Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #46
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,252

Congrats!! Enjoy your Disneymoon!
__________________
Faith
AP. DVC. FL Res.
Our Swan and Dolphin Wedding!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #47
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyE821 View Post
Congrats! We got back from our Disneymoon on 6/10 and it was amazing! I bought the Just Married pins on ebay and was asked about them a lot by cast members and other couples on their honeymoon. We wore them pretty much all the time and also wore our ears quite a bit.

We got tons of congratulations, free desserts at a few places, personalized menus to keep from the Yachtsman, chocolates sent to our room from the hotel, lots of attention at Jellyrolls, and "Just Married" balloons from Beaches & Cream. Also some special treatment at La Cava del Tequila but that's nothing new...we're very loyal customers.

We also had a monorail driver one time who saw us get on and came to ask for our names. As we were riding he made an announcement that there were newlyweds on board and told everyone to congratulate us. We thought that was really sweet!

Louis is one of the Photopass people at Epcot, he took some really great pictures there when we got engaged and we were looking for him this time. He actually found us, we were walking along and he came running up behind us asking if we were on our honeymoon. He took us around to a few different countries and took tons of pictures...he's not one that just tells you where to stand and takes a couple shots, he sets up all these poses and really spends a lot of time if you're up for it. We talked to him a lot because it turns out he used to live on the same street in Boston that we used to live on!

One of the new things we tried was the wine tasting at Jiko, they do it every Wednesday afternoon. It was so much fun, really great wine (they are generous with it too!), and an awesome deal at $25/person or something like that. We loved it and will probably do it every time we go from now on. I highly recommend it!
That sounds awesome I wish we could say we were regulars at Disney!! I am hoping to make this an annual trip for us if the hubby loves it. He has never been, but I am sure he will fall in love. He is a five year old man hAHA I think I am going to look for some just married pins. I know technically we will be married for a couple months, but that is still newlyweds to me! Thanks for sharing,glad you had an amazing time!!!
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #48
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Congrats!! Enjoy your Disneymoon!
Thanks so much!!!
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #49
ValDawg
Earning My Ears
 
ValDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 62

Hi Julie! Congrats on your wedding! It looks like it was beautiful! Looks like we'll be on our Disneymoon's at about the same time! I'm reallyyyyyy looking foward to it! I'm getting married August 25 and heading down to Disney the morning of the 26th!

I've been all over the Just Married buttons thread already, cause I REALLY want some!! From what I can tell, there are some around...but they are really hard to find. It seems like people are happening upon them instead of looking for them. Random restaurants and some hotels are still giving them out, but nothing for sure.

I have a friend who happens to be an ex cast member that knows people in the parks and she's looked all around for me and had friends that are cast members look for me and she's come up empty

One of the posters on the just married buttons thread had a good idea, she bought just married buttons at hobby lobby, and I think (though definitely not as cute) when paired with the "Happily Ever After" buttons it would look nice...and get the point across! But I am hoping to find the actual buttons!

Also, be careful when trying to buy the buttons online, one of the posters said that they bought them on ebay, got them 5 weeks later (3 weeks after their honeymoon!) and only got one just married button instead of two and got like other random buttons, just engaged, or happily ever after or something. Rip off!! Congrats again!!
__________________
Me DH DB (Bird! My cockatiel!)



1985-1999 (Childhood trips!!) 2001-AS Sports 3/2008-ASMu 5/2009-OKW 5/2011-ASMu Disneymoon- 8/2012-BC ! 4/2013-BWV 8/2013 Anniversary Trip SSR10/2013 AKV 1/2014 AKV 3/2014 Birthday Trip! AKV 10/2014 OKW Upcoming 1/2015 BFF Bday Trip CSR 4/2015 Late Bday Trip BWV
ValDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #50
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValDawg View Post
Hi Julie! Congrats on your wedding! It looks like it was beautiful! Looks like we'll be on our Disneymoon's at about the same time! I'm reallyyyyyy looking foward to it! I'm getting married August 25 and heading down to Disney the morning of the 26th!

I've been all over the Just Married buttons thread already, cause I REALLY want some!! From what I can tell, there are some around...but they are really hard to find. It seems like people are happening upon them instead of looking for them. Random restaurants and some hotels are still giving them out, but nothing for sure.

I have a friend who happens to be an ex cast member that knows people in the parks and she's looked all around for me and had friends that are cast members look for me and she's come up empty

One of the posters on the just married buttons thread had a good idea, she bought just married buttons at hobby lobby, and I think (though definitely not as cute) when paired with the "Happily Ever After" buttons it would look nice...and get the point across! But I am hoping to find the actual buttons!

Also, be careful when trying to buy the buttons online, one of the posters said that they bought them on ebay, got them 5 weeks later (3 weeks after their honeymoon!) and only got one just married button instead of two and got like other random buttons, just engaged, or happily ever after or something. Rip off!! Congrats again!!
Congrats on the upcoming wedding hope you have a fabulous day!! I ended up ordering two Just Married buttons on ebay! We will see. The seller had all amazing ranks from plenty of buyers so I am hoping to get to two great pins for us Hope you have a great time!
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #51
Shan88
Earning My Ears
 
Shan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Spring Bay, IL
Posts: 20

Congrats to everyone! Future DH and I
will be disneymooning Sep 19th-22nd and
staying at the AoA resort. Then going on
The Fantasy for a 7night cruise.
We went to Disney to celebrate my 21st
Bday. They not only gave me a birthday pin,
but they also gave us just engaged,and just married
pins as well. (to wear in the future) I'm going to
have to dig out the just married ones since their
not so easy to find anymore.
Any who, I hope everyone has a beautiful
and exciting honeymoon!
__________________

Shan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #52
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan88 View Post
Congrats to everyone! Future DH and I
will be disneymooning Sep 19th-22nd and
staying at the AoA resort. Then going on
The Fantasy for a 7night cruise.
We went to Disney to celebrate my 21st
Bday. They not only gave me a birthday pin,
but they also gave us just engaged,and just married
pins as well. (to wear in the future) I'm going to
have to dig out the just married ones since their
not so easy to find anymore.
Any who, I hope everyone has a beautiful
and exciting honeymoon!
That sounds amazing. I wish we could take the cruise! Hope you have a fabulous time. WE are driving which is what I am excited about too because it adds an extra day at the end of each vacation! I just ordered two Just Married pins from Ebay, got them yesterday!!
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #53
ValDawg
Earning My Ears
 
ValDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
That sounds amazing. I wish we could take the cruise! Hope you have a fabulous time. WE are driving which is what I am excited about too because it adds an extra day at the end of each vacation! I just ordered two Just Married pins from Ebay, got them yesterday!!
I actually decided to order mine off ebay too! I saw you say you were going to try to buy them, and I thought shoot I'm going to try too! Especially when you said there was a good seller on there. I was getting tired of waiting and wondering if we'd be able to find them. I feel kinda stupid cause I paid $15 for 2 buttons that should be free, but I'm just glad I have them! It is $15 that makes me really happy, so I'm okay with that I got mine yesterday and they look great! They are definitely the right ones. Now, we'll just pair them with the Happily Ever After buttons and we'll be all decked out and ready to go!
__________________
Me DH DB (Bird! My cockatiel!)



1985-1999 (Childhood trips!!) 2001-AS Sports 3/2008-ASMu 5/2009-OKW 5/2011-ASMu Disneymoon- 8/2012-BC ! 4/2013-BWV 8/2013 Anniversary Trip SSR10/2013 AKV 1/2014 AKV 3/2014 Birthday Trip! AKV 10/2014 OKW Upcoming 1/2015 BFF Bday Trip CSR 4/2015 Late Bday Trip BWV
ValDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #54
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValDawg View Post
I actually decided to order mine off ebay too! I saw you say you were going to try to buy them, and I thought shoot I'm going to try too! Especially when you said there was a good seller on there. I was getting tired of waiting and wondering if we'd be able to find them. I feel kinda stupid cause I paid $15 for 2 buttons that should be free, but I'm just glad I have them! It is $15 that makes me really happy, so I'm okay with that I got mine yesterday and they look great! They are definitely the right ones. Now, we'll just pair them with the Happily Ever After buttons and we'll be all decked out and ready to go!
We must of used the same seller because that is what I paid for mine too!! They look awesome. I want to pair mine with a "Happily ever after" and if I am not mistaken they have "first time visitors" ones right? I want to give one of those to my husband.
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #55
ValDawg
Earning My Ears
 
ValDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
We must of used the same seller because that is what I paid for mine too!! They look awesome. I want to pair mine with a "Happily ever after" and if I am not mistaken they have "first time visitors" ones right? I want to give one of those to my husband.
They do look awesome! I'm so happy that I have them now and don't have to worry about trying to find them, and I know you feel the same! Yeah, they will give you the Happily Ever After ones since I'm sure you have your Honeymoon listed on your reservation, and then I know in the past they'll ask if it's someones first trip, and if it is they give you the "1st Visit!" button. If they don't ask just tell them when you check in!
__________________
Me DH DB (Bird! My cockatiel!)



1985-1999 (Childhood trips!!) 2001-AS Sports 3/2008-ASMu 5/2009-OKW 5/2011-ASMu Disneymoon- 8/2012-BC ! 4/2013-BWV 8/2013 Anniversary Trip SSR10/2013 AKV 1/2014 AKV 3/2014 Birthday Trip! AKV 10/2014 OKW Upcoming 1/2015 BFF Bday Trip CSR 4/2015 Late Bday Trip BWV
ValDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #56
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValDawg View Post
They do look awesome! I'm so happy that I have them now and don't have to worry about trying to find them, and I know you feel the same! Yeah, they will give you the Happily Ever After ones since I'm sure you have your Honeymoon listed on your reservation, and then I know in the past they'll ask if it's someones first trip, and if it is they give you the "1st Visit!" button. If they don't ask just tell them when you check in!
I agree We do have our honeymoon on the reservation, and also on all our dining ADR's.
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #57
livsmom04
DIS Veteran
 
livsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 609

My husband and I are going on our Disneymoon August 18-22nd. We just were married this past Friday at the local courthouse because we'd rather save our money for our Disneymoon and for the furniture in our new house. I'm hoping we can find the "Just Married" buttons too.
__________________
Jason (DH) Charlotte (Me) Olivia (DD) Yoda (dog)

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!



livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #58
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
My husband and I are going on our Disneymoon August 18-22nd. We just were married this past Friday at the local courthouse because we'd rather save our money for our Disneymoon and for the furniture in our new house. I'm hoping we can find the "Just Married" buttons too.
Hope you have a great time!! Good luck finding the pins. I ended up getting them on ebay, didn't want to risk not getting them once we were at Disney. Hope you let us know how your trip was when you get back!
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #59
darguel
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19

Congratulations to all the other soon to be married n Disneymooning couples! My fiance and I are getting married in October and will be at WDW frm 12 - 20 Nov for the first leg of our honeymoon! Anyone else Disneymooning in November?

Don't think there will be anymore 'just married' pins by then but hope the 'happily ever after' ones will adequately convey the message! It's also our first time to wdw, would it be an overkill to wear both or shld we just not bother with the first visit ones?
__________________
darguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #60
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by darguel View Post
Congratulations to all the other soon to be married n Disneymooning couples! My fiance and I are getting married in October and will be at WDW frm 12 - 20 Nov for the first leg of our honeymoon! Anyone else Disneymooning in November?

Don't think there will be anymore 'just married' pins by then but hope the 'happily ever after' ones will adequately convey the message! It's also our first time to wdw, would it be an overkill to wear both or shld we just not bother with the first visit ones?
Congrats I will let you know what kind of pins they have around when we go in September. I don't think it is overkill. I plan on *if i can convince him to* to wear both our just married and first visit ones! I have already been there, but he never has! I hope he will od it. I can just bribe him with something if I have to.
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.