Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #61
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKwatercraftPilot View Post
I got the email and replied.
So excited, already have three FE projects on the works!
Got the info! Thank you. I have so many ideas for the FE just need to narrow it down.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #62
MKwatercraftPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
This will be our 2nd time on the Dream, looking forward to see how Disney decorates it for Christmas.
Me too! That's pretty much the reason I tried to cruise as close to Christmas as possible without getting so close that the flight prices skyrocket.

Can't wait to see Castaway Cay decorated, too!
MKwatercraftPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #63
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Hi all!

It is going to be my third DCL Cruise and my friend's 1st cruise of any type (can I call him a DF? I think I have most of the abbreviations down on here. This is my first time joining anything like the DIS.)
I wanted to make sure his first cruise was DCL so that he could experience the best!

We would love to join the FE group. I saw the FE's on some cabins on the past cruises I have been on and always wondered what they were for. It seems like so much fun!

OP, please PM me with your email address as I can't send PM's yet.

At first I thought FE's were a random thing, you made/bought trinkets and walked around dropping them in FE's throughout the boat. I was worried because we have an aft cabin (literally, on the back of the boat) that nobody would make it to us! I'm glad to see that there will be a list.

Do you think there will be other FE's for people using different forums or not using any at all? Maybe I will bring some extra little things to pass out.

I also heard that DCL CM's may place some items in our FE's... true or false?

I'm glad to be aboard the DIS and looking forward to setting sail!

--Daniel
Epcotkilterfan started Fe's, http://www.disboards.com/showthread....epcotkilterfan

We have been on other cruises were folks have had FE's out that weren't apart of the Dis group. We have gotten things from people that weren't a part of our group as well. We've never gotten anything from cast members that we could identify.

Hope this helps.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #64
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Summer's almost over! Time to get started making those FE items.

I started setting up our spreadsheet and should be sending out a rough draft soon for the FE participants. Expect an e-mail by this weekend. If you don't get something by Saturday, post to the forum and I will recheck my address book.

I am missing two participants information and will e-mail through the forum a reminder. If you haven't send the info or have decided to join the FE, Private message or e-mail me. If you click on my user name it will give you both those options. (You must be signed in though)

I am investigating meet and greet options with Daniel, our latest Disney friend to join us. He has been on the Dream and has helped me with a few ideas. I will post more on this later. If you have any suggestions please share.

Christopher
Old 07-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #65
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
Epcotkilterfan started Fe's, http://www.disboards.com/showthread....epcotkilterfan

We have been on other cruises were folks have had FE's out that weren't apart of the Dis group. We have gotten things from people that weren't a part of our group as well. We've never gotten anything from cast members that we could identify.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the background info. It was fun to read.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #66
MKwatercraftPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
Epcotkilterfan started Fe's,

Hope this helps.

Thanks! It does help. I bet she's amazed to see how FE's have taken off. I know I would be.

We are very excited to see if we get any bonus FE gifts or if we can use our extra inventory (if there is any) to spread a little extra magic to folks who aren't in this group.

(Darn, still can't post links, even as a part of someone else's quote. Oh well, I'm getting there.)
MKwatercraftPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #67
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyJAE View Post
Are there any other geocachers on this group? (Geocaching high tech treasure hunt can see video at geocahing.com on exactly what it is.) We plan to do some geocaching at Nassau and 1 on Castaway Cay.
We geocache. I love stopping by the Castaway Cay cache every time we visit the island to drop off TB's. We haven't done any caches on Nassau because last time I researched the Nassau caches were in sketchy areas but that could have changed in the last year.

When we did the repositioning cruise last September, we found lots of great caches in Vancouver and Victoria.
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #68
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all!

Do you think there will be other FE's for people using different forums or not using any at all? Maybe I will bring some extra little things to pass out.

I also heard that DCL CM's may place some items in our FE's... true or false?

I'm glad to be aboard the DIS and looking forward to setting sail!

--Daniel
When I pass out our FE gifts, I always use a checklist instead of just putting gifts in FE's because yes there are definitely other groups that hang FE's besides the disboards. On the Fantasy Maiden voyage I counted at least five cabins with FE's that weren't part of the disgroup. Since DH and I bring the exact amount of gifts needed we don't leave gifts in FE's that aren't on our list.

For your FE, it is kind of hard to keep track of whether you are getting extra gifts or not from strangers or cm's because not everyone leaves their name & room number on the gifts.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #69
TracyJAE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
We geocache. I love stopping by the Castaway Cay cache every time we visit the island to drop off TB's. We haven't done any caches on Nassau because last time I researched the Nassau caches were in sketchy areas but that could have changed in the last year.

When we did the repositioning cruise last September, we found lots of great caches in Vancouver and Victoria.
I had wondered about the ones in Nassau, but looking at the logs for them and people seemed to be at ease about the area. I am gonna double check into the safety of the area right before we go though, some things I have read have not been encouraging. And we will be able to walk away easily if it doesn't feel right when we get there too. We love to geocahce but a smilie certainly isn't worth our safety.

2013 August 28-September 2 WDW & Caribbean Beach Resort
2012 December 9-13 1st Disney Cruise on Dream
TracyJAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #70
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyJAE View Post
I had wondered about the ones in Nassau, but looking at the logs for them and people seemed to be at ease about the area. I am gonna double check into the safety of the area right before we go though, some things I have read have not been encouraging. And we will be able to walk away easily if it doesn't feel right when we get there too. We love to geocahce but a smilie certainly isn't worth our safety.
I love Nassau, love walking around the shopping area, straw market, etc., and have always felt safe. I think when I read about the Nassau caches a year or two ago, the logs were discouraging so we never tried. Now that I have more geocaching experience, I would be more willing to give the Nassau caches a try.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #71
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

e-mail test

Just sent out the test e-mail for the FE list.

If you do not receive it let me know through the DIS. group
Old 07-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #72
Hazeleyes536
Mouseketeer

i received and email and responeded!

When will we know who is in our group?
i found some things the other day for the kiddos and bought them. hope i bought enough lol

WDW April 2012, WDW March 2012, WDW May 2012, WDW October 2012,
DCL Dream December 2012, WDW December 2012, WDW June 2014
DCL Fantasy May 2015

Hazeleyes536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #73
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazeleyes536 View Post
i received and email and responeded!

When will we know who is in our group?
i found some things the other day for the kiddos and bought them. hope i bought enough lol
Look at the bottom of the first post. I have a running list of people by User name with abbreviations and ages for the kids. I should have 1st draft of the spreadsheet ready by next week. People who want will be added until the cut-off date. Which is in Oct, need to check my first post for the exact date?

Christopher
Old 07-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #74
Hazeleyes536
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItAllStrtdWAMouse View Post
Look at the bottom of the first post. I have a running list of people by User name with abbreviations and ages for the kids. I should have 1st draft of the spreadsheet ready by next week. People who want will be added until the cut-off date. Which is in Oct, need to check my first post for the exact date?

Christopher
Thank you sir!

Also for those of you driving to Port Canavreal i just registered for parkandcruise.com and got a rate of $5.99 a day. MUCH cheaper than parking at the port canaveral terminal which would be $75 for the trip.

WDW April 2012, WDW March 2012, WDW May 2012, WDW October 2012,
DCL Dream December 2012, WDW December 2012, WDW June 2014
DCL Fantasy May 2015

Hazeleyes536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #75
TracyJAE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazeleyes536 View Post
Thank you sir!

Also for those of you driving to Port Canavreal i just registered for parkandcruise.com and got a rate of $5.99 a day. MUCH cheaper than parking at the port canaveral terminal which would be $75 for the trip.
Where did you register to park? I didn't see Port Canavreal on there anywhere. Have you used them before? How far away are they from the port?

2013 August 28-September 2 WDW & Caribbean Beach Resort
2012 December 9-13 1st Disney Cruise on Dream
TracyJAE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 12 12, december 9 2012, disney dream cruise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: