Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #16
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Paula...It sounds like you had a great cruise. I love Disney Cruises like no other!!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #17
BeeTeacher
Mouseketeer

Thanks Goldee! I enjoyed your reports as well! Your wedding photos are beautiful!

1st Cruise 3 night DISNEY DREAM 2/2/12
Trip Report Our First Cruise
WDW: Too many times to count!

BeeTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #18
melsherard
Mouseketeer

So excited you have booked the March 16th cruise! We should have a blast! Great report!

4 night Wonder trip report Jan 2009
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2085074

7 night Mexican Riviera March 13, 2011
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2684268
melsherard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #19
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Loved the review!! I think you and I are alot alike!! I also am not a picky eater but now that I think of it there is rarely anything I ever eat that hits me with a gotta have it again! Even in WDW and I love WDW food..

Not looking fwd to those CC bathrooms, Im a bit of a germaphobe.. I bet my husband drags me on the aquaduck so Im glad you said it wasnt really fast..Im afraid I may feel clostraohobic(sp?) tho?

Girl I am the same way about a cover up, I am no longer poo sized but I feel better wearing a cover up when Im not in the water or laying out. You cant get me to walk across the pool area or beach with out it!

Im kinda wondering what the big deal is with the pirate party but then this will be my first DCL cruise..

Thanks so much for your lovely review!!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
BeeTeacher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Loved the review!! I think you and I are alot alike!! I also am not a picky eater but now that I think of it there is rarely anything I ever eat that hits me with a gotta have it again! Even in WDW and I love WDW food..

Not looking fwd to those CC bathrooms, Im a bit of a germaphobe.. I bet my husband drags me on the aquaduck so Im glad you said it wasnt really fast..Im afraid I may feel clostraohobic(sp?) tho?

Girl I am the same way about a cover up, I am no longer poo sized but I feel better wearing a cover up when Im not in the water or laying out. You cant get me to walk across the pool area or beach with out it!

Im kinda wondering what the big deal is with the pirate party but then this will be my first DCL cruise..

Thanks so much for your lovely review!!
Claustrophobic--I am also (which is why we got a veranda), and I was concerned with being enclosed on the Aquaduck. The tube is bigger than it looks (I was worried I'd get stuck in there like pooh in his door). There are 2 places where there is no top. And truly, it is all over so fast! It was loads of fun and I wished I could do it again. Next time I will go on it as much as I can. I truly laughed the whole way.

The weird thing about the pirate thing is that it was 2 separate events, and that is what made no sense to me. It's already pretty late, and keeping the kids up longer is just hard. The fireworks off the ship were cool, but not at all like a disney fireworks show--its really short. If you go, watch it from Currents bar, we could not see the stage show, but you can hear it and that was plenty.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #21
jtlover
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed your report with honesty. We are doing our first trip in September on deck 9 and am a bit apprehensive about motion sickness but hope I will be ok
Old 02-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #22
BeeTeacher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlover View Post
I enjoyed your report with honesty. We are doing our first trip in September on deck 9 and am a bit apprehensive about motion sickness but hope I will be ok
While there was a LOT of motion I did not get sick. I attribute this to the Meclazine (Bonine). I took one at 10pm the night before we embarked, then one that day after lunch. After dinner I had some nausea so the next day I took 2 (with that Yellow Bird--do not take it so close to having a drink!) and same the next day. While the motion was annoying, it didnt make me nauseated again.

The sea was not even that wavy--it was just the high winds.

Next time I would get a patch.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #23
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Paula - I really enjoyed your report and am so glad you and Dave had a great time! We love cruising and one day I would like to take a cruise with just DH But somehow I think my boys would rebel

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #24
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your positive, insightful review of your trip. I'm glad you had a great time. We leave in about a week from today

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #25
Mommytobree
Mouseketeer

How was the water in the Bahamas? Was it just cool or like freezing? I am debating between next Feb or April. I want to be able to swim though.

*Our Trips* 8/04 Off-site, 8/06 off-site, 8/07 off-site, 6/09 POP Century, 8/12 Art of Animation, 6/13 POFQ
Mommytobree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #26
BeeTeacher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommytobree View Post
How was the water in the Bahamas? Was it just cool or like freezing? I am debating between next Feb or April. I want to be able to swim though.
The water was very cold. Keep in mind we are floridians, and there was NO sun. The water is SO shallow that even had it been chilly out, the sun would warm the water up. I got in up to my knees and was not sitting down in it. Brr!

On serenity bay, you really can't swim--the water is shallow even very far out. We rented floats but never picked them up.

We cancelled our snorkel trip in fear of water being too cold, and am glad we did--a wet suit would have beeen in order!

Being from Mass, you might find the water okay. It seemed like what we have here year round in natural springs, which is a constant 72 degrees. Cold to us, maybe not so much northerners!

If you want to really swim and not just get wet, April is surely warmer. But feb is cheaper!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #27
queenreen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTeacher View Post
It was loads of fun and I wished I could do it again. Next time I will go on it as much as I can. I truly laughed the whole way.
The best thing we found out was to go after our late seating dinner. We walked on about 5 or 6 times each night!

Glad you had a good time, we have done a couple of 3 nighters and I thought I was in the minority by actually being able to enjoy myself on them.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #28
dawne98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTeacher View Post
Oh--and I am sure someone will ask, we did rebook a dummy date, and changed it today when we learned spring break dates for our County.

We're doing the 7 night Western on the Fantasy next March!

Can't hardly wait!
LOL I was going to ask lol
I too want to book a trip for May 2013 out of Miami 4 day, How much do you think I'll need to put down?

BTW LOVE your TR
dawne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #29
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Thank you for the great report and photos. We're on the Dream next month.
May I ask, where do you find the scooped (not soft) ice cream?
Thanks!
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #30
BeeTeacher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawne98 View Post
LOL I was going to ask lol
I too want to book a trip for May 2013 out of Miami 4 day, How much do you think I'll need to put down?

BTW LOVE your TR
You will need to put down 10% if you book onboard and they give a nice stateroom credit (we got $200 for the 7 nighter). Look at dates before you cruise so you will have some idea of when you want to go. We were at the desk so long I was annoyed with us when we finally sealed the deal!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: