Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
LeslieG
DIS Veteran

Platinum check-in at Port Canaveral

This will be my first cruise as Platinum. Is there a special area/line at Port Canaveral for check-in?
LeslieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

There used to be but I'm not sure if they still have it or not. Depending on the cruise, the regular/regular CC line can be shorter.
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
TexasMouseFan
Mouseketeer

Congrats on making Platinum!

Yes there is. It is on the right side of the terminal next to the kids club checkin area.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Use the concierge line, I was concierge but platinum were checking in on the same line,
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #5
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Yep, Platinum and Concierge check in at the same place. Back right of the terminal.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Agree with mmouse37.

This is a completely separate line from the normal CC line. There will likely only be a couple of other parties ahead of you. Very quick.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #7
DISNEY FANTASY

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Yes,

It works a bit like airline check in and first class,

There are two or three check in agents assigned to Concierge and Platinum, so you rarely wait ( bar Vancouver that's a different story), if no concierge or Platinum cruisers are in the line they then take a family at a time from the oilers lines, but will all go dedicated to C&P as soon as people join that line.
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #8
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
Yes,

It works a bit like airline check in and first class,

There are two or three check in agents assigned to Concierge and Platinum, so you rarely wait ( bar Vancouver that's a different story), if no concierge or Platinum cruisers are in the line they then take a family at a time from the oilers lines, but will all go dedicated to C&P as soon as people join that line.
At PC, I've never seen them send non-Concierge/Platinum's over to that line.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieG View Post
This will be my first cruise as Platinum. Is there a special area/line at Port Canaveral for check-in?
When you get to top of the escalator at Port Canaveral it's all the way back on the right. See the little circle directional signs on some of the big white posts here? The one a-l-l-l-l the way in the back on the right is for the Concierge/Platinum checkin:

When you get there:

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984

Last edited by PrincessShmoo; 11-08-2014 at 06:28 PM.
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #10
Time4disney
Mouseketeer

Another first time platinum check in question

I will be cruising platinum for the first time in February. I will have non platinum family members checking in with us but are staying in a different cabin. Will they be able to check in with us at the platinum members desk or will they have to check in at the castaway members club line?
Old 11-09-2014, 01:31 AM   #11
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
We were pulled over to the Concierge/Platinum line once out of the CC line. I think it was our 2nd cruise on Disney. It was just DH and I and a CM from Comcierge/Plarinum area came over and got us. There were no other guests checking in there at the time. I have no idea why we were chosen. A little sprinkling of pixie dust, I guess. Once we were checked in we had to go back and wait for our boarding number to be called, a short wait since we had a relatively low number.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:02 AM   #12
Dizzyworld
DIS Veteran

Location: Towson, MD---930 miles too far from my happy place!

I thought they had stopped having platinum check in at the concierge area? I remember hearing about people being turned away by cast members if they were platinum. Because of that we just went to the regular CC check in line. Hmmm.
Poly - 1/85, 6/02, 8/07, 8/08, 10/09 (Food & Wine Festival & MNSSHP), 8/10 ~~~ BC - 8/00, 7/09 ~~~ YC - 8/03 ~~~ WL - 12/02, 1/15 ~~~ AKL - 8/04, 12/04 ~~~ Contemporary - 8/08 ~~~ Swan - 12/05, 8/06 ~~~ POFQ - 8/07 ~~~~ Dolphin 12/13 ~~~ Off-Site - 3/89

DCL Magic - 8/01 (Eastern), 8/04 (Eastern), 8/06 (Western- Double Dip), 7/09 (Eastern - Tortola)
DCL Wonder - 6/02, 8/07, 8/08 (Double Dip)

DCL Dream - B2B - 7/11 & 8/11, 3/13, 12/13
DCL Fantasy - 6/12 (Western)
1/15 (Eastern)
Dizzyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:53 AM   #13
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disney View Post
I will be cruising platinum for the first time in February. I will have non platinum family members checking in with us but are staying in a different cabin. Will they be able to check in with us at the platinum members desk or will they have to check in at the castaway members club line?
I'm also interested to know the answer to this.
Hoping someone who has done this will be able to answer.

TIA,

Karen
Old 11-09-2014, 03:19 AM   #14
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld View Post
I thought they had stopped having platinum check in at the concierge area? I remember hearing about people being turned away by cast members if they were platinum. Because of that we just went to the regular CC check in line. Hmmm.
We are Platinum (hurray) and always check in at the Concierge Desk. This was as recent as a couple months ago. Love being able to check in whenever we arrive at the port. So relaxing. We love getting on the ship early and head up to lunch right away. Mmmmm crab legs.
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:34 AM   #15
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
In the past they did it to us when we were not concierge there was no queue there so took us over, and see quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
We were pulled over to the Concierge/Platinum line once out of the CC line. I think it was our 2nd cruise on Disney. It was just DH and I and a CM from Comcierge/Plarinum area came over and got us. There were no other guests checking in there at the time. I have no idea why we were chosen. A little sprinkling of pixie dust, I guess. Once we were checked in we had to go back and wait for our boarding number to be called, a short wait since we had a relatively low number.
TBH right place right time, if no one is in the C&P line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disney View Post
Are the reservations linked? As long as it's just you and not a enlarged family they would do it, ie if it's say two cabins and one is Platinum they would do it, if say it was four cabins and one Platinum no.
* Disney Magic -

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: