Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
goosedwn
Mouseketeer

First Page for Disney Cruise Line suggestion.

Hi,

I am starting the work on my family Disney Cruise but I am already stuck before I even started. (. I don't know what I should do for the 1st page. Any suggestion?? What picture(s) should I choose for the 1st page? Should I organize the album by day on the ship or how should I do it? Please help me. I really appreciate all your inputs.

Wen
goosedwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

I've not done a cruise..but my Disney trips- I do by days.. so I sort out my photos and then start to tackle my pages. Usually my first page is a family photo and itinerary... Let me see if I can find an example of one of our title pages...

Secrets still a go...but they keep taking my computer...
PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Hi Wen - welcome!!
I am working on my 1st DCL book now. Inside my front cover i have my DCL reservation sheet and airline tickets. Since we stayed in Barcelona a few days before the cruise, I have begun my book there.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
maslex
DIS Veteran

I've started to collect the schedule sheets that they leave on your bed each night. (each cruise line calls them something different and I forgot what they were called on Disney)

But anyhow, on one of our cruises I made a huge pocket on the bottom of the page and just stuck these sheets inside of it. I then made an itinerary of the week and adhered it onto the pocket at the bottom.

But usually what I've done with my cruise albums is use the embarkation photo that they take of you before boarding the ship. On my Disney one, I adhered the photo down and underneath it put our last name (since that's how Disney announces you while getting onboard)

I believe on our first cruise I ended up getting an 8x10 photp of the ship and used that along with the date that we went. It was really very simple.

As for scrapping the album, I'm not really a chronological scrapbooker. I usually do a page of each island we stop at, a layout of the food (lol), cabin, a layout of the various pictures I take throughout the week, the sunrise/sunset, etc.
maslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

I always use our embark. photo for a title page. I find cruises very to scrap in order, so that is what I do ?? (Some vacations I scrap differently, like Disney world by parks) With cruises we were always doing something different each day (ports, restaurants, castaway cay, etc.) so I found it very easy to stay in order with my cruise album. I only have one cruise title page uploaded just to give you an idea?? and it is not from a DCL cruise though and it from an 8 x 8 album. I have only been on one DCL cruise and my title page is not uploaded-sorry.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
Reddy
Scrapbooker

I wish I could do a cruise - I do WDW
I like the family photo in front of the ship idea with the dates at the bottom so you can't forget exactly when you went

at the parks I do each section of the park, then each ride then another of that section then on to the next. then parades, food, fireworks - I'll use diffferent days on each section but that doesn't sound like you get to do the same thing over & over again (maybe the pool could combine days)
Old 02-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

I used our embarkation photo.

Ah, just looking at it makes me happy!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

I also use my embarkation photo too as the first page. It is usually a good picture of the family- so I go with it.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosedwn View Post
Hi,

I am starting the work on my family Disney Cruise but I am already stuck before I even started. (. I don't know what I should do for the 1st page. Any suggestion?? What picture(s) should I choose for the 1st page? Should I organize the album by day on the ship or how should I do it? Please help me. I really appreciate all your inputs.

Wen
I have done scrapbooks from both of our Disney Cruises. I always start with the photo of the family when we first board the ship. I organize my album day by day. It is easier for me that way.
VowRenewal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Since it's a sort of 'title' page, sometimes I start with the map of the itinerary, but sometimes also with the sailaway picture. On our back to back cruises, I started with the DISBOARDS shirt graphic for each cruise side by side, and titled the trip B2B with Mickey.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
urbkols
Mouseketeer

I usually start with the itinerary or the map. If my embark photo is good I will include it on my page. I've also taken a picture of the ship before checking in and use that in the begininng too. I usually scrapbook by the day since the itinerary is the best guideline.

urbkols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #12
Poppins2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi,

Wen
I started with the Welcome Aboard photo and maybe the itinerary (if there is room!)

Becky
2012: AKL-Dream to Bahamas-BLT, BWV, OKW, VBR, OKW, VBR, Dine/Dash @ SSR, Turkey Day at Vero Beach
2011: BCV-Wonder Panama Repo, SSR x 2, AKL, CSR 2010: Wonder Double Dip, CSR-Birthday Trip, YC, AKL, BC, SSR 2009: Magic to Tortola, VWL, POR, POLY, BW, 2008: Magic Eastern Caribbean, ABD Emerald Isle, WL, SSR 2007: Joined DVC 06/07, POR, DWNTWN DIS, GF, SSR 2006: Moved to FL -Yippee! POP, Westgate, POR, Christmas at AKL 2005: Magic Western Caribbean, 2004: Wonder to Bahamas, 2003: DWNTWN DIS 2002: CBR, 2001: Honeymoon @ WL 1977-1998: HS Trips, Solo and Girlie Vacations August 4, 1976: 1st of many trips to WDW!
Poppins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
dzorn
DIS Addict

Quote:
Hi,

Wen
I did the pictures taken in the port while wating to board. Ship Model and Minnie Mouse. Next was the welcome aboard picture with our itinary along with pictures in the lobby. I also did mine day by day.

Denise in MI
VWL January 2015, Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
SCRAPBOOKQUEEN
Mouseketeer

Scrapbook page

I used our photo taken from the ship. However, if you bought one of the kits from the ship there is usually a nice decorative page that you could use and then just put the date. One other thing, if you saved your Navigators, you could use the Navigator. I used the Navigators as an embellishment and that helped me divide the days and what all we did. I'm a little OCD so I scrapbook chronologically and so I tried to go by the days. I already have 2 books and I'm just "gettin on the boat"!!!!! Post some of your pages when you get a chance. Also, you can check Scrap Your Trip for some very fun stuff!!! They have a great "Disney Cruise" die cut that is very cool and lots of towel animal paper and die cuts. Love their stuff!!!! have fun.

Scrapbookqueen
Kellie
SCRAPBOOKQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #15
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-akj View Post
I always use our embark. photo for a title page. I find cruises very to scrap in order, so that is what I do ?? (Some vacations I scrap differently, like Disney world by parks) With cruises we were always doing something different each day (ports, restaurants, castaway cay, etc.) so I found it very easy to stay in order with my cruise album. I only have one cruise title page uploaded just to give you an idea?? and it is not from a DCL cruise though and it from an 8 x 8 album. I have only been on one DCL cruise and my title page is not uploaded-sorry.
Love your first page!

How did you create the "passports"?

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
BWV - December, 2000 & December, 2005
WDW/Magic - Eastern - 2002
WDW/Magic - Western - 2003
25th Anniv. Cruise to Alaska on HAL- 2006
30th Anniv. Cruise to MR- Wonder - 04-03-11
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Magic Southern Carribean 09-20-14
QuiltTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote