Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #196
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairy1684 View Post
Oooohhhh, I am loving the idea for the Katniss braids!

The race sounds like it was so much fun (well, at least the preparation for it!). I can't wait to read more!
Yay, Katniss! The race definitely was fun. Now you actually get to hear about it!

Married at the Wedding Pavilion & Grand Floridan - 2013

Disney Fantasy - October 2013 Honeymoon!
Disney Wonder - November 2014 Anniversary Trip

Expedition Everest Challenge - 2012
Disney Princess Half Marathon - 2012
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2013

Way too many WDW trips to count!
tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #197
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Once we got to AK and parked we found a random spot in the HUGE parking lot to hang out until the race started. We didn’t actually realize we were in the LAST wave until this point so we were a little annoyed that we would be waiting over an hour after the official start time to actually start running. We spent most of the time before the race officially started stretching, dancing to the music, and just being ridiculous in general.

A Disney photographer took this one. Our silliness must have caught his eye.

He was my very own personal cheerleader. <3

Once the race started we had fun watching each wave start and helping count them down. They shot off fireworks and epic music so it was cool to see and got us excited for our turn. Finally, the wave before us was all lined up so we said bye to the boys and headed over. The moments right before the race got my adrenaline going and I was just ready to do this! My teammate and I tried to get as close to the front of the crowd as possible so we wouldn’t have to be behind too many people. Finally, they counted us down from 10 and we were off!

Ryan took this one when our wave was getting ready to go!

Ashley and I ran the whole 5k portion and did all three obstacles. The first were 4 or 5 rows of hay bales to jump over, the second was running through tires like football players do, and the last was a reeeeally low net that we had to crawl under in the dirt. Honestly, I am not a super athletic person and these were all really doable for me. We finished the 5k/obstacle portion in 34:45 which we were EXTATIC about! My main goal was just to run the whole thing so the great time was just icing on the cake.

The end of the 5k part was a little confusing because nothing marked the end of the running portion. They just started handing us scavenger hunt cards and we were like “ummmm, so do I stop running?!” We figured it out eventually, though. We took the scavenger hunt portion at a pretty leisurely pace and it was pretty simple. Finally, we answered the last clue which was our “pass” into the party in the park. After that we ran to the finish line and got our medals!

I don’t have a great picture of the medals but they are very cool and great quality! They open up into compasses and are heavier than you would expect. I am definitely proud to have earned one! Once everyone in our group finished running we took some pics together and indulged in the Powerade and bananas Disney gave us.

After that we got back with the boys and did all the rides that were open. This was the only time I have EVER made a point of going on Kali River Rapids. The water felt amazzzing after the run! We also got on Everest a bunch of times which was AWESOME at night. So much scarier! I loved it! We spent a few more hours in the park and then headed back to the hotel. It was a looong day and we were hitting the parks one more time in the morning!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #198
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Everest 5K TR - END

Our last day at WDW was just your average wonderful day at the MK. We all went together and had a great time. We got on pretty much everything (that wasn't closed!) at least once. We ate at Casey's and Cosmic Rays which are quick but always fun. We didn't take a ton of pictures but we had a blast.

I'll try to remember a couple of the more memorable things that happened. Well, we did the Laugh Floor and a few of our friends hadn't done it before so it was great. We ALWAYS do the Laugh Floor. I just love it. Before the show started they asked if there were any Mikes in the room and we had one in our group. He raised his hand and then they put the camera on him and made him dance to this crazy music. He's a good sport so he danced like crazy on that screen. My friend Kelly and I were sitting next to him and clapped like crazy people when he was done and then they said "wow, look how proud his girlfriends are of him!" It was hilarious because it just so happened that his actual girlfriend wasn't even in the room at the time! As they would say on SNL, good times good times.

Random pic of us all in the park in front of my favorite landmark <3

We also had a lot of ride breakdowns that day but the funniest/most ridiculous was on Splash Mountain. For some reason the CM that loaded us decided it would be a good idea to fit our ENTIRE group into one log! This required me, my friend (MOH!) Courtney, and my other friend Rachel to all sit in the front row! I've never sat three to a row on Splash in my life so we were a liiiittle freaked out. Then the ride broke down about halfway through for at least 20 minutes. It was bad enough that they gave us all fastpasses after we finally got off! Anyway, here's what our entire crazy group looked like trying to fit into one freakin log.

Ridiculous, right?! Maybe they do this all the time but that was a definite first for us.

We spent the rest of the day at MK until it was time to head over to DHS for Fantasmic! We have always tried to see it when we've gone for MNSSHP in the past but it's just never worked out so we made a point of it on this day. After eating and listening to Cosmic Ray we headed over to DHS to finish off the day. Fantasmic! was great and after that we had to say our goodbyes because Ryan and I both had to work the next morning. We drove back to south Florida and it was back to the grind and dreaming of our next trip to WDW.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #199
Wshs0127
Mouseketeer

The 5K seemed to be a great time for you guys! Does Disney do that every year? How much does it cost to participate? I've been interested in training to run a 5K, how did you do it? I can't even run a 1/4 mile!

That must have been so cool to be in AK after dark riding rides! The whole experience just seemed amazing! Of course Disney finds a way to make everything magical.

So back to your dress options, those are great! Very pretty! I love the tulle and princessy look! My dress is very full at the bottom too and I wasn't sure if I'd like that, but I loved it when I finally tried the dress on. You are so way ahead of the game so you have plenty time to try on and try on and try on again!! Or you could be like me and just see "the" dress in a magazine and go in the store and end up buying it! I'm not sure many people buy the first dress they try on, but I did!
Wshs0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #200
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshs0127 View Post
The 5K seemed to be a great time for you guys! Does Disney do that every year? How much does it cost to participate? I've been interested in training to run a 5K, how did you do it? I can't even run a 1/4 mile!

That must have been so cool to be in AK after dark riding rides! The whole experience just seemed amazing! Of course Disney finds a way to make everything magical.

So back to your dress options, those are great! Very pretty! I love the tulle and princessy look! My dress is very full at the bottom too and I wasn't sure if I'd like that, but I loved it when I finally tried the dress on. You are so way ahead of the game so you have plenty time to try on and try on and try on again!! Or you could be like me and just see "the" dress in a magazine and go in the store and end up buying it! I'm not sure many people buy the first dress they try on, but I did!
Everest Challenge was a total blast! Yes they do them every year along with a bunch of other races throughout the year that go from 5ks all the way up to full marathons. Here's their schedule for upcoming races

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/sports/rundisney/

I payed a bit over $100 but it is cheaper the earlier you register and you get a lot for your money. Like, with the Everest race you got a really high quality shirt, an awesome medal, entrance to the party after that went until like 2am, and a bunch of other little stuff.

Omg, if you want to learn to run you HAVE to do a Couch to 5k program! It basically takes you from running one minute at a time to running a full 5k. I can honestly say that before I did it I HATED running and was very slow. My first day of it the one minute spurts had me exhausted but as long as you are persistent and keep doing it it WILL work. Can you tell I am excited about this? I am not usually good about sticking to things like this but you can feel your improvement every time you run and that keeps you going. I used this one http://pinterest.com/pin/133208101447968122/ but there are so many that have little differences. I would just find the one that works the best for you.

I love that you bought the first dress you tried! When you know you just know. I will definitely be trying on a lot but doing it your way would be much easier!

Old 05-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #201
disneygirl2785
DIS Bride turned DIS Mommy!

Hey Girl! You have commented on my PJ a couple times, and so I clicked on your link earlier today and just read your whole PJ! I can't even imagine waiting until October 2013 for your DFTW! DF and I can't even wait until December of 2012!!! Anyway, your plans sound great and I'm glad you are having a great DFTW experience! My experience with them has been great too, but I have heard a lot of negative things on here! Not so much lately, so maybe they are starting to get their act together again! Anyway, you have another follower!
Sept 2012 DFTW Planning Session-AKL
DFTW December 9, 2012 WP/GF Whitehall Room-BLT
Camryn's First trip to Disney! Jan 2015-AKL-KV/VWL

disneygirl2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #202
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl2785 View Post
Hey Girl! You have commented on my PJ a couple times, and so I clicked on your link earlier today and just read your whole PJ! I can't even imagine waiting until October 2013 for your DFTW! DF and I can't even wait until December of 2012!!! Anyway, your plans sound great and I'm glad you are having a great DFTW experience! My experience with them has been great too, but I have heard a lot of negative things on here! Not so much lately, so maybe they are starting to get their act together again! Anyway, you have another follower!
Hi! The wait is definitely long but I think it will be worth it. When it comes to planning this kind of thing I am a liiiiiitle bit of a perfectionist so I am learning that having all this time to figure things out and plan is a good thing for me! December 2012 will be here before you know it!

I have seen the negatives of DFTW on these boards too so I am so glad that so far our experience has been great. We had a bit of a hiccup in the very beginning but other than that I've loved it all. I'm glad it's worked out that way for you, too! I think you're right about them getting their act together. The wedding planning process should be a wonderful time for any bride so I'm glad that we're seeing less problems!

Thanks so much for reading!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #203
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Hi, everyone! I hope all of you in the states are having a great holiday! Now that I'm done rambling on about the non-wedding related 5K trip I can give you guys some actual wedding updates!

Let's see, where to start? Well, two weekends ago my mom and I went and had our consultation with J. Morgan Flowers! Let me just say that I loved talking with Jacqueline Goldman. She is way too funny and really knows her stuff. She knew about every facet of a wedding and was a real wealth of knowledge. I learned so much in such a short period of time! Just FYI, this was just a free consultation so we could get an idea of what this florist could do for us and what the cost would be like. Nothing was binding or anything so it was nice to have the consultation without the pressure of deciding right then.

First, let’s talk flowers. My goal was to get some different textures in my color palette and I’m really happy with what we came up with. After talking about my vision and colors and such we decided on three different kinds of flowers for bouquets and centerpieces.

Pink O’hara roses

Blush/cream Sahara roses

and Rosalind garden roses (in a light pink)

I just love all the different textures of these roses! The Rosalind really brings in that sunken look of garden roses and peonies that I love while the sort pointiness of the Sahara contrasts that. I think the O’hara is just beautiful, too.

Jacqueline talked about the bouquets/centerpieces having a round look without being too “tight” which is what I wanted. She also said that we could bring in our pewter color by having pewter bouquet wraps and pewter urns to hold our centerpieces. Imagine this but with the urn being darker.

For ceremony floral, we decided on large arrangements in urns for either side of the altar table on the floor or on Disney’s pillars depending on the size. They would look something like this.

The she said we could do small arrangements in pewter cups for pew decorations. I had a picture but Photobucket is being stupid. You can imagine it. 

She also asked my “normal people” (as in not wedding dress!) clothing size. This was one of the many moments where I learned something new. She said that your bouquet should always be just slightly narrower than your waste because that gives a slimming effect! I love anything that slims!

Another great tidbit I learned from her? If you can only afford a photography package with a certain amount of hours but would like more photography time, just ask your photographer if there is anything you can take out of the package with the length of time you want. She said they all have an hourly rate and if you can take something out that is close to that price you can sub in another hour or two of photography! An example of something you could take out would be like an album. You can always wait after the wedding until you have enough funds and do an album on your own in your own time. I thought that was so interesting!

After we were done talking specifically about flowers we discussed my Sleeping Beauty theme. More amazing industry knowledge: some of the best places to bring in your theme are the place card and guest book tables. She gave us the idea of maybe finding some sort of medium sized spinning wheel (real or fake). We could pretty it up in maybe a pewter color with some flowers in and around it and have it on the place card table. We could then even theme the cards around something to do with spinning wheels. I can totally see this in my head and think it would be beautiful.

She also gave us the awesome idea of creating our own version of the Sleeping Beauty storybook from the beginning of the movie and using it as our guest book! I reallyreallyreally love this idea. I’m going to have to really look into how I would go about making it. In case you don’t remember here’s what the prop book looks like (obviously the one on the left!).

So, that’s just a taste of everything we discussed at the consultation. It was so informative and fun and I’m very glad we did it. Jacqueline gave us a price quote for everything we discussed that was right around 10% of our entire budget which sounds about right. We could also add/remove things as we need like everyone does with Disney. We are not definite on using J. Morgan yet but we are SERIOUSLY considering it! Right before we left I took a pic of their little studio. It was very cute.

Ok, on to my next topic. Sorry to be so wordy but I haven’t given wedding updates in a while! This weekend we went to a wedding up in Jacksonville and while we were there we visited my cousin and asked her daughter to be our flower girl. She said yes! She’ll be going to Disney for her first time in February for her fifth birthday so she is very excited to be in a Disney wedding. She even asked me if we could ride the rides together and I was like “um, duh?! That would make my day!” I gave her her Very Fairy Princess flower girl book (in Disney princess wrapping paper, of course) and she loved it. I am so excited to have her in our wedding! Here we are after meeting up for ice cream.

And since we were on the topic, we called and asked our ring bearer if he would be in our wedding and he said yes, too! I don’t know why but I am always so excited and honored when people agree to be a part of the wedding. He is about the same age as the flower girl (they will both be 5 by the wedding) so that will be a lot of cuteness! I believe our wedding party is now complete!

Later that day we went to my friend Anna’s wedding. She was just so incredibly beautiful and is a huge Disney fan too so I just had to show you all a couple pictures. She looked like a total Disney princess!

And here we are at the wedding dreaming about the day it will be our turn!

The newlyweds are now on the first leg of their honeymoon at you guessed it … Walt Disney World! After that they are heading to Sandals in Antigua. I am so happy for them and only slightly jealous that they are on their amazing honeymoon right now.

Alright, I’m all done talking at you for now. I hope everyone has a fabulous week!

Old 05-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #204
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Great update.

Good luck with making the guest book. It will be so cool.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #205
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Great update! Sounds like you accomplished a lot on your trip!

I love the tip about your bouquet being a bit smaller than your waist-- gotta love slimming tricks! The floral inspiration is just gorgeous!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #206
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Great update.

Good luck with making the guest book. It will be so cool.
Thank you! I think the guest book was such a great idea. I hope I can pull it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Great update! Sounds like you accomplished a lot on your trip!

I love the tip about your bouquet being a bit smaller than your waist-- gotta love slimming tricks! The floral inspiration is just gorgeous!
Thanks! I was so thankful that she was on top of the slimming aspect. I'll take any amount of slimming I can get!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #207
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

That guest book idea is AWESOME!! I can't wait to see how you come out with it.

If you have trouble with the cover, you could get a thick cardboard scrapbook and add the designs on top.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #208
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post
That guest book idea is AWESOME!! I can't wait to see how you come out with it.

If you have trouble with the cover, you could get a thick cardboard scrapbook and add the designs on top.
Thank you! I think it's so awesome, too!

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about what I would use for the actual book part of it and I thought of either a scrapbook like you said or one of those nice journals that are like a blank book. I'm gonna have to look around to see what I can find. Fun!

Old 06-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #209
BritKansas
Earning My Ears

Just caught up with everything, and everything looks so good! I absolutely love your theme! Good luck with planning & I can't wait to read more!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #210
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

Hi Lindsay,

I just found your PJ and read through it, I really enjoyed reading about your Expedition Everest challenge, I've heard about it and always wanted to know more. Your wedding plans are awesome and I wanted you to know that I'm right there with you on it being a long time away my fiancé and I just re-evaluated our financial situation and realized if we want a Disney wedding we're looking at October 2013 too.

I'm subscribing, it'll be great to see how you're doing with our weddings being around the same time.
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: