Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
disnanny
Mouseketeer

Host

Twanda was our host when we sailed to Alaska. Can't say enough about what a wonderful man he is.......We loved him and he couldn't do enough for us.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #32
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

I'm relieved to know it wasn't just us. We had Lynda on the Dream as one of the three available concierges and it was not a good experience. I found her rude, inattentive, and more than a bit brisk in her demeanor. It made our comment card, the first negative thing I've ever had to put for a specific CM.

The other two were great and they made the comment card positively.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #33
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Im guessing there will not be a way to know who is on it right after dry dock?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #34
pudinhd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by penel3 View Post
We just got off January 14th Wonder.....room 8032 and 8034, I felt our concierge was jus ok, we asked very little of him.....and if we didn"t ask, we didn't get, period. After getting acclimated to our room, we called him with three requests (and expressed that it could be anytime), 1. to exchange the Coke for diet coke/diet sprite, 2. that one of our wave phones wasn't working (it totally shut down and wouldn't come back on), and if there would be any way to hook up our Ipod to the bose system.
His response, "I am still dealing with guests checking in, (yeah, we anticipated that and that is why I prefaced my request with "when you are able, there is no rush"), I will get the soda, but realize you are supposed to be charged, but I will get this one for free for you, after that if you want more you will have to pay", (seriously!!!, to swap what we have????), and yes, he would get the connector for the IPOD when he had a chance.
Everytime we spoke with him, for whatever, we had to listen to some underlying explanation of why his job was challenging.
It just bugged me!! We own our own business, I expect glowing customer service with a smile....not some underlying excuse.
I still tipped him quite well, but rated him the way I beleived he performed on the survey. Oh well....we will be back in the Walt Suite next year, we'll see how it goes then.
Pretty scary report for someone about to go on the Wonder in a few months...
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise
pudinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #35
Laundress
Mouseketeer

we have been able to experience concierge 3 times on the wonder. Each time Tawanda was in charge of us. He is awesome. A true Disney prince. Johnathon was the alternate. Also very nice fella. Wonderful experience on the wonder for our family.
Laundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #36
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

We were on the Wonder for the Jan. 28th 5 nite Western Caribbean cruise. Jennifer was our concierge and Rodrigo was the other concierge. They were both very good. Jennifer checked on us several times a day, took care of an extra reservation at Palo, priority tendering at Cayman, and arranged a surprise Anniversary celebration one night at dinner. She and Rodrigo also came around the dining rooms during dinner just to say hi and see if we needed anything.

We didn't ask for much, but had every opportunity to ask for more. We sailed Concierge in April on the Dream, but found the service better and more personal on the Wonder. BUT, we didn't use the Lounge much (free drinks for 45 minutes before dinner wasn't that big of a deal - we preferred to pay for a drink at the. cove Bar. We also aren't sun loungers, so the Sun Deck isn't important (to us).
Old 02-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #37
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziesas

Was Tawanda on the port or starboard side? Or does that matter? First time in concierge on disney in April and seems like it will be amazing if we have him.
I don't know how its determined who is assigned to you. If it helps, on the 1/18 8-night we were in 8522, forward & starboard.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: