Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
honeymooner2004
Mouseketeer

Orlando hotel near Dolphin/Swan

Hi! I am in the process of booking a hotel for a conference in Orlando in March. Our host hotel is Disney's Dolphin/Swan, but b/c of our late booking it's completely booked. I was wondering if anyone knew of a hotel that is close to the Dolphin/Swan. I've never stayed anywhere in Orlando besides Disney properties so I'm not sure of what's good. We were thinking it'd be nice to be somewhere within walking distance of the Dolphin/Swan if possible.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

October 2008 Western Carribean Cruise - Disney Magic!! Grace's 1st Disney cruise!!
October 2004 Land/Sea Disney Wonder Honeymoon
Sept 1994 Disney World

honeymooner2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Are you able to book the Beach Club/Yacht Club or the Boardwalk? Those would obviously be the closest (within walking distance). I am not sure there are any other hotels that are within walking distance.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
honeymooner2004
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megsie1000 View Post
Are you able to book the Beach Club/Yacht Club or the Boardwalk? Those would obviously be the closest (within walking distance). I am not sure there are any other hotels that are within walking distance.
Probably not b/c we have a limit on how much our co. will pay for. I think it's $225/room/nite. And we're sharing a room. I was already thinking of a Disney resort. If nothing else than to be able to take the buses to the hotel. We can always take a cab, but wanted to avoid that if possible.

October 2008 Western Carribean Cruise - Disney Magic!! Grace's 1st Disney cruise!!
October 2004 Land/Sea Disney Wonder Honeymoon
Sept 1994 Disney World

honeymooner2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

brucerob62

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymooner2004 View Post
Probably not b/c we have a limit on how much our co. will pay for. I think it's $225/room/nite. And we're sharing a room. I was already thinking of a Disney resort. If nothing else than to be able to take the buses to the hotel. We can always take a cab, but wanted to avoid that if possible.
Its not too far away..and dont know if you have a rental car..but try wyndham hilton..at lake buena vista next to downtown disney.but its around $100 a nite depending on if its during the week..if its weekend..maybe a bit higher..try this website for info ..http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MCOLB/activities/main.wnt
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
I was already thinking of a Disney resort. If nothing else than to be able to take the buses to the hotel.
You are going to want to have a rental car, unless you are staying in one of the Epcot area resorts (Beach, Yacht, Boardwalk, Swan, or Dolphin). For the most part, there is no direct transportation between any two resorts, and so you'd have to transfer at a theme park---that's going to be awkward any time of day, but especially first thing in the morning when the conference starts, as most guests are not *leaving* the theme parks to go back to their hotels at that time.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Also keep in mind that Swan/Dolphin charges to park there if you are not a resort guest (at least last time I checked). So by the time you factor in the rental car + parking fees for your meetings, it might be better to book at one of the Epcot hotels if you can get your company to pay for it.

There is a current spring discount promotion through Disney- do any of your dates coincide with that?
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote