with me?

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.

Last edited by *NikkiBell*; 04-21-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: adding links
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Great idea! I wish I could join you!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
Mrs D

Talking Attendee List

MrsD
fly4free2
syntigger
jeanigor

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.

Last edited by Mrs D; 02-23-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
syntigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs D View Post
MrsD
fly4free2
i will where is the link?

syntigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

What a great idea...wish I could be there.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
Mrs D

Here's the link http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...undraisingpage.
I also added it above!

Shall I add you to the list to meet? You can help me work out the details since I just came up with this idea yesterday!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Mrs D

Come one, come all. Come meet me Pirates of the Caribbean at 10:30pm!

All it takes is a small donation to light up the night with us!

Last edited by Mrs D; 02-25-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

I'll be there.

Do you have a preferred spot to watch from?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
Mrs D

Last edited by Mrs D; 02-25-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #10
Mrs D

We could always hop over to Haunted Mansion for a midnight ride after the parade! Or Pirates! Or Buzz! Or Space Mt. Or all of the above!!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #11
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

I usually catch if from near the Diamond Horseshoe. In November, my DIS daughter and I were the only people there for 30 feet on either side. Until everyone saw us having fun and dancing and laughing. Then they all came over and joined in our merriment. I of course got the "I can't believe you are embarrassing me" glare from her pre-teen eyes.

I'm wondering if they are doing ADR's for the Plaza. I saw on another thread that it will be open until 3am.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #12
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Also: (from a reputable blog source)
While it’s technically 24 hours of operations, there will be several planned closures through the night and some attractions will simply close well before the 24-hour mark.

Getting There and Getting Around:
Express Monorail – 5 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.
Resort Monorail – 5 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Resort Buses – Should operate from 5 a.m. until the park is cleared of guests
Epcot Monorail – 8 a.m to 10 p.m. (Don’t expect to park at Epcot and commute late night!)

Attractions with Special Hours:
Walt Disney World Railroad – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Space Mountain – 6 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Splash Mountain – 6 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Haunted Mansion – 6 a.m. to 5 a.m.
Pirates of the Caribbean – 6 a.m. to 5 a.m.
It’s a Small World – 6 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Tom Sawyer Island – 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Country Bear Jamboree – 10 a.m. to 6 a.m.
Liberty Square Riverboat – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Attractions with Scheduled Overnight Closures:
Mad Tea Party – CLOSED 12 a.m. to 3 a.m.
Snow White’s Scary Adventures – CLOSED 1 a.m. to 2:30 a.m.
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin – CLOSED 1:30 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Peter Pan’s Flight – CLOSED 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.

Dining
Dinner
Cosmic Ray’s – 10 a.m. to 6 a.m.
Pinocchio Village Haus – 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Pecos Bill – 10:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Tortuga Tavern – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Columbia Harbour House – 11 a.m. to 10 p.m
Casey’s Corner – 11 a.m. to 6 a.m.
The Plaza Restaurant – 11 a.m. to 3 a.m.

March 1st Breakfast Locations (3 a.m to 6 a.m.):
The Lunching Pad
Main Street Bakery
Sleep Hollow
Westward Ho
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
Mrs D

Thanks for the info! I need to read touring plans blog more often!

Last edited by Mrs D; 02-25-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
Mrs D

Hi all!

I've tweaked the meet a bit. We are officially meeting at 10:30pm on 2/29/12 at Pirates of the Caribbean!

We can chat (maybe we'll be lucky enough to be able to grab a Dole Whip - haven't heard it's operating hours) grab your glow-y accessories (shopping for them tomorrow) and ride Pirates together.

While I'd love to meet as many DISers as possible this is really about raising some $ for Give Kids the World.

Please consider making a donation to GKTW. Your money is going to a GREAT cause.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

I have a dinner ADR at 9:30 that night so I don't think I'll be there for the 10:30 meet. I'll definately be there for the 12 AM MSEP so let me know where you guys are planning on being.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: