Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2014, 07:26 AM   #316
tiffany2009
Mouseketeer

bump!
[SIZE="2"]Hilton Downtown Disney Feb 2000 * Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Disney May 2001 * Hyatt Grand Cypress September 2006 * Contemporary September 2008 * Yacht Club May 2009 * Port Orleans Riverside/Saratoga Springs September 2009 * Animal Kingdom Kidani Village April 2010 * Polynesian September 2010 * Disney Dream Bahamas/Yacht Club March 2011* Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera January 2012 * Buena Vista Palace/Grand Floridian August 2012 * All Star Vacation Home Sept 2012 * Wyndam Grand Bonnet Creek/Old Key West Feb/March 2013 * Animal Kingdom Kidani Village October 2013 * Disney Fantasy Eastern Carribean March 2014 * Ft. Wilderness June 2014
tiffany2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #317
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
We just had the best excursion on St. Martin during our New Years Eve cruise. Soualiga Destinations run by Captain Bob Cass is an excellent way to spend your time on the Island. Capt Bob has a few speed boats that will take you around the island to various snorkeling excursions and a excellent lunch in Grand Case. Our captain for the day was Chris and even though we had rough seas he was able to get us through to all of the sites. http://www.soualigadestinations.com/...s/Welcome.html
Do you mind if I ask the general price range for these? It sounds awesome, but also very pricey.
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2014, 06:13 AM   #318
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
Do you mind if I ask the general price range for these? It sounds awesome, but also very pricey.
It was a $99/person. I didn't think it was too bad for a 6-hour excursion that included lunch. It also included beer/soda/water on the boat.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:17 AM   #319
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
It was a $99/person. I didn't think it was too bad for a 6-hour excursion that included lunch. It also included beer/soda/water on the boat.
Thanks!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #320
the5wills
Earning My Ears

beach question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Sloan View Post
We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. We went to Divi bay in St. Maarten and Magen's bay in St. Thomas. They were both wonderful. Divi bay was very quite and away from all the people constantly trying to sell you stuff. Magen's bay was very calm waters and you could see the fish. It was busy, but we went to the end of the beach and it was better and pretty quiet. I really wanted to check out St. John's beaches, but was very happy in St. Thomas. They were both great for swimming for my 6 and 8 year olds.
thanks for this information. We will be stopping at both St Thomas and St Marrten in October on our cruise and trying to decide which beach at which one of these islands. I have 3 kids (3,6,9) so was wondering which one you would recommend over the other if we only had 1 beach day. Really looking for less crowded beach but needs foods/restrooms/etc.... Also wondered about how long of a taxi ride to each. Thanks In Advance
the5wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:53 AM   #321
bvpascoe
Disney Fan

Has anyone booked a charter boat in St. Thomas? I've found a few online and have asked TA to look into but I'd love some recommendations from this group.

We are a party of 6 which is the max for most of them & perfect for us. Want to do 2 snorkel spots. Thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #322
Cheerio
Welcomed Guest
Has adorable photos in her signature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Not sure if this review was posted earlier but...
St Thomas, Adventure Snorkel Tour on Sea Blaster

Description/link from DCL site; http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...ter-st-thomas/

Link to review w/pics by biohaz man; http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ht=sea+blaster

HTH someone
We did this excursion two weeks ago and it was amazing! I am working on my trip report but I can say we will go again should we ever be in St Thomas, it was short, so we had half a day to spend shopping - there was a lot to see and rum punch was awesome. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...ter-st-thomas/
Disney Fantasy February 2014 - Trip Report (in progress)

Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #323
LV Disney Fan(atic)
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." - WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvpascoe View Post
Has anyone booked a charter boat in St. Thomas? I've found a few online and have asked TA to look into but I'd love some recommendations from this group.

We are a party of 6 which is the max for most of them & perfect for us. Want to do 2 snorkel spots. Thanks
We've gone out with High Pockets twice and can highly recommend them. Cpt Kathleen is wonderful and prepares a fabulous lunch. She'll happily take you to 2 snorkel spots and will make recommendations depending on the weather and what you want to see. Both times my priority was to see some turtles and both times we found them! We had a great time and if we go to St Thomas again we'll book with her again; can't think of a better way to spend the day there. If you want more information you can check out http://www.sailhighpockets.com/
Old 02-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #324
bvpascoe
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV Disney Fan(atic) View Post
We've gone out with High Pockets twice and can highly recommend them. Cpt Kathleen is wonderful and prepares a fabulous lunch. She'll happily take you to 2 snorkel spots and will make recommendations depending on the weather and what you want to see. Both times my priority was to see some turtles and both times we found them! We had a great time and if we go to St Thomas again we'll book with her again; can't think of a better way to spend the day there. If you want more information you can check out http://www.sailhighpockets.com/
Thank you very much! Repeat customer says a good deal
Old 02-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #325
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV Disney Fan(atic) View Post
Do you mind me asking the cost? We are a party of 3 and this looks amazing! Wondering if it's not very cost effective with fewer people.
AnotherPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #326
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Has anyone ever done Captain Alan's boats/snorkeling in St. Maarten? It looks good and they guarantee to have you back to your ship in time.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #327
LV Disney Fan(atic)
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." - WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Do you mind me asking the cost? We are a party of 3 and this looks amazing! Wondering if it's not very cost effective with fewer people.
Well, 'cost effective' is relative (just ask my husband!) It's definitely not a cheap excursion, but it is a 6 hour sail with lunch included and we thought it was more than worth it. We paid $130 pp (3 of us) in March 2013, plus the taxi to and from the pier. She won't take more than 6 people and the price per person is the same whether she takes 2 people or 6 people (both times we shared the boat with very nice other parties of 3). Below is the email Kathleen sent me after my most recent inquiry; it has lots of additional info.

Hi there! I recognize your names. We'd love to sail with you again. Thank-you so much for thinking of us. Yes, I will take a reservation this early from repeat guests. We look forward to seeing you, *** and *** again. Let me remind you about our day.

High Pockets will sail with a minimum of two to a maximum of six guests, leaving the crowds behind. Your day includes everything! You just bring towel, sunscreen, swimsuit, identification and cameras (underwater ones too!). That's it, we provide the rest. An open bar with a wide variety of beverages quenches your thirst. The sailing is world class and the sightseeing is spectacular! Our destinations vary day to day, depending on you. wind, current, and sea conditions. I make sure to find a calm cove for all water fun. Most often we find ourselves within St John's National Park. For snorkeling, we provide quality gear (or bring your own) with experienced instruction and swim vests that make snorkeling fun and easy for everyone. The snorkeling is fantastic and often our guests will spot sea turtles among other fascinating sea life (check out the 4th page of our website). Don't wish to snorkel? No worries! You may relax in sun or shade aboard our spacious yacht with a Rum Swizzle in hand, listening to island music while taking in the beautiful sights. Or, perhaps beach comb ..... it's up to you. Of course we offer all amenities, such as a clean bathroom and changing room, for everyone's convenience.

Fine dining afloat. We serve you our specially prepared entree while you relax in our shaded, cushioned cockpit. Lunch is tender medallions of marinated grilled chicken breast served with linguini in a light lemon herb sauce of fresh squeezed lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil, dusted with herbs from my garden. Our salad of crisp greens is tossed with chunks of fresh apples, pears, sweet dried cranberries and feta cheese with my own vinaigrette. French bread and Irish butter round out the feast. A splash of Chardonnay perhaps? Fresh cut flowers, cloth napkins, and wine goblets complete the perfect picnic. Dessert? My famous homemade rum cake is served during our leisurely sail home.

Our full day sails from 9:30 AM to around 3:30 PM. I will meet you in Red Hook at American Yacht Harbor Marina on 'A' dock, by the tall flag pole. The rate is $140 per person Visa or Master Card. You may wish to participate in our cash discount program of $130 per person. Cash gratuity for mate at your discretion. Should you wish a private sail, we can discuss rates. I am sorry we no longer accept Travelers Checks due to the difficulty of processing them.

To make a reservation, we just need a Master Card or Visa to hold your day. The name as it reads on the card, the number, the expiration date and the last three digits on the back of the card. You can send two or three separate emails for security. Alternatively, I could call you, just provide your phone number or you may call us at your convenience. Our phone numbers are 340-715-2812 direct cell phone 340-690-0587. We do not charge your card, unless you wish to use it, then please bring it with you. I will send you a boarding pass via email. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours to avoid penalty of full payment. Of course we understand emergencies. We do not charge your card if your ship diverts from St Thomas for any reason. Please include the name of the ship in which you are cruising. In addition, I would appreciate a phone number where you can be reached.

Taxi information: We are just a 20-25 minute scenic taxi ride from your ship. Should you wish, I can arrange our taxi group, led by Mrs Hastings, to pick you at your ship in their air conditioned van to bring you to me and then pick you up at the end of our sail. The Hastings will have a sign with 'High Pockets' on it. Their service is excellent. Rates are the mostly the same as all the taxis, but the convenience is great! Taxi fares are set by the island's Taxi Association at about $10 to $12.50 cash per person, each way, depending on where your ship docks. Taxi fares are subject to change without notice.

So much information! Please feel free to print our emails for use on vacation. Thanks again for your inquiry.

Cheers,
Kathleen
Old 02-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #328
bvpascoe
Disney Fan

Thank you for sharing all this info. I agree husbands often have differing opinion of 'reasonable'

I will definitely check her out - I think was in my initial findings.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #329
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Going on our first Eastern after 5 Western & Bahamas. Great reading through these. Lots of choices!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #330
wfbnancy
Mouseketeer

Has anyone done the island drive and explorer cruise?
wfbnancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: