Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

Checking In Online: PAT vs Dining Reservations

Hello all! Our window for checking in online opens this evening so I want to be prepared.

We will be traveling with extended family and have four staterooms that are linked. I will be checking all of us in and also taking care of dining reservations for all of the adults in our party which include Palo brunch, Palo dinner and Remy dinner. We've already booked non DCL excursions so we don't need to worry about that.

Is it better to select our PAT first, followed by dining? Palo brunch is very popular so not sure whether I should try to snag that first or not before moving on to select our PAT.

I understand that they hold back slots for onboard booking but I'd like to have everything lined up if at all possible so as not to have to make a beeline to Guest Services upon boarding.
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castillo Mom View Post
Hello all! Our window for checking in online opens this evening so I want to be prepared.

We will be traveling with extended family and have four staterooms that are linked. I will be checking all of us in and also taking care of dining reservations for all of the adults in our party which include Palo brunch, Palo dinner and Remy dinner. We've already booked non DCL excursions so we don't need to worry about that.

Is it better to select our PAT first, followed by dining? Palo brunch is very popular so not sure whether I should try to snag that first or not before moving on to select our PAT.

I understand that they hold back slots for onboard booking but I'd like to have everything lined up if at all possible so as not to have to make a beeline to Guest Services upon boarding.
If the Palo dining is the most important thing, then go for that first. It's quite likely that early PATs (if that's what you're going for) will be available. I know that many first time cruisers have been able to select the earliest window, even at only 75 days out. And others have reported not actually doing their check in until later in the day when their window opened and still getting an early PAT. And, even if you don't get exactly the same PAT, it's bound to be, most likely, the 2 windows next to each other (only a 15 minute difference)

If all of your rooms are linked, then you will be able to select those eligible (adult) for the adult dining from all the rooms while making the first reservation. But, I believe, each reservation has to select their own PAT during the check in process.

In your shoes, I'd probably do 1) Palo brunch; 2) Palo dinner; 3) Remy dinner; 4) Online check in. One note, you must complete all previous pages (something like 5 or 6 of them) before the PAT page will "unlock". Now, "completion" could be the default answer, correct information; gibberish, but something must be entered. You can go back to correct any "misinformation" later.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

Fabulous, this is exactly the info I needed. Thank you so much!
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: