Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Fred and Wilma - They're Back and They're Child Free (Day 11 - See You Real Soon)

Sunday 5th September

Today we were going home – boo!

But first we were off to the Magic Kingdom – hooray!

After a light breakfast of leftover cheesecake brownie – ohmigosh, it was so yummy – we finished packing the last of our stuff and dropped our cases with bell services before catching the bus to Magic Kingdom.

We decided to tour the park clockwise, starting in Adventureland with Jungle Cruise and then heading for Pirates. We missed out Splash Mountain since we really didn’t want to get wet today, something I was fairly relieved about as I do not like the drop. This puzzles Gary as I’m a real daredevil and I love nearly all rollercoasters – the taller and faster, the better. There is something about the drop on Splash, though, that just makes me feel unsafe

After a couple of rides on Big Thunder Mountain, we decided to head into Fantasyland and check how the construction for the expansion was coming along. To be honest, there wasn’t much to see but we did spot a poster advertising the new ‘Be Our Guest’ restaurant. I got ever so excited as Beauty and the Beast is my favourite Disney film – I cannot wait for the addition of the Beast’s Castle to this area.

We bought a raspberry lemonade slush – so refreshing, particularly on a day as hot as this was. Notice my pursed lips - I was sucking on that straw for all I was worth and was not getting anything, it was frozen solid. Luckily, it soon melted a little.

Strolling through Fantasyland, I spotted Mary Poppins – and, even better, she was with Bert. I just had to get a picture. It was so quiet and there was nobody around so we had a real chinwag. I just loved their ‘British’ accents.

We were getting a little peckish by now so we decided to grab an early lunch at Columbia Harbour House. This is probably one of my favourite CS restaurants at Disney. There is a great choice of food, plus loads of seating. And it was lovely and cool in there. We shared a chicken nugget meal and an apple crisp for dessert. I love Disney chicken nuggets and could eat them all day. The apple crisp was pretty tasty too, although it could have used some ice cream or something (custard, according to Gary )

After lunch, it was time to pick up some hitch-hiking ghosts in Haunted Mansion and then we chilled out in these rockers outside the Yankee Trader store.

Now, I am not quite sure how this happened and I blame Natalie completely but, somehow, I recalled a conversation about how we’d never seen Country Bear Jamboree in all our visits to Disney and remembered Natalie telling me that we ‘have to do it’. And so this is how we found ourselves, less than 2 days after our disappointing Captain EO episode, wasting yet more of our precious holiday time watching a load of animatronic bears singing badly

A second (are you keeping count) raspberry lemonade slush helped to ease the pain.

As we were strolling across the hub towards Tomorrowland, the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party was just beginning and we had a great view. I couldn’t believe how few people there were around, having always thought that the weekend days would be unbearable at the parks.

The parade finished and we continued to Tomorrowland, where we rode (the newly refurbished) Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear, where I let Gary win

Time was getting on by now and we decided to make a move but not before completing a circuit of Magic Kingdom on the Walt Disney World Railroad.

I always find leaving the Magic Kingdom for the last time particularly hard, I’m not really sure why, so it was with a heavy heart that we trudged towards the bus stop to catch the bus back to Boardwalk. Typically, just when I wanted to prolong the moment, there was a bus waiting and, in no time, we were collecting our cases from bell services and loading up the car. We drove slowly away and left Disney World for good – well, until the next time.

Since I don’t eat the plane food, I had told Gary I wanted to eat before we got to the airport so we decided to make one last stop at Bob Evans on the 192. No cheddar bites or apple pie fries this time.

I had an incredibly tasty chicken sandwich.

Gary had fried chicken, mash and gravy, which he absolutely loved.

And not because we were hungry but just because...we had to have dessert. Pumpkin pie for Gary and apple pie for me.

And then we were on our way home.

I will leave our story there, mainly because a) it’s always incredibly depressing to be going home b) I’ve got no more photos and c) I honestly can’t remember anything after that and, let’s face it, what’s exciting about sitting on a plane for 8 hours (especially when you’re on your way BACK from Disney).

So I will sign off for now. Thanks to those of you who have read these trip reports. I really do enjoy writing them as it’s a great way to relive the holiday, particularly in this case since it was such a long time ago. As I’m sure you will have gathered, we have another trip coming up this August (6 months on Saturday, in fact) so no doubt you will be hearing more from me.

wilma-bride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

I've really enjoyed reading your trippie Joh.

Love how much you cram into each and every day and love, love, love all the yummy food pictures.

Look forward to reading your next one

Tam
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Awww! You got to meet Bert!

I've heard good things about Columbia Harbour House, going to have to go there on our next visit.

Fried chicken and gravy - beautiful combination!

Sad to see your TR end, I've enjoyed reading along and cannot wait for you to go on yoir next trip! xx
Old 02-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Brilliant TR Joh!

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Great trip report and photos too, thanks for sharing

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #6
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

Well done Joh, I'm sure Theresa will crack on with the next report as soon as I can get the home computer to run a bit faster.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:59 AM   #7
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I wonder what your next TR will be called.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #8
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

great last day, thanks for sharing it with us
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge@Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday@Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #9
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

What a lovely trippie.......it makes you want to go back again!
Oh you are!........We may bump into you in August
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #10
stephensmum
DIS Veteran

Great trippie, really enjoyed it and now I can't wait to go back.

International Drive Aug 1991
Kissimee Sept 1996
All Star Movies Aug 2005
POFQ May 2007
CBR Aug 2008
SSR Aug 2009
SSR Aug 2010
SSR Aug 2012
stephensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed the trip report Joh. Something to keep me going until we can go back.
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #12
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing a lovely holiday Joh
I've enjoyed following your TR

xxx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #13
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

The last day is always tinged with sadness

Really enjoyed reading this, it was worth the wait and now I'm off to read about the trip with Tony and Theresa.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #14
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

Great trip, can't believe how much you managed to cram in

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: