Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
zendisney
The Dis is like potato chips... just one bite and your hooked
 
zendisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 580

Rumor: Fast Pass Restrictions?

For the record. I do not think Disney owes me anything.
I have enjoyed the parks. I will forever enjoy the parks.
The fast pass policy will not make or break my trips.

Last edited by zendisney; 02-23-2012 at 01:21 PM.
zendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendisney View Post
Say it ain't so...
Is it true?
Has anyone else heard about the new Fast Pass Restrictions?
We never arrive early on FP but we for sure show up hours later.
It makes park touring very convinient.
According to blurb I read gone are the times when you can arrive two hours later than your FP allows.
Kind of a bummer.
It rumored to start march 7 and now allows you to enter 5 min before your time and 15 min after they are know allowing the cms ley way if your late due to transportion or a ride break down. Just let the cm know and keep in mind they can call and find out so try not to lie or make it to big of a lie if you decide to.
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible
 
*NikkiBell*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,974
DISboards Moderator

I, for one, am definitely not happy about this. I take advantage of the "use the FP any time during that day" unspoken rule. It's more convenient especially when you have dining reservations. This is just going to add to the bull rush on the hour when the FP times are up.
__________________
Nikki
DIS Unplugged Forum Moderator & Blogger

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter






2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I, for one, am definitely not happy about this. I take advantage of the "use the FP any time during that day" unspoken rule. It's more convenient especially when you have dining reservations. This is just going to add to the bull rush on the hour when the FP times are up.
I hope they give the toy story maina cms in the am get extra help and helmets and safety equipment know that every guest in wdw will be running to get a better time. This mess up that ride I used to go in the morning get a fp then come back later in the day know I have to hope get one early and stay are get one that later on the day. Now you will have guest holding up the line trying to get the time they want and can use. If they do is then you should be able to get another fast pass sooner.
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess
 
WaltD4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 9,725

Are you serious????????? Wow. I've never seen a family fun destination work so hard to make your trip as difficult to have fun as possible. Any word as what you are supposed to do when you get a coveted TSM FP for the same time as your "can't cancel for any reason or I will be charged $10 per person" ADR?

You know.......Pete often questions what the tipping point for people is cost wise when it comes to a
Disney vacation, but I'm beginning to think my tipping point isnt going to have anything to do with the cost, but will have everything to do with attitude and policies.
__________________
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
Are you serious????????? Wow. I've never seen a family fun destination work so hard to make your trip as difficult to have fun as possible. Any word as what you are supposed to do when you get a coveted TSM FP for the same time as your "can't cancel for any reason or I will be charged $10 per person" ADR?
When fast pass came out they enforced the time then they decide not to not sure why they are doing it know. With the new policy they are giving the cms ley way so if that happens just plead your case and hopefully your have a nice cm or talk to a manager. But they most likely will only let you use a late one when it their fault due to being stuck on a broken ride or they will be nice when a guest can't get back due to transportion issues but that really will be it.

But I wonder if they are doing this to give out more fast passes or if later on in the day they could reopen the machine if they sell out. Because if they enforce it to a tee then they could give out more fast passes due to the fact they can control it more then I be fine with it. Because they are letting guest in 5 min early to try to help with the clog of early arrivals backing up the entrance.
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess
 
WaltD4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 9,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
When fast pass came out they enforced the time then they decide not to not sure why they are doing it know. With the new policy they are giving the cms ley way so if that happens just plead your case and hopefully your have a nice cm or talk to a manager. But they most likely will only let you use a late one when it their fault due to being stuck on a broken ride or they will be nice when a guest can't get back due to transportion issues but that really will be it.

But I wonder if they are doing this to give out more fast passes or if later on in the day they could reopen the machine if they sell out. Because if they enforce it to a tee then they could give out more fast passes due to the fact they can control it more then I be fine with it. Because they are letting guest in 5 min early to try to help with the clog of early arrivals backing up the entrance.
I didn't know the times were ever enforced like that, but I would assume they stopped because it's hard enough to schedule your day ahead of time, let alone having to then throw in working around strict FP times. So now you are going to have decide whether to miss a show or throw the FP away because it is for the same time as an ADR? You have no control over what time an FP is for, so again I ask....what if you have an ADR? Can you plead your case with the CM so they allow you to try for another FP? Sounds like this is going to make for some long lines at the FP machines and FP entrances while people "plead their case."
__________________
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
cindyland
Mouseketeer
 
cindyland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sonora, CA
Posts: 203

Which parks?

Is this only for DW or DL as well? It will change when we (and if) we decide to go. We were thinking summer, but part of our travel plan is to collect FPs in the morning, and use them later in the day. This is always our plan when the park gets crazy and all of the lines are long. I have searched all over the internet and can't find any articles. Frustrating.
__________________
Me - 46 DH -48 DS - 18 DD - 14 DD - 11

cindyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
I didn't know the times were ever enforced like that, but I would assume they stopped because it's hard enough to schedule your day ahead of time, let alone having to then throw in working around strict FP times. So now you are going to have decide whether to miss a show or throw the FP away because it is for the same time as an ADR? You have no control over what time an FP is for, so again I ask....what if you have an ADR? Can you plead your case with the CM so they allow you to try for another FP? Sounds like this is going to make for some long lines at the FP machines and FP entrances while people "plead their case."
Your right it will make longer lines at both and will mean that their need to be a cm just their to plead the case and one to check the times. I think that you will have to choose because the longer I think about it if they let one through due to an ADR they will have to let everyone in so it will be the same way. Unless they tell the cms internally they can let guest in due to an ADR issue a certain time after but keep it quiet to keep guest from abusing it. To make it fair you should be allowed to get another fast pass sooner so you can get on a ride and not have to pick between an ADR or getting on a ride.
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,404

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyland View Post
Is this only for DW or DL as well? It will change when we (and if) we decide to go. We were thinking summer, but part of our travel plan is to collect FPs in the morning, and use them later in the day. This is always our plan when the park gets crazy and all of the lines are long. I have searched all over the internet and can't find any articles. Frustrating.
So far it just say wdw the rumor is that Disney could put the policy in effect sooner or later then march 7 and make changes to the rumored policy. So they will train the cms then put in place then the guest will retrain the cms so it one two years depending on how many collage program kids they have working. we will have a policy that every cm will follows and one that guest will follow. Plus factor in all the new cms they will hire for fantasyland I just see a fun time ahead when guest go to complain they give them a fast pass to make up and then they can't use them so they go back and complain may be they get another fast pass or something else Disney will have to come with to give guest who complain about things.
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,003

I saw this reported on the iphone/ipad app for Magic WDW News tonight, they are reporting it is starting on March 7th and as the previous poster said would allow you to enter 5 mins before the time and up to 15 minutes late only
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??
 
Tamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 955

This is really disappointing. I didn't think the system was broken (except for TSM).
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #13
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer
 
lthiesfeld07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicagoland Area
Posts: 397

I understand why they have to start enforcing this, but I don't like it, especially when it comes to rides like Soarin' and Toy Story Mania. It's going to be a madhouse for those attractions.
I enjoy the flexibility of returning when I want to. If I have an ADR during my return time, do I not grab a fast pass? Do I just wait until after my ADR to get one?

I wonder why the change? Did Disney give a reason for this? It is really disappointing that they are enforcing this change.

I didn't always abuse this policy. I try to obey the return time as much as possible, but in those very few instances, it's been nice to have the flexibility.
__________________
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #14
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,404

I like the new system toy story mania started letting two people go up the single rider line it speeds up the line. So I don't think they are doing this to help toy story mania it to help the rides like buzz and Peter pan that have a hard time keeping the regular line moving with the fast pass line. They was not made to have fast pass they added it after and peter pan should never got a fast pass line yes the line was long before but not as long as it is now. Fast pass slows that ride down so much. The sad thing is this will effect toy story mania the most because of the fact of how many people run to te one and how quick they run out. Their proberly if not the number one of fast passes that sell out the quickest.
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #15
KimStaR
this water smells like splash mountain
 
KimStaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 524

There are always rumors that this "rule" is going to be changing. How do we know that this is not still a rumor? I hope it isn't true too. Guess we'll see.
__________________
KimStaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.