Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Cookingdisney.com

Hi All!

We had such a good time on our recent trip with our live interactive dining review that we decided to do a live cooking vidcast with requested recipes! Over on the other thread folks were requesting what they wanted us to order and we would order it and review it live, so now just let me know what you want us to try and cook and we will do our best to get it done!!!

Today was our first episode, and we made Le Cellier's Mushroom Risotto. I thought it turned out really really well. I am not a trained cook, although I do have a lot restaurant experience, so don't be surprised if I mess up every now and then!

The website it cookingdisney.com, but I just forwarded it to our YouTube channel. In case it hasn't taken hold yet, the direct link is http://www.youtube.com/user/CookingDisney?feature=mhee

I hope you enjoy the vidcast, and I would love suggestions on what to cook next week!

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

The new site is working fine (it forwards to YouTube anyway) and a great first video - I'm subscribed already (I'm the first!).

Now, how soon are you going to feel confident in trying something deliciously chocolaty?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The new site is working fine (it forwards to YouTube anyway) and a great first video - I'm subscribed already (I'm the first!).

Now, how soon are you going to feel confident in trying something deliciously chocolaty?

Andre
MMMMMMM! I'll give it a shot!!!!

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
Old 02-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
TuneTownMagic
Mouseketeer

What a fun idea! I bet the live reviews were so much fun. What was your favorite meal at WDW? And for future ideas of what to cook, I always wanted to know how Tonga Toast from Kona Cafe would be homemade!!

Very nice youtube video for the risotto. Do you think it would taste okay with vegetable or chicken stock instead of the beef?

Last edited by TuneTownMagic; 02-06-2012 at 08:43 PM.
TuneTownMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneTownMagic View Post
What a fun idea! I bet the live reviews were so much fun. What was your favorite meal at WDW? And for future ideas of what to cook, I always wanted to know how Tonga Toast from Kona Cafe would be homemade!!

Very nice youtube video for the risotto. Do you think it would taste okay with vegetable or chicken stock instead of the beef?
OOOOOOOH Tonga Toast!!! That's an idea!
My personal favorite meal at WDW this trip was the Rosemary Pork Chop from Captain's Grill. It was fan flipping tastic.

Yeah I think the risotto would be fine with chicken or veggie stock. It is 7 cups of stock, so it really tastes like the stock you cook it with. I can totally see a chicken stock in this with grilled chicken and zucchini.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
TuneTownMagic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkkinsmom View Post
OOOOOOOH Tonga Toast!!! That's an idea!
My personal favorite meal at WDW this trip was the Rosemary Pork Chop from Captain's Grill. It was fan flipping tastic.

Yeah I think the risotto would be fine with chicken or veggie stock. It is 7 cups of stock, so it really tastes like the stock you cook it with. I can totally see a chicken stock in this with grilled chicken and zucchini.
Interesting! I haven't been to Captain's Grill yet!

And I may just have to try that risotto recipe sometime!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Silly me got confused and posted on the old thread after watching your cooking Disney video.

You did a very nice job on it, and made it look quite easy to make the risotto, I think I may try my hand at it sometime in the near future.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
Tweevil
Twin Evils....

subscribed!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

You did an awesome job with the video, Emily! Made my mouth water....
Can't wait to see more. Great idea!
Hope to see you on the Cooking Channel in the near future when I can say I "knew" you when.....
Gretchen
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneTownMagic View Post
Interesting! I haven't been to Captain's Grill yet!

And I may just have to try that risotto recipe sometime!
Honestly, I was not looking forward to Captain's Grill. I wanted to go back to Kouzzina's but had promised to try something new. I am really glad I did, that Pork Chop was freakishly tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Silly me got confused and posted on the old thread after watching your cooking Disney video.

You did a very nice job on it, and made it look quite easy to make the risotto, I think I may try my hand at it sometime in the near future.
Definitely start working on your triceps. It's a lot of stirring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweevil View Post
subscribed!
Welcome! Do you have a vote for Monday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
You did an awesome job with the video, Emily! Made my mouth water....
Can't wait to see more. Great idea!
Hope to see you on the Cooking Channel in the near future when I can say I "knew" you when.....
Gretchen
Awwwww You're awesome!

Old 02-09-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

I got to enjoy Kouzzina's once, and it was amazing. I know they had like a mac and cheese kind of dish, but it was on the adult menu as a side item and the mash potatoes, both were really really good.

Le Cellier's is still one of my favorite places to eat at, although there's a hundred videos and websites for the cheddar cheese soup. I'm still trying to figure out the cheese and beer used to give it it's flavor, I haven't quite hit it right.

I'd love to see a salmon entree prepared. It's one of my favorite things to cook at home, but it's not something I've ordered while at Disney.

Can you make any of the breads from Le Cellier's? I love the grain bread.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
H20DogsNDisney
DIS Veteran

check in

Hallie
H20DogsNDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #13
Rabscuttle
Mouseketeer

I really enjoyed your video Emily. You made making risotto look easy. I have a question; Are you cooking in your kitchen at home? It looks like you have a professional chef's kitchen. I would love to see you do the pork chop recipe. My pork chops are always dry and chewy. I buy pork loin too so I could use your expertise.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #14
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

Do you have a site with the recipes listed? Or do you just have the videos? I would love to see a recipe written down. If you don't have them, where do you get them?
worm761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #15
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandrA9810 View Post
I got to enjoy Kouzzina's once, and it was amazing. I know they had like a mac and cheese kind of dish, but it was on the adult menu as a side item and the mash potatoes, both were really really good.

Le Cellier's is still one of my favorite places to eat at, although there's a hundred videos and websites for the cheddar cheese soup. I'm still trying to figure out the cheese and beer used to give it it's flavor, I haven't quite hit it right.

I'd love to see a salmon entree prepared. It's one of my favorite things to cook at home, but it's not something I've ordered while at Disney.

Can you make any of the breads from Le Cellier's? I love the grain bread.
I too heart Kouzzina! The lamb burger makes me all giggly inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20DogsNDisney View Post
check in
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
I really enjoyed your video Emily. You made making risotto look easy. I have a question; Are you cooking in your kitchen at home? It looks like you have a professional chef's kitchen. I would love to see you do the pork chop recipe. My pork chops are always dry and chewy. I buy pork loin too so I could use your expertise.
Actually I am in my church's kitchen. The folks upstairs are very excited about this coming Monday, that risotto didn't last very long if you know what I mean.

I will definitely have to try the Rosemary Pork Chop, that really was in my top 3 of this trip...... maybe the very top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm761 View Post
Do you have a site with the recipes listed? Or do you just have the videos? I would love to see a recipe written down. If you don't have them, where do you get them?
I do not have a site with recipes. I am taking them straight from allears.net. I will always say in the beginning of the vid where the recipe comes from. I guess I should do show notes, too. I will go in tonight and put the link in the description of the video.

Thanks for following, ya'll!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: