Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #76
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

Joining in! Love all of your plans so far. Your theme and colors are really beautiful! I can't wait to hear more.
goodmorningirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #77
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmorningirl View Post
Joining in! Love all of your plans so far. Your theme and colors are really beautiful! I can't wait to hear more.
Yay! Thank you! So glad you're joining in

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #78
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsSleepingBeauty View Post
That sounds like an awesome honeymoon!
I think so, too! Thank you!

Old 03-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #79
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Little Updates

Hi, lovelies! I just wanted to give you guys a mini wedding update. Let's see...well, I've been doing a lot of research and contacting photographers. We haven't had our engagement photos taken yet and while we still have a while until we need them I feel kind of weird that we've been engaged since April 2011 and don't have them yet! I would like to get them done in October which is around the time I'll start dress shopping. We'll probably have the shoot at WDW since we live in Florida and could just meet the photographer(s) there. Ideally we would use the same photographer for the wedding. So far I've looked at The Roots, Misty Miotto, the Arndts, Jason Angelini, Thirteenth Moon, and of course Disney. Even though I've seen some beautiful photos, I'm not sure that Disney's photography services would work for me because I am SO not the kind of person who does well with not knowing what I am going to get.

Does anyone have any advice on choosing a photographer? It's more complicated than I thought it would be!

In other news, I emailed our consultant, Bill, yesterday basically asking what specific info he needs from us at the time of the site visit. I did this partially because I want to be prepared but also just to give him a subtle reminder that our visit is coming up! I've heard some stories and just want to make sure we're all on the same page. Our wedding may be far out right now but that does not mean we take this site visit any less seriously! Hopefully he gets back to me soon. We haven't had much contact with Bill since in the beginning we kept playing phone tag. We each must have left 3 or 4 different voicemails for eachother! Even now we've never actually spoken to eachother! He seems very nice though and when I left a message about setting up the site visit he left one for me pretty quickly telling me to absolutely set it up with an assistant if he was not available at the time. We can't wait to meet him!

Once I get all the pictures on Photobucket I'll post my Sleeping Beauty inspirations, I'm super excited about them! Oh, and I realized that I promised a wedding dress inspiration post and never did it so that's coming up, too! Stay tuned

Last edited by tinydancr06; 03-07-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #80
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Glad things seem to be going well.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #81
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Meet the Parents

So, in that last mini update I totally forgot to tell you about the biggest wedding-related thing coming up! I don't think I've mentioned this before but Ryan and I's parents have never met! My parents live near us in south Florida but Ryan's dad was in the air force so they currently live in NJ even though they are originally from Tampa. Our parents have talked through facebook, on the phone, and even on Skype on holidays but the in person thing just hasn't worked out ... until now!

Ryan just finished school and moved to south Florida with me and his parents have never seen the area or our new place so they are trying to find a weekend to come down and visit within the next couple of months! I'm super excited about this because we've spent lots of time with both sets of parents but never everyone together. We're lucky that we both have good relationships with our parents and we are really looking forward to this. We plan on showing them around and doing some fun stuff while they're here so I'll let you know about our plans.

I can't believe I forgot this! I would definitely say it's important to the wedding!

Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #82
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Hope everything runs smoothly for you on the day your parents meet. It has to be less stressful seeing as they have actaul had contact before just not face to face.

My partner and I got his parents and my Mum & her husband to meet over Dinner after a year of us living together. We planned it so when we do get engaged we don't want to have to deal with them meeting except my Dad which we will try to leave til last minute LOL

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #83
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Glad things seem to be going well.
Thanks for following along. So far, so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Hope everything runs smoothly for you on the day your parents meet. It has to be less stressful seeing as they have actaul had contact before just not face to face.

My partner and I got his parents and my Mum & her husband to meet over Dinner after a year of us living together. We planned it so when we do get engaged we don't want to have to deal with them meeting except my Dad which we will try to leave til last minute LOL
You were very smart to have your parents meet before your engagement. Then no surprises if there's any drama! Hopefully all goes well when our parents meet. I hope it goes well for you when your dad gets added to the mix!

Old 03-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #84
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Adorable!!!!! Love everything about this PJ. You two are sweet as can be and I love how much thought was put into that proposal. Great guy! Ring is gorgeous, everything is wonderful! Following along.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #85
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Oh...and I am also a South Florida girl! Grew up in Fort Lauderdale (Weston). Had a ton of friends at FSU. Glad to see another SoFla lady on the boards!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #86
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
Adorable!!!!! Love everything about this PJ. You two are sweet as can be and I love how much thought was put into that proposal. Great guy! Ring is gorgeous, everything is wonderful! Following along.
Thank you so much! Approval from a fellow DIS bride always makes my day

Quote:
Oh...and I am also a South Florida girl! Grew up in Fort Lauderdale (Weston). Had a ton of friends at FSU. Glad to see another SoFla lady on the boards!
That's so exciting! I actually did my teaching internship in Weston at Cypress Bay High School for 6 months. I loved it and Weston is such a nice place.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #87
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

[QUOTE=That's so exciting! I actually did my teaching internship in Weston at Cypress Bay High School for 6 months. I loved it and Weston is such a nice place. [/QUOTE]

That's so funny! What a small world, as they say. Weston has changed so much since I moved...Cypress Bay wasn't even around then...or it was just being built. We had to go to class in an annex until we got into 11th grade. Blech!

Keep us posted, I am enjoying your PJ.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #88
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's so funny! What a small world, as they say. Weston has changed so much since I moved...Cypress Bay wasn't even around then...or it was just being built. We had to go to class in an annex until we got into 11th grade. Blech!

Keep us posted, I am enjoying your PJ.
I've heard stories about the annex situation. So crazy!

I'm glad you like everything so far!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #89
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Once Upon A Dream...

Now that I've made Sleeping Beauty the central theme for our wedding, I've added a bit to my original inspiration board to show how everything fits together. I think it's preeeeetty ...

In addition to just adding Sleeping Beauty prettiness to my inspiration board, I've also thought of a bunch of ways to incorporate the theme throughout the wedding. Here's what I've got so far:

Inspiration: Aurora's Necklace

For the Wedding: V-Shaped Necklace

I want to find a necklace with a similar v-shape to what Aurora wears. To me, her necklace is so unique and I love how it kind of mimics her dress! I think this would be a fun sort of secret touch that no one but me would really notice. It probably won't be the Harry Winston Natalie Portman wore to the Oscars though...

Inspiration: Dancing on Clouds

For the Wedding: Clouding Down the Aisle

I just love when Aurora and Philip dance on clouds in the final scene of the movie. I somehow randomly found this "walking on clouds" aisle decor idea online and I love it! I'm not sure what materials exactly would be used to get the look without it looking tacky but I think this could be so cool and would be another Sleeping Beauty related touch.

Inspiration: Make it Pink!/Make it Blue!

For the Wedding: Pink and Blue Up-Lighting

The blue/pink controversy is such a big deal in Sleeping Beauty so it HAS to show up in the wedding somehow. DF actually had the idea to have up-lighting alternating between pink and blue throughout the reception and I think that would be so cool! We would want it to be a gradual change to where you almost don't even notice if that were possible. My future hubby has great ideas

Those are our ideas for now but I'm sure the list will grow and change. I love finding sneaky ways to incorporate the theme!

We leave for our site visit trip on Friday (yayayay!!!) so if you don't hear from me again by then expect a trip report and site visit details next week. I can't wait!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #90
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Love the latest ideas. Especially the uplighting gradually changing colours.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: