Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #31
Corjack
Free Dining 2010
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Your kids are so adorable!! Your oldest daughter certainly looks like you as well. I LOVE the picture of them in the matching dresses/shirt looking at the castle with the baby trying to get up on the fence. I'm sure that is a picture that you will always treasure!

I can't wait to take my baby there in November! Although, I'm kinda scared to take her at only 19 months old. But you keep going with your small ones- so it can't be that bad… Right????
Thank you! I DO love that picture!


Actually I think little ones are the best because they don't care what you do, they just need their snacks and naps and they are happy to just have all your attension for a week! My oldest always says the best part of vacation is that we all get to be together and Daddy goes not have go to work. On our first trip my DH asked her if she was ready to go home after a week and she said "No, but not because I don't want tog o home, it is because I don't want you to hav eto go back to work." My DH really GOT it then. It is part of the reason we always take a vacation each year. Time away to make memories is SUPER important to the kids as well as us. Disney at this point is just so much fun for us. You see it each year in a new way through your kids eyes. ANd I did not take my oldest until she was 4 because I listened to everyone who said "she won't remember". Now I wish I had ignored them because while my son and youngest daughter do not remember their first Disney trips, I DO. I would not trade those memories for anything.

Most important thing with little ones it to keep expectations low. Know your going to be enjoying the simple things and maybe not riding ALL the big rides. Also make sure you keep them on some version of their schedule. Bring snacks they are used to and go at their pace. You can NEVER get back these trips and once they are big enough to ride the rides they will be forever.

Welcome to my PTR!!!
__________________
2012 Not So Scarey Merry PTR
First trip 1997
Second trip 1998
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #32
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
Thank you! I DO love that picture!


Actually I think little ones are the best because they don't care what you do, they just need their snacks and naps and they are happy to just have all your attension for a week! My oldest always says the best part of vacation is that we all get to be together and Daddy goes not have go to work. On our first trip my DH asked her if she was ready to go home after a week and she said "No, but not because I don't want tog o home, it is because I don't want you to hav eto go back to work." My DH really GOT it then. It is part of the reason we always take a vacation each year. Time away to make memories is SUPER important to the kids as well as us. Disney at this point is just so much fun for us. You see it each year in a new way through your kids eyes. ANd I did not take my oldest until she was 4 because I listened to everyone who said "she won't remember". Now I wish I had ignored them because while my son and youngest daughter do not remember their first Disney trips, I DO. I would not trade those memories for anything.

Most important thing with little ones it to keep expectations low. Know your going to be enjoying the simple things and maybe not riding ALL the big rides. Also make sure you keep them on some version of their schedule. Bring snacks they are used to and go at their pace. You can NEVER get back these trips and once they are big enough to ride the rides they will be forever.

Welcome to my PTR!!!
We took my ODD when she was 2.5 and EVERYONE said the same thing. "She won't remember! You are wasting your money!" Umm… NOPE! She is FREE! She's not costing us a dime on this trip. AND like you said, the memories are MINE to keep! But I will say- she STILL talks about Disney over a year later and loves to look at our pictures. And she says that she can ONLY get her hair cut at Disney World- she refuses to believe me that there are places here in town that will cut her hair!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #33
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
I will probably cave....but they are new so I can cave in a few weeks!!! LOL I have a 20% off for registering my email. If you register a new email address they send you one. Heck it is worth it to go make a new Hotmail!!! LOL

Would you be interested in a photopass share for your halloween trip? I have 2 people so far and like to keep the groups small. Just thought I would ask. This is my 5th share. If not NO problem! I organize it through facebook because they no longer allow them on here.
How would something like that work?? Never done a share.
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 2/15 - AKV (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #34
Corjack
Free Dining 2010
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
We took my ODD when she was 2.5 and EVERYONE said the same thing. "She won't remember! You are wasting your money!" Umm… NOPE! She is FREE! She's not costing us a dime on this trip. AND like you said, the memories are MINE to keep! But I will say- she STILL talks about Disney over a year later and loves to look at our pictures. And she says that she can ONLY get her hair cut at Disney World- she refuses to believe me that there are places here in town that will cut her hair!
AWWW! My son was 3 the last time but he remembers too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
How would something like that work?? Never done a share.
I will message you with the details.
__________________
2012 Not So Scarey Merry PTR
First trip 1997
Second trip 1998
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #35
Corjack
Free Dining 2010
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 728

SO today on the Southwest/Airtran site it says airfare through Jan 4th will open up on 5-21-12! So I have a date when I can start pricing out my flights! On the phone when I called Disney over the weekend they said CHristmas party tickets and dates would not be out until June. I thought they came out together...Halloween and CHristmas party tickets? Maybe not?

We added 3 to our cast of Characters over the weekend. My SIL, niece and nephew are now going with us. THey will not be arriving until 11-3 along with MIL but it will be fun to have a group there. PLUS we get a few days alone before anyone gets there!

I am toying with an idea also of going on 10-31 instead of 11-1. It would HAVE to involve a BIG % room discount though. I want to get a room at the Contemporary MK view for that night and we would go to the MNSSHP that night. My DH would LOVE it and it is his bday!!! It is purley hypothetical at this moment because I cannot afford $545 for one night. So we will see what discounts come out!!!
__________________
2012 Not So Scarey Merry PTR
First trip 1997
Second trip 1998
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #36
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
SO today on the Southwest/Airtran site it says airfare through Jan 4th will open up on 5-21-12! So I have a date when I can start pricing out my flights! On the phone when I called Disney over the weekend they said CHristmas party tickets and dates would not be out until June. I thought they came out together...Halloween and CHristmas party tickets? Maybe not?

We added 3 to our cast of Characters over the weekend. My SIL, niece and nephew are now going with us. THey will not be arriving until 11-3 along with MIL but it will be fun to have a group there. PLUS we get a few days alone before anyone gets there!

I am toying with an idea also of going on 10-31 instead of 11-1. It would HAVE to involve a BIG % room discount though. I want to get a room at the Contemporary MK view for that night and we would go to the MNSSHP that night. My DH would LOVE it and it is his bday!!! It is purley hypothetical at this moment because I cannot afford $545 for one night. So we will see what discounts come out!!!
Good news to hear a date for SW flights! I am waiting for those schedules to come out very anxiously

How fun that you added 3 more family members to your trip. That should be fun.

I think the CMs give all sorts of misinformation here and there. The CM I spoke with a couple weeks ago when I added the 2 extra days at the beginning of our Dec trip told me that MVMCP dates would be released in April sometime and go on sale a month later Who knows which one is right.

I talked to DH about the Photopass CD...he doesnt think we will utilize it much since we are in the parks for such a short amount of time, so, I guess we wont be interested in the share. Thanks for the invite though.
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 2/15 - AKV (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #37
Corjack
Free Dining 2010
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Good news to hear a date for SW flights! I am waiting for those schedules to come out very anxiously

How fun that you added 3 more family members to your trip. That should be fun.

I think the CMs give all sorts of misinformation here and there. The CM I spoke with a couple weeks ago when I added the 2 extra days at the beginning of our Dec trip told me that MVMCP dates would be released in April sometime and go on sale a month later Who knows which one is right.

I talked to DH about the Photopass CD...he doesnt think we will utilize it much since we are in the parks for such a short amount of time, so, I guess we wont be interested in the share. Thanks for the invite though.
Well I hope it is APRIL!

No problem about the photopass share! I just know that there are lots of ops for the MNSSHP! I cannot wait!!!! If you change your mind let me know and since your only going a few days I can add you even if I get my other 4 people!

__________________
2012 Not So Scarey Merry PTR
First trip 1997
Second trip 1998
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #38
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
Well I hope it is APRIL!

No problem about the photopass share! I just know that there are lots of ops for the MNSSHP! I cannot wait!!!! If you change your mind let me know and since your only going a few days I can add you even if I get my other 4 people!

I'm hoping I can change HIS mind!! I think we will want it, he doesnt. I will let you know if I get him on board

Today on the DIS someone else was asking about MNSSHP ticket dates and someone else mentioned June. They said thats what their TA told them. I dont know , regardless, when they announce those dates and they go on sale...I will be ready with my CC...whether that be May or June. Luckily we know we will hear about it here when it all happens
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 2/15 - AKV (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #39
juliebug
Mouseketeer
 
juliebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 192

sounds so fun we will be there the same time you will be but leaving earlier.
We are going 10-26- 11-2 i want to do the mnsshp too! i can't deiced if we should do 11-1 or 10-31 i just worried Halloween will be crazy day to go!

thanks for the sw flight info too!

love the pic the kids are soo cute and i love there matching outfits.
__________________
Julie Mom to DS(12) DD(9)
juliebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #40
Corjack
Free Dining 2010
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I'm hoping I can change HIS mind!! I think we will want it, he doesnt. I will let you know if I get him on board
If it helps his decision, it will only be about $22.
__________________
2012 Not So Scarey Merry PTR
First trip 1997
Second trip 1998
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #41
Corjack
Free Dining 2010
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug View Post
sounds so fun we will be there the same time you will be but leaving earlier.
We are going 10-26- 11-2 i want to do the mnsshp too! i can't deiced if we should do 11-1 or 10-31 i just worried Halloween will be crazy day to go!

thanks for the sw flight info too!

love the pic the kids are soo cute and i love there matching outfits.

Well I heard 10-31 and 11-1 parties sold out last year. Both I am sure will be packed. I am excited to do a super early MVMCP because it should be the opposite!!!
__________________
2012 Not So Scarey Merry PTR
First trip 1997
Second trip 1998
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #42
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran
 
leshunlenese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,122

Hey! i wanted to join you because you have the exact same plan as i do but for next year 2013. I plan on 9 or 10 days with the last mnsshp and the 1st mvmcp. I hope it works out!
__________________
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR



I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #43
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I'm hoping I can change HIS mind!! I think we will want it, he doesnt. I will let you know if I get him on board
Can I just say that by doing a share you are getting more bang for your buck! I wouldn't pay the $99 for a short trip, but if I only had to pay $22.
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #44
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

oops! Double post!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips

Last edited by francis6306; 02-21-2012 at 09:04 PM.
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #45
juliebug
Mouseketeer
 
juliebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
If it helps his decision, it will only be about $22.
for 22 you can get lots of cool pictures at the party from what i heard the pic are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
Well I heard 10-31 and 11-1 parties sold out last year. Both I am sure will be packed. I am excited to do a super early MVMCP because it should be the opposite!!!
yeah i worried about that too i just have to decide on one and buy our tickets right away! i can't wait!

just bought my tickets today too! all booked now yeah!
__________________
Julie Mom to DS(12) DD(9)
juliebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.