Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #346
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

We have some time as we're not going till Xmas, but will be on a budget.

Looking at how to get to the beach next to the airport to hang there for a little bit while the planes land or depart, and looking at getting our passports stamped. Bus or cab? (It's 4 of us) and anyone knows where we can get the stamps?

Knowing my boys, they'll want to just do this during the morning and go back to the ship for lunch. DW and I will probably stay ashore shopping a little bit - mostly postcards and she's a big postcrosser.

TIA.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:26 AM   #347
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
We have some time as we're not going till Xmas, but will be on a budget. Looking at how to get to the beach next to the airport to hang there for a little bit while the planes land or depart, and looking at getting our passports stamped. Bus or cab? (It's 4 of us) and anyone knows where we can get the stamps? Knowing my boys, they'll want to just do this during the morning and go back to the ship for lunch. DW and I will probably stay ashore shopping a little bit - mostly postcards and she's a big postcrosser. TIA.
We just grabbed a cab to Maho beach. Your boys will love it...mine sure did. I think you need to give your passports to Guest Services the night before a port, and they get them stamped for you. You see, we did not know this at all, and now we have no stamps in our passports!
carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 AM   #348
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
We just grabbed a cab to Maho beach. Your boys will love it...mine sure did. I think you need to give your passports to Guest Services the night before a port, and they get them stamped for you. You see, we did not know this at all, and now we have no stamps in our passports!
Thanks! Any ideas on the cost of a cab?

Regarding passport stamps, the only one that DCL would do was for CC - I thought it would actually say something like it, but it's just a Bahamas stamp similar to the one we got at Nassau.

On Grand Cayman, the office was right next to the place where you board. On Cozumel, we could not find where to go do it.

Our cruise is Itinerary C - stops at CC, San Juan and St. Maarten.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:31 AM   #349
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Thanks! Any ideas on the cost of a cab? Regarding passport stamps, the only one that DCL would do was for CC - I thought it would actually say something like it, but it's just a Bahamas stamp similar to the one we got at Nassau. On Grand Cayman, the office was right next to the place where you board. On Cozumel, we could not find where to go do it. Our cruise is Itinerary C - stops at CC, San Juan and St. Maarten.
We paid the driver for a tour around the island that lasted about 4 hours, so I have no idea how much it would be just to the beach. We paid $25 per person. The driver was amazing, because she knew the history of just about everything and showed us some interesting places.
carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #350
suyama
Earning My Ears

We're planning a eastern Caribbean cruise for next spring. In Puerto Rico, has anyone done the Castillo-san-cristobal-featuring-youth-activity excursion? Is it worth the cost vs. just touring on own? Also, we have a DS4 who would love to do this with his older siblings. Are they at all flexible on ages?
Old 06-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #351
EeyoreJMH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaflyboy View Post
For those that did the 12m Regatta in St. Martin - when you get back, is there time to see the rest of the island? Mainly would like to go to the border as well as Maho Beach to see the planes.

Also at Castaway Cay - does anyone have a review of the Watercraft Ski Adventure – Single Rider excursion? Is it worth it? We've never done jet skis before.
My husband has done this a couple of times and enjoyed it. It wasn't a crazy ride or anything. For him, it was about the same as riding the jet ski on our local pond. They take you out in a line to a sandbar area. You go right past the ship, which is an interesting view!

Oct 2014: Food & Wine & Fantasy Eastern
January 2015: DH WDW Marathon & Castaway Challenge on Dream
EeyoreJMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #352
Belle6000
Mouseketeer

We are going on the Fantasy in Jan. 2015 so this is a very helpful thread!!

I'm looking at doing the Caribbean Sea Safari and beach tour in St. Thomas. Has anyone done that one? It takes you to snorkel Buck Island and Honeymoon Beach (Water Island) I believe. I'm wondering if Honeymoon Beach gets crowded when there are several ships in port.

There are going to be 6 ships in port that day so I'm wondering how crowded all the beaches will be. I was thinking about doing the Trunk Bay excursion, but I figured with that many ships in port it would be really crowded. Does anyone know? I have no idea how many Trunk Bay can handle.

In San Juan I think we are just going to explore on our own. If anyone has any tips for that I'd love to hear them! I'm not sure if we need to get a taxi or if we can walk. I've heard the forts are a must see. I'm just not sure how to get to them.

DL:Sept 2011 Paradise Pier
Disney Magic 7 nt: Sept 2012
Belle6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #353
pjpoppins
Mouseketeer

How did you find out how many ships would be in port? Did you just go to each company's website or is there a website for that?

pjpoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #354
kimerinc
Ariels Mom

Following
1994 RCCL 3 Day, 1998 Princess 7 Day Western Carribean, 2000 RCCL 10 day Hawaii, 2005 RCCL 6 Day Western Carribean, 2006 DCL 7 Day Double Dip, 12/8/2007 Eastern Carribean, 2009 DCL Panama Canal Crossing, 2010 DCL Alaska, 2011 DCL Alaska
Disneyland 1992, 1994, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 twice. Disneyworld, 2002, 2006 (feb), 2006(dec), 2011, 2012, 2013
kimerinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #355
Mickeys Carol
Mouseketeer

Le Galion Beach St. Martin

While docked at St. Martin, we took a taxi to Le Galion beach. It is absolutely beautiful. It is on the French side and most people spoke French. It is quiet. The water is shallow. You can rent chairs and umbrellas and buy food and drinks. They accept American dollars and convert them into Euros. I would for sure recommend this beach to families with small children.
Mickeys Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:56 AM   #356
jjharts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom75 View Post
Has anyone done the Seaworld Explorer tour on St. Maarten? If so, does the tour start in the morning? Was hoping to possibly do the tour in the morning and then have time to go to Great Bay beach afterwards, if time. I think my 2 kids (7 and 3) would like this tour and it doesn't seem to take up a ton of the day (if it leaves in the a.m.).

We did this tour a few weeks ago. Ours didn't leave until 11:45 so it took up most of the afternoon (the bus that was supposed to pick us up was late so that set our tour back even later). I assume that there is a morning cruise offered as we had to wait for the boat to get back to the dock and unload before our tour could start. The bus ride takes awhile but you can get off in town on the way back and go to Great Bay beach. We had enough time to grab a bite before catching a water taxi back to the boat. We were going to walk the boardwalk or hang out on the beach but it was really hot and the kids were cranky. The tour was okay but not one of my favorites. I think we would have had a better time just going to the beach, but it was nice to play on the ship in the a.m. while everyone else was ashore.
10/2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 6/2014- Fantasy eastern Caribbean/Bay Lake Towers, 6/2013 - abd Scotland, 12/2012 - Grand Californian, 6/2012 - Magic (Canada), 9/2011 - Bay Lake Towers, 6/2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Vero Beach, 4/2010 - Grand Californian/Paradise Pier/Disneyland Hotel, 12/2009 - Poly/AKL/Wonder, 6/2008 - Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom/Boardwalk, 2005 - Wilderness Lodge/Polynesian/Wonder, 2003 - Polynesian/Animal Kingdom Lodge, 1994 & 1976 - offsite
jjharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #357
Belle6000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpoppins View Post
How did you find out how many ships would be in port? Did you just go to each company's website or is there a website for that?
I found it on this website: http://ports.cruisett.com/

DL:Sept 2011 Paradise Pier
Disney Magic 7 nt: Sept 2012
Belle6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #358
1Winston
Mouseketeer

I'm also following as we will also be there in Jan but have young children under 5 so can not do any of the disney beach excursions to St John
1Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #359
pjpoppins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle6000 View Post
I found it on this website: http://ports.cruisett.com/
Thanks!

Old 07-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #360
pjpoppins
Mouseketeer

Just booked Bernard's Tour II for 11/12/14!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: