Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #136
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Site Visit TR - Day Two, MK

We rode the monorail from EPCOT over to MK and were happy to find that the MK monorail WAS running even though it wasn’t 6:30 yet! Once we arrived at the gates we could already tell how crowded it was. It wasn’t unbearable but still lots of people. When we got to Mainstreet USA the first thing I noticed was a huge construction façade jutting out into the street and blocking a portion of the view of the right side of the castle. Usually the facades don’t bother me, especially when they match the building they are covering so well, but this one went out into the street and just looked weird to me. I believe you even had to walk through it to get to the ice cream shop and other stuff in that area. It kind of reminded me of NYC! Anyway…

We headed straight for the castle to get some pictures while it was still light outside. We couldn’t have asked for a prettier day!

Then Ryan got some pictures of the beautiful roses by the castle. I think he thought we were still at the Flower and Garden Festival!

We then headed from the castle to Space Mountain. I got to ride in the front and I really have to say that sitting up front is scary! In a fun way.  We both “pretended” to sleep for the picture. We were starting to get a little tired!

After SM we walked over to Fantasyland to see what had opened and the progress of the construction. I couldn’t get over how many construction walls there were! Some areas were almost unrecognizable. The portion of Storybook Circus that has opened is really great, though! I love the new water feature under Dumbo and the train station is beautiful. If the rest a Fantasyland is as well themed as what was open then all the construction will definitely be worth it! We could even see the top of the castle from the Little Mermaid over the construction wall and it looks perfect! We didn’t take any photos of the Fantasyland construction but here’s one we took of the HUGE concept art they have displayed on one of the walls…

While walking around Fantasyland, we stumbled upon one of the Magic Portals for the new Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. It was very cool in that the screen was made to look like the bricks from the wall it is on. It’s also a not-so-subtle hidden Mickey! This game looks so cool. We definitely want to do it when we get a full day at MK.

By this point we were getting really hungry so we found some corn dogs in Frontierland and people-watched as we ate. Sometimes going to MK isn’t about doing things all the time, it’s about just BEING there. MK is my favorite park by far. After eating we made a game plan to get on some rides. We planned to hit Splash Mountain first but the wait was too ridiculous. It was kind of sad not to do anything in Frontierland since Thunder Mountain was down for refurb. We decided to go do Pirates which is always fun.

After that, we attempted to get on a few more rides but just weren’t in the mood to wait for too long so we decided to do the Laugh Floor. I’m not sure about other people but Ryan and I just LOVE the Laugh Floor. We really never get sick of it! After we got our laughs in we realized just how tired we were starting to get. We circled around to Fantasyland again and found some really good iced coffee at the Chesher Café window. It did the trick for a little while but not as long as I thought! At some point while wandering Fantasyland I dragged Ryan into Castle Couture and found that they have Cinderella’s pink dress on display there now! This hadn’t been there the last time I visited so I was super excited! I feel like you don’t often see that dress but I love it.

When we finished the coffees we breezed through the queue for a ride on the Haunted Mansion. The parade was starting at this point so there wasn’t much of a wait.

After HM we headed to the hub and ended up staying there through the end of wishes. We had a good spot but I really hated having to stand. Has anyone else ever thought to themself “if everyone just sat down everyone would have a good view and no one’s feet would hurt”?! Anyway, Wishes was fabulous as always. It’s just a perfect way to end a day in the parks. Nothing beats MK at night for me!

Our view for Wishes!

And then we just knew it was time to head out. We still had a couple of hours until park closing but our feet were done so we headed back towards the gates. This pic shows just how much that construction façade I was talking about juts out into Mainstreet. I know the crowd looks ridiculous but it wasn’t quite that bad, this was just right after the fireworks.

From there, we hopped (using that term loosely, our sore feet would not have allowed actual hopping) on the bus back to POR. We stayed awake long enough to soak our feet in the bathtub and then passed out.

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #137
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Site Visit TR - Leaving the World

The next day we “slept in” until around 8. We got dressed and headed back over to Riverside Mill for breakfast. Since it wasn’t as ungodly of an hour as the day before we got real breakfast! It was getting pretty crowded inside so we decided to eat at the tables just outside the doors. There were plenty of available tables and it was so pretty out there in the morning. I would definitely suggest eating out there instead of inside if the weather is right!

When we finished breakfast we went into Fulton’s General Store to do a bit of last minute shopping. I love love love shopping at the resort shops, especially on going home days. It’s my way of extending the magic a little longer. I got a Mickey charm for my Pandora bracelet (yay!) and a few other things and then it was time to head back to the room.

We got all of our stuff together and got ready to hit the road. Here I am pouting about having to leave my happy place.

We got in the car and headed home. It was an absolutely amazing weekend trip that felt so much longer than a weekend. The site visit was great and now we are just that much more excited for our Disney wedding!

*Now we will return to our not-so-regularly scheduled wedding planning posts. Thanks for reading about our trip!

Last edited by tinydancr06; 03-27-2012 at 02:26 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #138
Fay
DIS Veteran

Red face

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Love the sad face at the end!

XXX

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #139
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Ha Ha, loving the pouting cause I have to leave face.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #140
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

What a fun trip! I've never seen that pink dress before! I'll have to look for it!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #141
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Finally had time to catch up on your TR!! Looks like you had an awesome, productive trip! You got some awesome pictures and you two are just adorable!

PS. love your Veras! I'm an addict!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #142
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Ha Ha, loving the pouting cause I have to leave face.
I wish I could say that was acting but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvvwl View Post
What a fun trip! I've never seen that pink dress before! I'll have to look for it!
Definitely look for it! It's in Castle Couture in the area with the picture backdrop. Now you get to see sleeping beauty's pink/blue dress and the pink Cindy dress in the same place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay View Post
Looks like you guys had a blast!

Love the sad face at the end!

XXX
We really did have a blast. Why do we always have to leave?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Finally had time to catch up on your TR!! Looks like you had an awesome, productive trip! You got some awesome pictures and you two are just adorable!

PS. love your Veras! I'm an addict!
Yay! Thanks for your kind words. I'm a Vera addict too for sure. I have like 3 more travel bags in that same print! Perfect for Disney vacays.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #143
Wshs0127
Mouseketeer

Ok, first I am so jealous, you got to have green beers at the UK pavilion and watch Off Kilter!! Lucky you, I miss that so much. Please tell me the beer wasn't Stella, then I'd be really jealous!!

And the margaritas in Epcot. OMGosh they are so good. Me, DF and my Mom took a photopass picture last year with our margaritas in hand and everytime I look back at that photo, it takes me back. Those margaritas are my family's Epcot tradition

That's so sweet about the old couple, you don't see that very often these days. Good for them and those shirts must have been adorable.

That is too awesome that they hung Cinderella's dress up, I love that photo. I'm going to have to go check that out next time I'm there. The last time I rode on the front of Space Mountain, I know exactly what you mean, it's frightening!! I felt like I was going to hit my head on the tracks or something, crazy!

Looks like you had a great trip!
Wshs0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #144
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

This was a FABULOUS trip report! I just read the whole thing, but don't have time to do a super-long bullet points comment. So, just some random thoughts:

-Your site visit made me all wistful for my own! I miss planning my wedding so hardcore, but I am glad I get to live through all of you girls.
-I love the smell of the GF too!
-Your Princess dooney is adorable. I recently bought the smaller version of that purse off of ebay.
-I agree completely: the MK is my favorite park just to BE at. I don't have to be doing anything--- if I'm there, I'm happy.
-I also got really excited when I saw the pink and white Cinderella dress! (That was in Tink's Treasures, right?)I love that dress.

Okay. Those were my major thoughts. Are you guys going to stay at the GF for your honeymoon?

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #145
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshs0127 View Post
Ok, first I am so jealous, you got to have green beers at the UK pavilion and watch Off Kilter!! Lucky you, I miss that so much. Please tell me the beer wasn't Stella, then I'd be really jealous!!

And the margaritas in Epcot. OMGosh they are so good. Me, DF and my Mom took a photopass picture last year with our margaritas in hand and everytime I look back at that photo, it takes me back. Those margaritas are my family's Epcot tradition

That's so sweet about the old couple, you don't see that very often these days. Good for them and those shirts must have been adorable.

That is too awesome that they hung Cinderella's dress up, I love that photo. I'm going to have to go check that out next time I'm there. The last time I rode on the front of Space Mountain, I know exactly what you mean, it's frightening!! I felt like I was going to hit my head on the tracks or something, crazy!

Looks like you had a great trip!
We got very lucky on being in the parks on St. Patty's. We didn't even know until one of my Orlando friends told us they couldn't meet us in the parks that day because they were throwing a party! And, I'm sorry to say...it WAS Stella! Most of the green beer people had was Stella since it's light color makes it a nice shade of green. Sorry!

We love the margaritas, too! Ryan has a thing for tequila and always makes a point of getting margaritas in EPCOT. I prefer the frozen ones but they always give me a brain freeze!

I so wanted to stop that couple and congratulate them on their 45 years but I didn't want to be creepy. I wish I had gotten a picture, too. I hope they had the most fabulous trip ever

Go see the pink dress! And say hi for me!

The front of SM is definitely the most thrilling seat. I worry for DF (he's tall) more than myself when it comes to being hit by things as you pass them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
This was a FABULOUS trip report! I just read the whole thing, but don't have time to do a super-long bullet points comment. So, just some random thoughts:

-Your site visit made me all wistful for my own! I miss planning my wedding so hardcore, but I am glad I get to live through all of you girls.
-I love the smell of the GF too!
-Your Princess dooney is adorable. I recently bought the smaller version of that purse off of ebay.
-I agree completely: the MK is my favorite park just to BE at. I don't have to be doing anything--- if I'm there, I'm happy.
-I also got really excited when I saw the pink and white Cinderella dress! (That was in Tink's Treasures, right?)I love that dress.

Okay. Those were my major thoughts. Are you guys going to stay at the GF for your honeymoon?
Yay! I am very flattered that a REAL Disney bride approves of my tr! I've really enjoyed reading yours, too! Having read other bride's/groom's PJs got me so excited to write my own TR for our first wedding related trip.

I totally understand that you miss planning your wedding. I know for a fact that I will experience those same feelings. It's just how I am. I love planning trips and doing girly things and wedding planning is a perfect combination of the two. It's so cool, though, that after your wedding planning is done the DIS provides a means through which past brides can help future ones. I hope I can do that for others in the future.

Oh, that smell!!! We should start a fan club...or a petition to get it bottled and for sale!

I love that you agree with me on MK. It's awesome that even when the park is crowded and lines are long you can have a fantastic time just being there. "If I'm there, I'm happy." I couldn't have put it better myslelf!

I believe the Cinderella (pink!) dress is in Castle Couture which I THINK used to be Tink's Treasures. So, yes. Lol. Love it!

We will definitely be staying at the Grand before the wedding and then, depending on if we get our date, may stay for another night before leaving to honeymoon on the Disney Fantasy. I can't figure out what I'm more excited for!

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #146
itsmebabygi
Counting Down!

I just finished catching up on your pj. I will definitely be following along! We have very similar inspriration colors and pictures .
Definitely don't hold back with the pictures! They are always my favorite part.
Your trip looked fun! I am antsy to go for my ps because we didn't get to go one any site visits.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #147
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Ooooh happy trip time! Looks like you had so much fun (of course, who wouldn't lol). And I have to agree a million percent with you that it's not always about doing everything at MK, it's about just being there. It's magic. I used to wonder if it was just me who thought that but glad we are on the same page. I could just sit on the sidewalk at MK and be happy...with a snack of course. Looking forward to the rest of your "regular" planning
Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #148
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmebabygi View Post
I just finished catching up on your pj. I will definitely be following along! We have very similar inspriration colors and pictures .
Definitely don't hold back with the pictures! They are always my favorite part.
Your trip looked fun! I am antsy to go for my ps because we didn't get to go one any site visits.
I definitely noticed the similarities in our inspirations. Great minds really must think alike!

I promise I won't withhold pictures from you! I just may have the world's longest pj by the time I'm done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
Ooooh happy trip time! Looks like you had so much fun (of course, who wouldn't lol). And I have to agree a million percent with you that it's not always about doing everything at MK, it's about just being there. It's magic. I used to wonder if it was just me who thought that but glad we are on the same page. I could just sit on the sidewalk at MK and be happy...with a snack of course. Looking forward to the rest of your "regular" planning
You are definitely not alone on the MK love! Even just thinking about it makes me smile A snack helps though!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #149
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

Awesome trip report! Your pics are so festive & fun
Old 04-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #150
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Following along! Your site visit TR is so informative! Thank you!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: