Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
msheriffm
Mouseketeer

Kouzzina by Cat Cora

I have made reservations here for dinner. I have not seen many posts here about it. The trip advisory review score was 4 circles. I am trying to find a 1 table service restaurant near beach club.

I have read lots of your reviews and gotten some tips for you experts. I feel pretty good about my other choices - Tony's Town Square (D), 1900 Park Faire (D), Biergarten (L), Sci Fi(L), Whispering Canyons (D), Tusker House (B) and Captain's Grille (D). We are staying at the beach club but Cape May will be under refurbishment. We are a family of four with two girls 12 and 14. None of us are very experimental with food. We have eaten Greek food before - giros.

Please let me know what you think of my plans and especially about Kouzzina by Cat Cora. Thank you
msheriffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msheriffm View Post
I have read lots of your reviews and gotten some tips for you experts. I feel pretty good about my other choices - Tony's Town Square (D), 1900 Park Faire (D), Biergarten (L), Sci Fi(L), Whispering Canyons (D), Tusker House (B) and Captain's Grille (D). We are staying at the beach club but Cape May will be under refurbishment. We are a family of four with two girls 12 and 14. None of us are very experimental with food. We have eaten Greek food before - giros.
I read a couple negative reviews so I was worried, but the food and staff were excellent. The only complaint I had was that I wanted to try the wine flight and they were out of 2 of the 3. Everyone's tastes and expectations are different. Note that I'm not usually a wine drinker, but like to try new things when I'm at WDW.

Be prepared for cinnamon. Its in a lot of dishes, but delicious. Do not compare giros to the food served here. Might be like comparing hamburgers and steaks.

The menus are online if you want to check it out before hand. The bread, oil, and olives are very good.

I had the trio entree, which was fun to try different things.

I hear the appetizer with the spreads is great there, but we already had too much food that week and passed on it.

I dont want you to second guess your choices, but I'd recommend Kouzinna over Tony's... its very hit and miss. SciFi doesn't have great food either but you may enjoy the atmosphere.
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Kitchen is open and fun to watch if you have a table nearby.

Last edited by jkh1978; 03-20-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: duplicate
jkh1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Kouzzina serves some good food. Certainly much better than a place like Tony's.

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

I really like Kouzzina. The food has always been really good. The service has always been good too, though sometimes a little on the slow side.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

After the signature restaurants Kouzzina is on the top of our list! We've been twice for dinner in the last year and loved everything we had.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
GaPaige
Mouseketeer

It's one of my favorites!

Just engaged in front of the castle! 6/1/13

***Next trips: Dec 1st, then January 8th for DOPEY!!!
GaPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
msheriffm
Mouseketeer

Smile

I canceled the reservation to Tony's I wanted to eat in MK but changed my plans and we will eat at Le Cellar for lunch. We are arriving that morning and are staying at Beach Club. We will just walk over to Epcot and eat and then can decide to stay at Epcot or go to MK. I just had to think outside the box to come up with a solution. Really, I don't even like pasta that well so thanks for making me rethink this meal. I had wanted to originally eat dinner at Le Cellar but it was 2 table service credits and lunch is only one. I am much happier with this decision so thanks for your input. I also feel better about Kouzzina by Cat Cora. Now I think I have really finished my meal reservations! Hurray!!
msheriffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #9
beccawes7471
Mouseketeer

We ate there a week ago tomorrow. It got a thumbs up from all parties involved. Our only complaint was that it is very loud. I would def agree with the above post that this is not gyro style greek food. This is very good, more authentic, a bit more upscale food I guess. My husband and 12 year old both had the lamb shank and loved it. I had the chicken (cinnamon as also previosuly above) over orzo which was wonderful. My sil had a ribeye and our 2.5 year old had the grilled fish, orzo and green beans from the childrens menu. We also had the fried cheese appetizer and our waiter brought us a free order of calamari, both delicious. I had the greek salad as well, again great. No desserts even though we were on dining plan as our 2.5 year old was running on fumes, great service, we'll def be back.

1st trip to MK: Grad Nite 92
All Star Movies: 1/2004
SSR and 3 nght Wonder: 1/2006

Our first MNSSHP at OKW 10/2006
MVMCCP 12/08 Off-site
ASM and WWOHP 3/12
POR 2/14
beccawes7471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

We ate there in Oct for breakfast and dinner, pics and reviews are in Oct link in my signature.

The sangria is to die for, best on property and you can get it to go at the take out window on the BW

The food was good, nothing fantastic but good (dinner). We LOVED breakfast, I would def eat there again for either meal but would not go out of my way for the food...but I would go out of my way for the sangria
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: