Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #31
disney1474
DIS Veteran
 
disney1474's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
When are you planning on going? I will look at the passmember website, and see what the prices are for then!
Hi!

I understand if I purchase a annual pass we can get a good discount for DC. What would be the price for a family of 4 including the dolphin swim for May? Thanks in advance!!
__________________


DVC MEMBERS AT AKV SINCE MAY 2007
disney1474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #32
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1474 View Post
Hi!

I understand if I purchase a annual pass we can get a good discount for DC. What would be the price for a family of 4 including the dolphin swim for May? Thanks in advance!!
Hi there, it looks like May with the discount is $169 per person. It comes to
$719.96 including taxes and fees! Not sure what you were seeing for the regular price. I would have to go back on close my browser right down, Losing what I am writing to you, but just check what normal prices are. Plus 1 annual pass would be $119. You would only need one pass for all 4 of you!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #33
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran
 
mjohnson96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rantoul, KS
Posts: 1,802

This year we are going to DC but not doing the Dolphin Swim, I priced it out with 3 passes, 2A/1C and the tickets for 8 ppl and we are going to save about $400. Now it we wanted Dolphin Swims it would be less of a savings, but the savings is based on using the FL.Res discount except on 1 ticket for me We did 3 passes instead of 2 so that grandma and the kids can go to SW while I am at the convention this year but then everyone can go to DC that Friday.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DD 11) (DD 4)

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #34
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,435

greenclan67 -- if you could tell me the AP discount price for DC for July 25 -28 I would greatly appreciate it. Regular price with dolphin swim is $299/pp.

I am planning a short Mommy and Me trip (DD will be 7yo) and trying to decide which is better for us: Super Grover or SW 1 yr pass or just buying direct at DC.

For our July trip, we could do: SW for a 1/2 day, DC full day and go to SW afterwards plus another SW 1/2 day.

We do live near Busch Gardens Williamsburg (but DH and other DD wouldn't have AP) and we do plan to go to WDW again in January so could sneak another trip to SW then (but DH and other DD wouldn't have tickets).

I'm not sure what would be the best tickets.

TIA!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,435

Also, another minor question:

Can you get 10% off the SW dining plan WITH your AP? (I know you get 10% off food & beverage at park of your choice)
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #36
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
greenclan67 -- if you could tell me the AP discount price for DC for July 25 -28 I would greatly appreciate it. Regular price with dolphin swim is $299/pp.

I am planning a short Mommy and Me trip (DD will be 7yo) and trying to decide which is better for us: Super Grover or SW 1 yr pass or just buying direct at DC.

For our July trip, we could do: SW for a 1/2 day, DC full day and go to SW afterwards plus another SW 1/2 day.

We do live near Busch Gardens Williamsburg (but DH and other DD wouldn't have AP) and we do plan to go to WDW again in January so could sneak another trip to SW then (but DH and other DD wouldn't have tickets).

I'm not sure what would be the best tickets.

TIA!!
That is prime time so even with the discount it is $269. So I am not sure weather it would benefit you at all! We do love our SW AP. Yes you get 10% on the all dining plan plus free parking! Any other questions, just ask!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
That is prime time so even with the discount it is $269. So I am not sure weather it would benefit you at all! We do love our SW AP. Yes you get 10% on the all dining plan plus free parking! Any other questions, just ask!
Ugh -- only $30/pp savings is not a deal for us

$640 (1A/1C @ DC + $42 for parking at SW 3 days)

vs.

$778 (1A/1C SW AP + 1A/1C @ DC)

Thanks for your help! Looks like we'll just do the regular DC pass that includes 14 days at SW. I'm not confident we can buy enough food, drinks and merchandise to make up the difference.

I do have a few more questions...if you'd rather I PM you, let me know.

1) I read I can take a shuttle from DC to SW. Is this worth it to save $14 (i.e., is it fast and quick) I will have a car and/or stay at hotel with shuttle service.

2) Can you only park at DC on the day you are doing DC?

3) DD6 (will be 7) has never snorkeled before. We are planning to practice in our tub and at the local pool once it opens but if she just can't "get it", would it be better to wait? Can you enjoy the lagoons w/o snorkeling?

She is confident in the water with a vest on but w/o a vest last summer she was unsure of herself and resorted to doggie paddle instead of straight swimming. I plan to have her take swim lessons next quarter (April/May/June).

She is very excited about DC and this is the first time she is showing interest in pool/swimming/snorkeling, so DH and I were thinking this could be the motivating factor for her to really be confident in swimming and learn how to snorkel, too.

Any help on whether to wait or go for it is appreciated. This is the only trip for both DD and I...if we wait until next year, DH and DD3 will be going with us (i.e. more $$ and DD3 can't do a whole lot).

Thanks!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #38
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Ugh -- only $30/pp savings is not a deal for us

$640 (1A/1C @ DC + $42 for parking at SW 3 days)

vs.

$778 (1A/1C SW AP + 1A/1C @ DC)

Thanks for your help! Looks like we'll just do the regular DC pass that includes 14 days at SW. I'm not confident we can buy enough food, drinks and merchandise to make up the difference.

I do have a few more questions...if you'd rather I PM you, let me know.

1) I read I can take a shuttle from DC to SW. Is this worth it to save $14 (i.e., is it fast and quick) I will have a car and/or stay at hotel with shuttle service.

2) Can you only park at DC on the day you are doing DC?

3) DD6 (will be 7) has never snorkeled before. We are planning to practice in our tub and at the local pool once it opens but if she just can't "get it", would it be better to wait? Can you enjoy the lagoons w/o snorkeling?

She is confident in the water with a vest on but w/o a vest last summer she was unsure of herself and resorted to doggie paddle instead of straight swimming. I plan to have her take swim lessons next quarter (April/May/June).

She is very excited about DC and this is the first time she is showing interest in pool/swimming/snorkeling, so DH and I were thinking this could be the motivating factor for her to really be confident in swimming and learn how to snorkel, too.

Any help on whether to wait or go for it is appreciated. This is the only trip for both DD and I...if we wait until next year, DH and DD3 will be going with us (i.e. more $$ and DD3 can't do a whole lot).

Thanks!
I think the parking is only for the day at DC so you would probably have to pay the parking fee!
As far as snorkelling, the first year, my oldest daughter didn't get it, but my younger one did (she was 7 at the time) I am 39 and just can't get it! I think the new set up, she will enjoy in the grand reef, because it is not all deep water, you can walk some areas! I can't get past the reflex to hold my breath,, so I don't enjoy the snorkelling part, but I love, love the lazy river, and the bird aviary, and just kicking back relaxing with a beer in hand! I think she will like it! You may go with your daughter and decide that you would like to take everyone back the next time you go! We love DC and can't wait to be there on the 14th of March!
If she loves the water, and is excited about the dolphin interaction and so on, I would do it! My daughter loved it and she was a just turned 7 at the time. It was the highlight of the trip for her!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #39
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
I think the parking is only for the day at DC so you would probably have to pay the parking fee!
As far as snorkelling, the first year, my oldest daughter didn't get it, but my younger one did (she was 7 at the time) I am 39 and just can't get it! I think the new set up, she will enjoy in the grand reef, because it is not all deep water, you can walk some areas! I can't get past the reflex to hold my breath,, so I don't enjoy the snorkelling part, but I love, love the lazy river, and the bird aviary, and just kicking back relaxing with a beer in hand! I think she will like it! You may go with your daughter and decide that you would like to take everyone back the next time you go! We love DC and can't wait to be there on the 14th of March!
If she loves the water, and is excited about the dolphin interaction and so on, I would do it! My daughter loved it and she was a just turned 7 at the time. It was the highlight of the trip for her!
Thank you!! This has given me confidence in moving forward with our plans.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #40
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,435

greenclan67...if I may impose on you one more time...could you please check the AP discount for DC for Jan 13, 2013?

I'm really not sure I want to do DC in January, but I'm having second thoughts now on the $299 price for a July visit...

Regular price is $199 for January 2013...that's a bit easier to swallow...

Thanks!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #41
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
greenclan67...if I may impose on you one more time...could you please check the AP discount for DC for Jan 13, 2013?

I'm really not sure I want to do DC in January, but I'm having second thoughts now on the $299 price for a July visit...

Regular price is $199 for January 2013...that's a bit easier to swallow...

Thanks!
It is showing the first part of Jan at $199, and the last part at $169. The
13th is showing at $169. The dolphine swim wouldn't go much lower then that I wouldn't think! You can check them yourself to if you put passmember2011 in the box under promo codes!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #42
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
It is showing the first part of Jan at $199, and the last part at $169. The
13th is showing at $169. The dolphine swim wouldn't go much lower then that I wouldn't think! You can check them yourself to if you put passmember2011 in the box under promo codes!
Thank you!! I will play around with some dates using the promo code!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #43
johnnyr
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,596

I am looking to do 4 for the dolphin swim on July 30th, but don't see the $169.00 passmember rate. The rate displayed online is $269.00. Does $269.00sound correct for a passmember rate in July?
johnnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #44
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran
 
mjohnson96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rantoul, KS
Posts: 1,802

Yes, it is a very busy time. The Fl Res rate is $299 which is the same as a regular price so really no discounts there either. Prices won't really go down until August.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DD 11) (DD 4)

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #45
ccgirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 7,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyr View Post
I am looking to do 4 for the dolphin swim on July 30th, but don't see the $169.00 passmember rate. The rate displayed online is $269.00. Does $269.00sound correct for a passmember rate in July?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96 View Post
Yes, it is a very busy time. The Fl Res rate is $299 which is the same as a regular price so really no discounts there either. Prices won't really go down until August.
As mjohnson indicated, July/ beginning of August is PEAK season. They very rarely give discounts, if at all.
__________________
MEDH37DD7DS2
May 1 - May 8 2010 BWV Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466128
Dec 2 - Dec 12 2010 ASMo and Marriott Harbour Lake
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.