Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #211
2013disneybride
a dream is a wish your heart makes :)

I love that you have made all your post in pink, makes it so much easier to follow along. I am new to the boards, but hoping to pencil in my October 2013 wedding very soon! So exciting! can't wait to read more!
2013disneybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #212
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Hi, everyone! I know I've been dead to the DIS world for a while now. It's been a busy summer with not much wedding related going on but now us teachers are gearing up for the school year and I'm getting back into my wedding plans. I so appreciate those of you who have read along so far and can't wait to chat more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritKansas View Post
Just caught up with everything, and everything looks so good! I absolutely love your theme! Good luck with planning & I can't wait to read more!
Glad you're here and thanks so much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysStarTrader View Post
Hi Lindsay,

I just found your PJ and read through it, I really enjoyed reading about your Expedition Everest challenge, I've heard about it and always wanted to know more. Your wedding plans are awesome and I wanted you to know that I'm right there with you on it being a long time away my fiancť and I just re-evaluated our financial situation and realized if we want a Disney wedding we're looking at October 2013 too.

I'm subscribing, it'll be great to see how you're doing with our weddings being around the same time.
Aw, yay! I'm glad there are some other October 2013 brides out there now! As we all know, a Disney wedding is totally worth the wait. I can just get a little impatient now and then, though. Thanks for subscribing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013disneybride View Post
I love that you have made all your post in pink, makes it so much easier to follow along. I am new to the boards, but hoping to pencil in my October 2013 wedding very soon! So exciting! can't wait to read more!
I wish I could say I was the first to do the colored posts thing but I definitely wasn't! It really helped me when reading other PJs so I'm glad it did the same for you. Wow, another October 2013 girl! Exciting!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #213
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

I just stumbled upon your thread and I love it already! Can't wait to read more about your planning. Y'all are so cute! Congratulations!
jacque1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #214
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacque1282 View Post
I just stumbled upon your thread and I love it already! Can't wait to read more about your planning. Y'all are so cute! Congratulations!
Thanks so much! So glad you're reading!

Old 09-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #215
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Omg!!! An update!

Finally!!! An update! This may be long but itís all wedding stuff so here we go!

Wow! It really has been such a long time! So sorry to those of you that are (hopefully) still reading. Honestly though, itís a good thing because I didnít have much wedding related stuff to write about over the summer so I would have been talking your ears off (eyes off?) about Lord knows what!

ANYWAY, now that school is well under way and I have some time to breathe I actually do have a lot to catch you all up on. Letís see, where to startÖ

We Had Our Conference Call!

If you remember, back at our site visit our coordinator told us to plan on having a conference call sometime in August or September to get things finalized before the process to officially get our date began. Well, a couple of weeks ago we finally did have that conference call with Diane. She is really lovely. We just finalized our 3 dates to go for and our 3 preferred times. Basically, at the site visit she let us know that October is a busy time for Disney weddings and that we needed to have a back up plan so hereís the plan.

Ideal date: Friday, October 25, 2013
Second choice: Thursday, October 24, 2013 (the day before our ideal)
Third choice: Friday, October 18, 2013 (a week before our ideal date)

Ideal time: 5pm
Second choice: 2:30pm
Third choice: 12 noon

Now, because of the fact that Disney canít put in for your date until exactly a year before, we will find out backwards. First, weíll find out whether or not we got the 18th. Then a week or so later weíll find out if we got the 24th or 25th. They put in for the whole weekend at once so weíll find out about the 24th and 25th simultaneously. Then, weíll go with whichever date was our highest choice. I know this sounds confusing but itís really not so bad. I hope the information helps other brides better understand the process!

Diane also told us that currently it seems that there is only one other couple going for our date but obviously that could have already changed. She also said that right now there arenít any big conventions/events planned for the GF for then which can be an obstacle in October as well.

Weíve been a little nervous about the whole process of getting our date but after talking with Diane we feel much better. We also have been warming up to the idea of our second choice date because that would give us a day at the parks with friends and family before leaving on our honeymoon on the Fantasy! Diane said that we wonít find out whether or not we got a date until 3 or 4 days after a year out so we should know by the end of October what our date will be. Stay tuned to see how it all turns out!

Engagement Shoot and MNSSHP Trip

Our annual big group trip to Disney for the Not So Scary Halloween Party is officially scheduled for the weekend of October 5th! Weíre going to the party that night and then will spend the weekend in the parks. Our group costume theme is ::drum roll, please:: TOY STORY! Ryan will be Woody, Iíll be Bo Peep, and weíll have maaaany other characters represented. Weíll be staying at the same resort as the Everest 5k trip except we will have a 3 bedroom villa this time instead of 2 so weíll have even more space and the same nice big kitchen. I canít wait! I so look forward to this trip every year!

The wedding related part to all of this is that the Monday after the Not So Scary weekend is the day weíll be doing our engagement shoot with Regina Hyman at Port Orleans Riverside! I already booked hair and makeup with Beaute Speciale because I do NOT trust myself to do a good enough job for such important pictures! I am excited to get to use them before the actual wedding.

My mom and I also recently found my dress for the shoot! Itís exactly what I imagined and I was so excited to find it! Here it is:

Itís not that short on me for some reason. It falls just above my knees which I like. I plan to wear nude heals (and maybe bring some cute strappy sandals in case my feet start to hurt) and some sort of cardigan with it. I havenít found the cardigan yet. It has to be perfect to go with this dress! Iíll post eventually when I have our outfits finalized but the dress was a BIG step in the right direction. So excited!

The Find-A-Gown Get Down

We are officially scheduled to have my wedding dress shopping extravaganza the week of November 3rd! My future mother in law, sister in law, sister, and maid of honor will be traveling to come shopping with my mom and I. They are all flying into Ft. Lauderdale (where I live) for the weekend on Friday and then we will all travel to Miami Saturday morning. We have 2 townhouse suites booked at the Westin Colonnade on Miracle Mile for the night because we will be shopping at 3 different wedding shops on the Mile. They are all within walking distance of the hotel! Weíre very excited about the suites, they were actually a reasonable price! Hereís just a peak at what they look like:

The 3 shops Iíll be trying on dresses at will be Coral Gables Bridals:

J. Del Olmo Bridal:

And Merlili Bridal:

After the 3 dress appointments weíll be having dinner at Benihana (I love hibachi! ) on the Miracle Mile and going out for some drinks. Then weíll crash back at the hotel.

So, thatís the main plan for the dress shopping weekend. I researched all the bridal shops on Miracle Mile (there are a lot!) and decided on these 3 based on their dress selection and general atmosphere. Iíll probably post at some point about the dresses that the shops will hopefully carry that I am hoping to try on. I am super excited about it all since it will be the first time having all of these people in the same place! It should be awesome. Iím sure Iíll have lots of pictures to share!

Sweating for the Wedding!

LAST but not least I have officially begun my diet/exercise plan that will get me to where I want to be for the wedding and all of its related events, especially the dress shopping coming up! I had been watching what I was eating and working out for a while but I just wasnít being strict enough with myself so I started with Weight Watchers online 2 weeks ago. WW is the only plan I have done in the past that had SERIOUS results so I was very excited to start something that I knew would work if I stuck to it. I have already had a lot of success and even got a ďhave you lost weight?Ē comment today so I am feeling really good!

In addition to the WW eating plan I have been going to a VERY tough TaeBo class three times a week and either running or doing the elliptical all the other days. I am working on keeping up my running because Ö I SIGNED UP FOR THE DISNEY PRINCESS HALF MARATHON!!! I know this is a very big jump from 5k to half and I donít take it lightly but it is such an inspiring goal to work for! Right now I am just working on keeping my endurance up and improving my pace and then Iíll start the Jeff Galloway Princess training program on October 2nd. I have already found one 5k local to me to run before the princess and I would like to do at least one more in addition to that. It will take a lot of hard work and determination but this race is kind of a dream of mine so I am so happy to be doing it!

OOOOOOOOOOK so I really think that is everything for now. If you read all of that you are a saint! Weíre getting close to a year out so I guess I should get used to having lots of things to tell you all about. I am so thankful to have people who actually understand what Iím talking about!

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Old 09-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #216
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Great update. Can't wait til October to see the halloween costume pics...plus engagement pics

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #217
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Great update!

You will love Regina! We had such a great time at our shoot in April. Can't wait to see her again for our vow renewal and bridal shoot in November.

Can't wait to see your photos at POR.

Good luck dress shopping!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #218
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Okay so I just read through your entire PJ (decided my homework wasn't as important lol). I love all of your plans so far!
Love the dress you picked for your e-session. DF and I just had our e-shoot with Regina a couple of days ago and she is amazing. I am sure you will have a great time. Can't wait to read more!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #219
CMA21
Mouseketeer

I just finished reading through your PJ and I love everything so far!! I loved your last post, because I'm in a very similar situation right now! My DF and I are also planning on having an October 2013 wedding, and we're waiting to hear about our dates also! We've chosen October 13th as our first choice, but Diane told us similar, that October was super busy, so to choose a back-up, which is now October 6. So our dates are coming up, and we're getting just as anxious as you sound to find out! We only got engaged a month ago, so I CAN NOT image having to wait the amount of time you have had, so you must be beyond anxious!!

I haven't gotten around to starting my PJ yet, but it's so fun finding out brides who are in similar situations, and I can't wait to keep reading all about your up-coming plans!! I also hope you have lots of fun on your upcoming trip and engagement pictures!

Getting Married 10/13/13 at WP and ADH!
CMA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #220
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Congrats on signing up for the Princess Half! That's a great goal!

Can't wait to see your e-pics!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #221
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse View Post
Okay so I just read through your entire PJ (decided my homework wasn't as important lol). I love all of your plans so far!
Love the dress you picked for your e-session. DF and I just had our e-shoot with Regina a couple of days ago and she is amazing. I am sure you will have a great time. Can't wait to read more!
Thanks so much for reading my ramblings!The PJs can definitely become addictive and seemingly more important that homework/work responsibilities! I am so glad you enjoyed your shoot with Regina!We have heard so many good things and are really looking forward to the shoot. Here's hoping we can be relazed and photogenic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMA21 View Post
I just finished reading through your PJ and I love everything so far!! I loved your last post, because I'm in a very similar situation right now! My DF and I are also planning on having an October 2013 wedding, and we're waiting to hear about our dates also! We've chosen October 13th as our first choice, but Diane told us similar, that October was super busy, so to choose a back-up, which is now October 6. So our dates are coming up, and we're getting just as anxious as you sound to find out! We only got engaged a month ago, so I CAN NOT image having to wait the amount of time you have had, so you must be beyond anxious!!

I haven't gotten around to starting my PJ yet, but it's so fun finding out brides who are in similar situations, and I can't wait to keep reading all about your up-coming plans!! I also hope you have lots of fun on your upcoming trip and engagement pictures!
It's so nice to here someone else is going through our October situation! It's really not so bad but it definitely can make you a little nervouse. Fingers crossed both our dates work out!

The wait has deeeefinitely been long but now that we're at the point where things are starting to get going I am actually thankful for all the time. I was in my first year of teaching last year and I really think with everything else going on in our lives trying to plan the wedding would have been mass chaos. I certainly had my super impatient times though!

Thanks so much for reading, I'd love to check out your PJ whenever you get started. It's so fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Congrats on signing up for the Princess Half! That's a great goal!

Can't wait to see your e-pics!
Thanks, Faith! "Goal" being the key word as I am SO not there yet. Can't wait, though!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #222
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Leaving for DISNEY!!!

Hi, everyone! I just wanted to check in as we are leaving for WDW in less than an hour for our annual Halloween trip! I'll be sure to do a (most likely very wordy) trip report after to let everyone know about the festivities and our E-shoot. We are so excited to meet Regina! I hope everyone has magical weekend!

Old 10-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #223
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip. Look forward to reading about it and seeing pics of the costumes.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #224
redlight
DIS Veteran

Will be following.

I love the dress you have for the photoshoot!

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #225
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

I love your ideas, I can't wait to see more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: