Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #91
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Love the latest ideas. Especially the uplighting gradually changing colours.
Thank you! Hopefully the lighting thing can work out. We'll see how it goes when we get down to costs!

Married at the Wedding Pavilion & Grand Floridan - 2013

Disney Fantasy - October 2013 Honeymoon!
Disney Wonder - November 2014 Anniversary Trip

Expedition Everest Challenge - 2012
Disney Princess Half Marathon - 2012
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2013

Way too many WDW trips to count!
tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #92
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

I Should Be Sleeping!

So, we leave for WDW super early in the morning and I'm so excited! I should definitely be sleeping right now but whatever. I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have been reading along so far. You've really made this process so much fun so far and I am very thankful. Site visit and trip details when we get back!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #93
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

What kind of a person could possibly be able to sleep when they are going to Disney the next day? LOL

Look forward to when you get back and hearing all the details.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #94
DisneyBrideCKB
Mouseketeer

I know you're off gallivanting around Disney right now, but I wanted to say have a GOOD TRIP! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE you're planning board ideas! You and I are going for the same bridesmaid dress! I'm not even joking! Great minds think alike! I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Kathryn & Charles PJ!
October 6th, 2012
WDW, WP / GF
DisneyBrideCKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #95
Wshs0127
Mouseketeer

Joining in....love everything so far. I'm another 2013 bride, I get to book my date next month. I hope you are enjoying your site visit and I hope the parks aren't too crowded for you.
Wshs0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #96
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
What kind of a person could possibly be able to sleep when they are going to Disney the next day? LOL

Look forward to when you get back and hearing all the details.
Haha! I don't know what kind of person that would be but it's definitely not me!

Details coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideCKB View Post
I know you're off gallivanting around Disney right now, but I wanted to say have a GOOD TRIP! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE you're planning board ideas! You and I are going for the same bridesmaid dress! I'm not even joking! Great minds think alike! I can't wait to see how it all turns out!
Thank you! We had a blast! I'm glad you like everything! How gorgeous are those BM dresses? You have great taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshs0127 View Post
Joining in....love everything so far. I'm another 2013 bride, I get to book my date next month. I hope you are enjoying your site visit and I hope the parks aren't too crowded for you.
Yay for 2013! I'm jealous you get to book your date soon. I have to wait until October! Thanks so much for reading!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #97
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Wow! Your Sleeping Beauty theme is amazing and beautiful. The inspiration board really gives us a good idea of what it will be like. And those clouds down the isle! Gah!!!! I am in love. Great idea! If I wasn't already deep into the Little Mermaid theme I would totally do the Sleeping Beuaty idea...It's my second favorite Disney movie. I am happy to see a fellow DIS bride doing this, it's so great. Can't wait to see what else you have in store. -Court-
Old 03-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #98
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
Wow! Your Sleeping Beauty theme is amazing and beautiful. The inspiration board really gives us a good idea of what it will be like. And those clouds down the isle! Gah!!!! I am in love. Great idea! If I wasn't already deep into the Little Mermaid theme I would totally do the Sleeping Beuaty idea...It's my second favorite Disney movie. I am happy to see a fellow DIS bride doing this, it's so great. Can't wait to see what else you have in store. -Court-
I'm so glad you like the theme! Little Mermaid is a fabulous theme, though. I can't take credit for the cloud idea but I love it, too!

Old 03-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #99
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Site Visit TR - Day One, Part One

NOTE: This will be long and picture filled because I am just too excited! Feel free to skim or read in pieces. Haha.

Hi, everyone! We’re back from our awesome weekend trip and I have lots to tell you all. It was a quick trip but don’t worry, we squeezed a lot in! Before I start the trip report I want to say that if you are having a DFTW and have the means, definitely do a site visit! It was totally worth the trip for us. I was kind of thinking that, because we are still far out from our date, our site visit would be super general and not specific to us but that was definitely not the case. Also, before I get to the trip itself, I forgot to tell you guys that our consultant was changed. I had been communicating (or playing phone tag) with Bill but the day before we left for WDW I got a call from Diane and she told us that she was now our consultant and would be doing our site visit. This didn’t bother me because of the limited amount of contact I had with Bill and because she sounded very nice and Disney-like. Now, on to day one!

Friday morning we got up ridiculously early because we wanted to get to WDW with ample time before our ADR at GF Café. It was also going to be our first time staying at POR so I didn’t want to get there and then have to rush out immediately. We got on the road around 6 am but about 5 minutes out Ryan realized we had forgotten the camera! Probably the worst thing to forget! So, we went back to get it and then we were off. The 2 and a halfish hour trip was uneventful. We stopped at a rest stop at some point and I got my traditional Disney brochure thingy.

When we got to Orlando and I could see the Characters in Flight balloon up in the air we were really starting to get excited. No matter how many times I go to Disney I always get giddy like a little kid when we arrive. Here we are excitedly waiting at a stop light close to Disney property.

And finally, one of the best moments of any Disney trip was here!

We found our way over to POR, parked, and headed to the lobby. We had done online check-in and noted that we would be getting in around 9 am but we weren’t expecting to get into our room until later. Surprise! Our room was ready! This made me really happy and it got even better when we found out we were in one of the mansions because I had been hoping for that. We were in Magnolia Terrace on the first floor. We didn’t have any special view but we got to park super close to our room which was nice. We were also right next to the quiet pool which would have been great had we remembered our bathing suits! Anyway, we hopped in the car and headed to our building. The room was very nice (especially since we often stay value) and I am always elated to see the Mickey towel!

I have to say, if anyone is ever on the fence about staying moderate or value, go with moderate if at all possible. To me, the bathroom size alone was worth it. It was so much bigger than any of the values’ bathrooms!

There is also just a lot more to do at the moderates. They have better themed pools, more places to eat (and drink!), and have great activities. We will definitely stay at POR again and plan on taking advantage of some of their offerings like the carriage rides and boat rentals.

After we spent a little bit of time in the room we headed out to the Grand Floridian. Our ADR was for 10:50 am and we didn’t want to be late! We had a bit of direction/parking confusion but eventually got through the MK gates (the free parking for site visits is a nice perk!) and parked in the WP/Francks lot. I never realized how close in proximity Francks is to the WP! This amazed me for some reason. On our walk over to the main building, we got our first glimpse of the DVC construction. Honestly, as of right now I really don’t think it’s bad at all. The walls that block the site from view are a light blue and, to me, aren’t too much of an eye sore. There was no upward construction yet either which is good, too. If I were having my wedding at the WP tomorrow, I really wouldn’t be worried about the construction at all. I am not sure about when the construction really gets under way, though. :/ I’ll have some construction pics later in the TR. We kept walking past the Health Club and finally reached the main building. Sigh…it is oh so beautiful.

We wandered a little bit more…

…and then headed into the building. Prior to this trip I had only been to the GF once in my whole life and it was probably for about 5 minutes. It was also a long time ago so my memory of it wasn’t very clear. Well, I have completely fallen in LOVE with that place!!! Of course, everyone knows it is nice but the general feeling of the whole resort is right up my alley. I’ve mentioned before that I’m a big fan of shabby chic/vintage décor and the GF certainly fits that bill. The GF even smells amazing! I could tell they were pumping in some sort of scent and was very curious as to what it was (that will come up later). I think I’ve mentioned it before but I am obsessed with perfume and scents in general so I just had to know. I even use one of Disney’s room sprays in our apartment. Anyway, after I was done gawking over the scent, we found my favorite staircase! I absolutely adore the photos of brides on this staircase so, of course, I had to get one of my own. Not quite as pretty, though…

After that it was time for our ADR so we found the GF Café and got seated right away. The room was so beautiful and I loved all of the natural light.

Our waitress was very nice but her name escapes me. Ryan ordered the Maple Vanilla French Toast. He loved every bite. It was delicious!

I got the Mickey Waffle. Surprisingly enough I’d never had one! It was probably the best waffle I’ve ever had. Even the sausage was amazing! I will definitely be having Mickey waffles again.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #100
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Site Visit TR - Day One, Part Two

After breakfast (brunch?) we had some time before our site visit so we did some shopping. After browsing in the Sandy Cove shop we headed towards the tea room and guess who comes down the stairs….Princess Aurora! I was little girl excited! She couldn’t stop because she was on her way (with her CM assistant person) to the tea room for one of the princess parties. We watched for a minute and it was too cute! Here’s a creeper picture we took. You can barely see Aurora but you get the point.

After creeping on the princess party for a little while I went into Summer Lace and did some more shopping. They have such cute stuff. I got myself a pink “Dream Big. Live Grand.” travel mug. I love that motto! Anyway, we then went upstairs and found a Photo Pass CM to take a picture of us in front of the chandelier. She was really nice and even moved us to a better spot for the photo.

We said thank you to the CM and then went into Basin White. I was excited to visit this shop and I wasn’t disappointed. I just couldn’t decide what to get so we decided to come back later. We took the stairs back down to the main floor and went outside to explore the grounds some more. We got to the marina and stopped to get some pictures of it. I considered the marina for our reception but not having music and dancing is just not an option for us. It’s a beautiful area but it is just so public! I still love it, though. If a dessert party is in our budget I would definitely want it in the marina. I would also love to get some photos there at night.

We took some photos of Sago Cay Pointe in case any other brides were looking for more. I know I’m always in search of more venue shots. SCP is such a lovely, intimate spot.

We then decided to start back towards the WP side of the property since we were getting closer to our site visit time. On our way we stumbled across the Summer House and WOW. Pictures do not do this location justice. It was still partially setup for some sort of wedding event. It is very spacious and in a very nice location. It’s still fairly public but not as much as the marina. During our site visit Diane told us the Summer House would be changed during the DVC construction so it wouldn’t be available for a period of time. She wasn’t sure what that would entail but said it would most likely just make it even nicer.

I had Ryan go down on the beach to get some shots of the DVC construction. He was also excited to be on the beach since we don’t usually go at home even though we are close.

We headed back inside one more time because I wanted some photos of the Garden View Tea Room now that the princess party was over. I plan on having a bridal tea for the wedding party girls and moms here. I just love the room! I can’t wait to be fancy and have tea there!

We STILL had a bit more time but needed a break from all the walking around so we found the world’s most comfortable couch in the lobby and relaxed for a bit. Seriously. I need a replica of this couch made for my house IMMEDIATELY!

We decided to go back up to Basin before we went to the WP. We decided to get the tube of bath bombs. It was $20 for as many as you could fit in the tube which I think was a decent deal. We got one for each of our moms and then the rest for me! I can’t remember which scents we got at the moment. I decided I NEEDED to know what the scent they pump into GF is so I figured the CMs in Basin would be the best people to ask. When we went to check out I told the girl I had a question. She was very nice and before I even finished asking she said told me that yes, they do pump a scent in but they do not sell it anywhere. She did write down the name of it to give to me, though. It’s called “Green Clover Aloe.” Ah, I miss that smell!!! I am determined to find something like it! Anyway, after we finished buying the bath bombs it was time to get to Franck’s for our site visit!

Old 03-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #101
Wshs0127
Mouseketeer

Lindsay, you're making me want a site visit now. I can't book the wedding until next month but if we don't get the GF ballroom we will be lost I love the GF!! I also love the PO resort too. I'm glad to hear you like it so far. I'm biast because I'm originally from Louisiana so I feel like its home. Can't wait to see more on the site visit TR venues.
Wshs0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #102
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

It looks like you all had a fun trip! Can't wait to read more!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #103
DisneyHappiness
Earning My Ears

I just read your entire Pj and I wanted to say Congrats! I was so excited when I saw another Chief How exciting! We are also getting married at Disney. We are getting married at the Yacht Club with a reception at the Boardwalk. I also do not like the temporary folding walls but Boardwalk has nicer walls and you can barely tell that they are the folding walls.

I can't wait to read the rest of your planning journal. Happy planning!

"Happiness is the road we travel, not the destination..."-Unknown
"You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough."-Joe Lewis

DisneyHappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #104
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

How exciting! We're 2013 as well. I think I can book this July. Isn't this waiting awful?!?!
luvvwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #105
DisneyBamaBride
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad yall had a good site visit.

It's so crazy that we were both there at the same time and stayed at the same hotel. Lol
We also stayed at por in Alligator Bayou! I loved the river roost lounge, and the piano guy. He was awesome! Yall's bathrooms were way bigger than ours though. Did y'all have a renovated room?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: