Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #61
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Hi there, the only deal I know of right now is if you have a annual pass to one of the other "Busch Parks", Seaworld, Busch Gardens, or Aquatica. If you have one, or are interested in buying one, you get a huge discount on DC. I am paying $69 in March for a day visit without the swim, and I believe it is $159 with the swim. If you need any more info on this, do a search in this thread for Discovery Cove discount with annual passport, or something to that affect. If you need any more help, let me know!
Just a big shout out to greenclan67 and all the wonderful posters who shared information on this thread. Booked our day resort package yesterday for our August trip for $69 per person . Upgraded one of our Aquatica passes to an annual pass, and were are now able to get free parking at the park, the DC discount, a discount on both our cabana rentals, and discounts on food too . I would never have considered doing so without all your wonderful suggestions!

Now to wait patiently till August. LOL.....okay .......not gonna happen!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #62
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
discount on both our cabana rentals
Did you get one at Discovery Cove or just the Aquatica cabana rental?

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #63
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96 View Post
Did you get one at Discovery Cove or just the Aquatica cabana rental?
We did not get a cabana at Discovery Cove.....we opted to rent a cabana at Aquatica for two days.

Would love to have done a DC cabana rental as well, but unfortunately it just isn't in the budget (yet.....we still have lots of time before we leave!!! lol ).

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #64
pixeegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Booked our day resort package yesterday for our August trip for $69 per person . Upgraded one of our Aquatica passes to an annual pass, and were are now able to get free parking at the park, the DC discount, a discount on both our cabana rentals, and discounts on food too . I would never have considered doing so without all your wonderful suggestions!

How were you able to reserve a cabana at Aquatica for August already? Did you have to call? We are going in August too but it won't let me reserve one online past May how much was it if you don't mind sharing
Old 04-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #65
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeegrl View Post
How were you able to reserve a cabana at Aquatica for August already? Did you have to call? We are going in August too but it won't let me reserve one online past May how much was it if you don't mind sharing
I called and placed my order for both the annual pass and the cabana rentals. I love the customer service people at Seaworld/Aquatica. They are awesome .

We reserved the basic cabana (accomodates up to 4), and it was $89.99 with the discount for each day ($99.99 per day regular price.....the annual pass saved us 10%).

Old 04-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #66
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Oh....I also should have mentioned that our Aquatica cabana rentals are for the final week of August (we are in Orlando from August 26 to September 2 inclusive). The prices for that week are the cheapest out of the month, so depending on when your arrival date is, you may find that the cost is slightly higher.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #67
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Just a big shout out to greenclan67 and all the wonderful posters who shared information on this thread. Booked our day resort package yesterday for our August trip for $69 per person . Upgraded one of our Aquatica passes to an annual pass, and were are now able to get free parking at the park, the DC discount, a discount on both our cabana rentals, and discounts on food too . I would never have considered doing so without all your wonderful suggestions!

Happy for you. I am so glad that I was able to help!!! We have done this the last 2 years, and have taken friends in under our pass as well, and now they love Discovery Cove.
Just so everyone knows, if you have a SW passport and are going to Aquatica or vice versa, you can park at the one you have the Passport for and take the shuttle over to eithier park. We did that last year, instead of paying for parking at Aquatica I parked at Seaworld with my pass, and took the tram/shuttle from there to Aquatica. It was Easy Peasy!!
Wish we were going again soon, but not until March next year. August will come faster then you think!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #68
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Happy for you. I am so glad that I was able to help!!! We have done this the last 2 years, and have taken friends in under our pass as well, and now they love Discovery Cove.
Just so everyone knows, if you have a SW passport and are going to Aquatica or vice versa, you can park at the one you have the Passport for and take the shuttle over to eithier park. We did that last year, instead of paying for parking at Aquatica I parked at Seaworld with my pass, and took the tram/shuttle from there to Aquatica. It was Easy Peasy!!
Wish we were going again soon, but not until March next year. August will come faster then you think!
Thanks for the tip...good to know that you can do this. We have the SW pass but going over to Aquatica for 1 day to let the kids get the waterpark out of their system!

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #69
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

So, thanks to this info I got the $69 price for DC. Now I am trying to decide between buying the passholder for SW or aquatica. DOes anyone know the passholder price for either of those places. Not sure if we even want to go but trying to get the pass for the park we might want to go to. Thanks
luvsvacations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #70
greenclan67
Callie35

One park season pass for any of the 3 parks, Busch, Seaworld, and Aquatica for $119.00

Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #71
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

Sorry - I meant the price for the tickets for the rest of the family to get into the parks -I am not sure how much you get off at each park.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #72
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsvacations View Post
Sorry - I meant the price for the tickets for the rest of the family to get into the parks -I am not sure how much you get off at each park.
Oh sorry, I am not 100% sure but it is eithier $8 or $10 off. I would have to look under my passport!

If you belong to Southwest Airlines, you can still get 20% off of gate price tickets with their online membership card. Sometimes it works out cheaper then the passport discount.
It is 10% off of all food and merchandise though at the park you have the annual passport for.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #73
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately no SOuthwest card. I will look at the gate prices for both and then try to decide. Thanks
Old 04-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #74
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

Ok - 1 last question. I just bought the passport for seaworld. Now - before we can go to DC do I have to go to SW to activate or is it already activitated and we can just go to DC with this paper ticket.

Thanks again
Old 04-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #75
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsvacations View Post
Ok - 1 last question. I just bought the passport for seaworld. Now - before we can go to DC do I have to go to SW to activate or is it already activitated and we can just go to DC with this paper ticket.

Thanks again
Did you order it online and pay the $20 to have it shipped to you? If so it will be activated. If not, and you just printed it off you will have to go to SW first and have it activated. You said paper ticket so I am going to assume it is a printout. If you are going to Seaworld anyhow, you can always go there for a day before DC, but if not, you will have to go into the front gates and have it activated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: