Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
I know I cannot wait for dates to be released, it will make it more REAL when we know specifics!!!

Are you dressing up for the Halloween parties??
I know what you mean...I just want to see the dates already!!

My boys are all dressing up as pirates , I figured they will be fairly cool costumes. My DD is dressing up as Mad Hatter. I am just wearing a Mickey vampire t-shirt I found on the Disney website a few months back. DH wont dress up...not his thing.

For the other party night, the kids will just wear t-shirts. My little boys have Buzz & Woody costume t-shirts, DS10 has a Jack Skellyton t-shirt, DD has a Mickey mummy bling t-shirt.

I have pics of all the t-shirts and 2 of the 4 costumes in my PTR if you want to see them I will post pics of the other 2 costumes in the next couple days when I get them delivered.

Are you planning on dressing up?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #17
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I know what you mean...I just want to see the dates already!!

My boys are all dressing up as pirates , I figured they will be fairly cool costumes. My DD is dressing up as Mad Hatter. I am just wearing a Mickey vampire t-shirt I found on the Disney website a few months back. DH wont dress up...not his thing.

For the other party night, the kids will just wear t-shirts. My little boys have Buzz & Woody costume t-shirts, DS10 has a Jack Skellyton t-shirt, DD has a Mickey mummy bling t-shirt.

I have pics of all the t-shirts and 2 of the 4 costumes in my PTR if you want to see them I will post pics of the other 2 costumes in the next couple days when I get them delivered.

Are you planning on dressing up?
I need to go check out your trip report! We are dressing up! My oldest will be Pocahontas, my little girl will be Snow White and my son will be determined closer to the date. He wants to be Bumblebee! LOL(that is what he was last year) I will talk him into something Disney before we go! I am not sure about DH and I. We will do something but probably not a WHOLE costume. A few years back we all went to the Pirate and Princess Party and all went as Pirates. I am hoping my son will either be a pirate or an indian to go with his sister!

I was on the Disney Outlet site today and saw that Vampire Mickey shirt! Very cute! I will be getting DH and I a couple new Mickey shirst before we go! And some new Crocs for Momma! My dog chewed my new Croc Cleo's last summer!!! BAD DOG!!!
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I need to go check out your trip report! We are dressing up! My oldest will be Pocahontas, my little girl will be Snow White and my son will be determined closer to the date. He wants to be Bumblebee! LOL(that is what he was last year) I will talk him into something Disney before we go! I am not sure about DH and I. We will do something but probably not a WHOLE costume. A few years back we all went to the Pirate and Princess Party and all went as Pirates. I am hoping my son will either be a pirate or an indian to go with his sister!

I was on the Disney Outlet site today and saw that Vampire Mickey shirt! Very cute! I will be getting DH and I a couple new Mickey shirst before we go! And some new Crocs for Momma! My dog chewed my new Croc Cleo's last summer!!! BAD DOG!!!
Those sound like great costumes

I've been spending too much time lately on Disney Store website. They need to quit adding new stuff all the time, then I wont need to look . I took advantage of a big sale 2 weeks ago and got the kids a few t-shirts each for our Dec trip.

I need new Crocs too...mine make weird sounds when I walk...it really disturbs me , but I think I will probably just wear tennis shoes for both trips.

Be sure to say hello if you read my PTR (the links for both are above my tickers)
Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #19
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

Quote:
Those sound like great costumes

I've been spending too much time lately on Disney Store website. They need to quit adding new stuff all the time, then I wont need to look . I took advantage of a big sale 2 weeks ago and got the kids a few t-shirts each for our Dec trip.

I need new Crocs too...mine make weird sounds when I walk...it really disturbs me , but I think I will probably just wear tennis shoes for both trips.

Be sure to say hello if you read my PTR (the links for both are above my tickers)
I may actually take tennis shoes this trip. When it is hot I just can't wear tennis shoes. I love my crocs, I have Minnie Mouse Mary Janes that I love. I saw onthe Croc web site they have new Mickey crocs for kids....must resist!!!!

I hit your Halloween PTR, now to hit the CHristmas one!!!
Third trip 2000
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Old 02-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #20
Katie & Glen
DIS Veteran

Hi There! I jumped over from Debra's PTR! Plans look good so far! I am in the same boat of waiting for party dates to be announced and waiting no so patiently for October hours to be released. I was so excited the other day when the TA site had the September hours up.

Can't wait to hear more!! Oh and shameless plug - feel free to pop over to my PTR and also there is a link in my siggy for our Dec 2010 TR where we did a MVMCP.

A Mickey's Very Merry "Holy Crap It's Cold" Trip Report - Dec 2010

Katie (DW) / Glen (DH - 44) / Ethan (DS - 11)

Past trips: 1997 FW Campground; 2007 CBR; 2010 AKL; 2011 CBR; 2012 POR
Katie & Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #21
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

So now we will cover Animal Kingdom. We all love this park more than we originally thought we would. I think it is a good park to relax and take in the atmosphere. We always go at it with a slower pace than the other parks.

My personal favorite thing about this park is the availability of Characters. Seems there is always someone out and no line to see them! The thing I like least about this park is it seems hotter and the layout is weird.

We have a few things at this park we still have not done. Nemo Musical, the Boneyard and the parade. Well we have played int he play area near the Boneyard but never actually dig the dig for bones part.

Our favorites here are:

Expedition Everest, well it is one of my DH and DD's favs. I ride one time and don't really feel the need to do it again. Rollercoasters are not really my thing.

Kilimanjaro Safari, we have been on this rode when it was REALLY cool and REALLY boring. It is a crap shoot I think, depends on the weather and the time of day.

Kali River Rapids, we normally wait for this one until close to park closing and ride as many times as we can right in a row. Most people don't want to be wet when leaving the park so it is pretty empty, sometimes we even ride without getting off the raft!

It's Tough To Be A Bug, we love this one. My kids think it is FUNNY!

Dinosaur, my DH and DD ride it a few times. My DS rode once last year and was not freaked out but did not want to ride again, we will see how he is this year. I like it but I tend to sit out rides if it is between DH and I to ride.

Primeval Whirl, I have not ridden this one. DH and DD like it. I have a feeling with MIL being along with us that I will have to try it at least once this trip.

Tree of Life, we actaully find it very cool and always take the walk underneath to gawk at it!!!

Triceratops Spin we always do this. Kara was 2mo old when she first rode it!!

Wildlife Train, Affections Section and Conservation Station we like, the kids always want to do it.

Discovery Island Trails and Habitat Habit are something we always do too.

These are cool attractions but we do not out them on our priority list. Kinda if we hit then fine, if not then that is fine too.

Flights of Wonder, if you have not seen it then I say definately see it once. We like it is really a cool show the birds are very interesting.

Jungle Trek, we found it interesting(especially the tigers) but not a ABSOLUTE MUST DO.

Pangani Forest it is another interesting walk but in the heat we skip it.

Festival of the Lion King, we have seen it twice and this trip we may see it again because Jack probably does not remember and Kara will love all the music!

To eat we Love Flame Tree BBQ, almost as much for the seating atmosphere as the food! We also like Restaurantosaurus(the A/C), Pizzafari and Yak and Yeti counter service! Also at the Harambi Fruit Market they have the frozen lemonade we love!
Third trip 2000
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3

Last edited by Corjack; 02-23-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #22
DisneyDad79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Indigo"]Magic Kingdom is my fav. When we get there I always go upstairs in the train station onto the balcony and just take in the view of Main Street and really take a minute to be greatful for beign there with my family and making precious memories. I try and always snap a picture of DH and the kids too! I like the feeling fo that picture. Usually it is from behind but I still love that I know what they are feeling in it. Then we take our time down Main Street and usually break off before the Hub and go to either Frontierland for POTC or to Future World for FPs then to POTC. It is always our first tide! We all love it!

It's awesome that you have a tradition to start your trips off! I hope at some point we will have a few traditions that we work into every trip!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad79 View Post
It's awesome that you have a tradition to start your trips off! I hope at some point we will have a few traditions that we work into every trip!
We also take the kids pic on the bench with Minnie each year. It was to jugde how much they grow, but 2 years ago we took Gracie's picture with the Indian on Main Street and I think we will add that one too, GREAT judge of how much taller they are!
Third trip 2000
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Old 02-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I may actually take tennis shoes this trip. When it is hot I just can't wear tennis shoes. I love my crocs, I have Minnie Mouse Mary Janes that I love. I saw onthe Croc web site they have new Mickey crocs for kids....must resist!!!!

I hit your Halloween PTR, now to hit the CHristmas one!!!
Mickey crocs for kids...oh my, why oh why did I have to read this?? Must...resist...going...to...Crocs...website.

We missed out on SOOOOOO much when we were at AK a few years back. We arent going there in Oct, but have 2 days planned there in Dec.

Hope you enjoy the Christmas PTR. I have so much more I can talk about on that one b/c of how much longer that trip is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie & Glen View Post
Hi There! I jumped over from Debra's PTR! Plans look good so far! I am in the same boat of waiting for party dates to be announced and waiting no so patiently for October hours to be released. I was so excited the other day when the TA site had the September hours up.

Can't wait to hear more!! Oh and shameless plug - feel free to pop over to my PTR and also there is a link in my siggy for our Dec 2010 TR where we did a MVMCP.
I cant remember if I read your Dec 2010 TR...I need to check it out too. We are going to be there on what is hopefully the last MVMCP day. FINGERS CROSSED!!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #25
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

Anyone going in the same general time frame that is interested in a Photopass share PM me. I got room for 3!!!

Third trip 2000
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Old 02-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #26
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie & Glen View Post

Waiting seems so unfair when we have nothing else to do. Once they start releasing everything my schedule will be way less WIDE open. I am super excited for flights to open up, once we have our airfare set I will be REALLY happy!!!

THanks for following. I will hit your PTR later!!!
Third trip 2000
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Old 02-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #27
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

[QUOTE=debrapagliasotti;44048772]Mickey crocs for kids...oh my, why oh why did I have to read this?? Must...resist...going...to...Crocs...website.

We missed out on SOOOOOO much when we were at AK a few years back. We arent going there in Oct, but have 2 days planned there in Dec.

Hope you enjoy the Christmas PTR. I have so much more I can talk about on that one b/c of how much longer that trip is.

I know RIGHT!!! THe Mickey crocs are CUTE too!!! I will check your xmas PTR later tonite when things quiet down.
Third trip 2000
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Old 02-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #28
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know RIGHT!!! THe Mickey crocs are CUTE too!!! I will check your xmas PTR later tonite when things quiet down.
OH MY GOSH...those Mickey crocs are ADORABLE!! I had to get off that website quick b/c I ALMOST bought 2 pair for my little boys. I have been thinking about them all day, but have resisted...so far.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #29
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

Quote:
OH MY GOSH...those Mickey crocs are ADORABLE!! I had to get off that website quick b/c I ALMOST bought 2 pair for my little boys. I have been thinking about them all day, but have resisted...so far.
I will probably cave....but they are new so I can cave in a few weeks!!! LOL I have a 20% off for registering my email. If you register a new email address they send you one. Heck it is worth it to go make a new Hotmail!!! LOL

Would you be interested in a photopass share for your halloween trip? I have 2 people so far and like to keep the groups small. Just thought I would ask. This is my 5th share. If not NO problem! I organize it through facebook because they no longer allow them on here.
Third trip 2000
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Old 02-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #30
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Your kids are so adorable!! Your oldest daughter certainly looks like you as well. I LOVE the picture of them in the matching dresses/shirt looking at the castle with the baby trying to get up on the fence. I'm sure that is a picture that you will always treasure!

I can't wait to take my baby there in November! Although, I'm kinda scared to take her at only 19 months old. But you keep going with your small ones- so it can't be that bad… Right????

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: