Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

The "is it too soon for Disney" pre-trip report

Thought I would start now while I am feeling poorly as it might cheer me up and motivate me to get organised rather than the usual mad pre-holiday dash!

The Cast:

Nicky (me!) - aged 31 (eek), Full-time mummy and part-time nurse, loves all things Disney (especially princesses!) and this will be my third time at DLRP

Neil (DH) - aged 33, Spends his day making puter games, claims that he's "not that into Disney really", but loves the special effects, CGI etc! This is his second time at DLRP. Last time we went he drove us the whole way, this time he's said no!

Lottie (DD) - aged 6, but will turn 7 during our trip! Loves the Princesses and anything pink, purple and sparkly. This is her second time at DLRP.

Milly (DD) - aged 2 and this is her first trip! She loves Mickey, Minnie and anything that he big sister like!

The Plan!

Three days/4 nights at the Cheyenne from 1st-4th October 2012

The name!

Neil and I spent ages debating whether it was too soon to take Milly to Disney, would she remember it very well etc. Now the phrase seems to have stuck regarding anything to do with this trip (is it too soon to pack? Is it too soon to buy their surprise bags? - can you see a theme!)

So nothing has been set in concrete yet apart from the dates and Cafe Mickey on the 2nd, complete with birthday cake for Lottie!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
tinks_1989
need a like button

It is never too soon for Disney lol! We took DD when she was only 6 months and we were told she was too young wouldn't remember it! But we do all the memories from that are so special to us! Plus it is never too early to get them disbeu addicted lol! Xxx
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

it's never too early to start a pttr! really looking forward to hearing all your plans xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

Concrete Plans!

Well after much discussion, we've decided to not do the drive in one day. As it will only be Neil driving (I've still not passed my test!) and with a newly toilet trained toddler, it's not really fair on them to do the drive in a day. So, we've booked into the Premier Inn, Ashford for the Saturday night (29th Sept) for the bargain price of £29, and we'll meet up with some friends on the Saturday for dinner.

Eurotunnel crossing is booked for 10.40am on Sunday, leaving us plenty of time in the morning to get monsters up and sorted and a leisurely breakfast. Planning on stopping at the shops in Calais to stock up on a few things and then make our way down to Chessy where we are booked into a Comfort Inn (cheap and cheerful) for the night so that we can hit Disney first thing on Monday morning!

Disney it up for a few days and then we're catching the 20.40 eurotunnel crossing back on Thursday 4th Oct and crashing at the Travelodge, Ashford for the bargain of £20.12!

Soooooo excited, I've nearly let it slip a couple of times! I found Disney Trivial Pursuit for 50p in one of our local charity shops the other day and nearly told Lottie that we could play it on the Saturday evening before going to Disney!

I'm compiling everything into a folder at the mo - have made sure that health cards are applied for, insurance is sorted, Neil is sorting all the car junk and then I think that both girls need a new princess dress! Milly is obsessed with Rapunzel, so it's that dress for her, not sure about Lottie yet though!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

I agree, never too early for a trip report, or a visit to DLP

I think it helps to put your thoughts down somewhere in writing, and here is as good a place as any

Your lo's a gorgeous and I'm sure they'll love your surprise.

Happy planning
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #6
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

Well the plans have changed again lol! We're now going for 5 days/4 nights as it was cheaper to stay onsite for an extra night than in the Comfort Inn! We've also had our Eurotunnel crossing changed (to an hour earlier!).

My renewed passport arrived yesterday, Millys should be here by the end of the week and all the final bits of paperwork are done and just need to be photocopied (to leave with my parents) and filed!

The girls both have goodie bags, I'll take some pics in a bit once Lottie is at school. I'm also taking some of Ls birthday presents over and trying to plan her party for the day after we get home lol!

All exciting so far, and while we are there, Halloween season starts
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #7
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Very exciting! I'm sure you'll have the best time.
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

So planning is in full swing! Their costumes are in the machine at the mo! We've gone from this:

to this:

Lottie also has a Belle dress and cape as part of her birthday present. Milly seems to have a couple of extra costumes, but she's teeny and I've not tried them on her in a while, so am putting them in and we'll see what fits lol!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

Their goodie bags are packed:

Millys bag - Minnie T Shirt, Cinderella T Shirt, tin of cookies, cars chocolate bars, couple of pens, Minnie Mouse book for autograph collecting, small doodling pad, make your own tiara kit (think I'll regret that!), Cinderella story book and some gorgeous Rapunzel clips, Minnie Mouse grips and Minnie Mouse bracelet and necklace set by my very talented friends.

Lotties bag - Minnie T Shirt, tin of cookies, cars chocolate bars, couple of pens, Tinkerbell story book, Minnie Mouse book for autograph collecting, French travel book, small doodling pad, make your own tiara kit (think I'll regret that!) and a gorgeous Rapunzel clips, Minnie Mouse grips and Minnie Mouse bracelet and necklace set by my very talented friends.

Lottie also has a pile of birthday presents and Milly has a couple of presents to open so that she doesn't feel left out.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #10
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

And it's our SDD today - only nine sleeps to go!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: