Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
ddeal1957
Mouseketeer

Concierge experiences on the Wonder???

There have been many posts concerning concierge experiences on both the Dream and also Magic. I was wondering what experiences people have had on the Wonder? We were book concierge level on the Dream for April 2013 but have since changed to concierge level on the Wonder. After reading some of the posts, I'm starting to think that maybe this was not a good idea. We didn't book for the concierge experience itself - but would like to have a good concierge experience.

ddeal1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Obviously the biggest difference between the Wonder concierge and the Dream, is that the Wonder doesn't have the private concierge lounge and deck.
The experience will be the same as it would on the Magic. You'll meet the team when you get on the ship, in WaveBands, and they can make any spa/dining reservations you haven't made ahead of time, or excursions.

They'll come to your room each day with snacks, and see to it that you're being taken good care of.
You'll set up priority tender and disembarkation with them.
And all the other good things you've read about.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
ddeal1957
Mouseketeer

Wonder Concierge CM's

I was really hoping to hear what experiences anyone has had from the Concierge CM's on the Wonder - both the good and the bad. I've read reports where people have had bad experiences with the concierge CM's on the Magic but have not heard any of these reports from the Wonder. Thanks!
ddeal1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

We were in a Cat 2 (or S, or whatever the 2 bedrooms are) on the Wonder in Alaska 6/11 and Mexican Riviera 10/11. Excellent experiences both times. We had Tawanda in Alaska and he was doing the other side of the ship in October, but he still helped us out a lot as we had gotten pretty friendly with him. He was amazing. The woman we had in October, whose name totally escapes me at the moment, was also great. Very tiny woman who told my 7yo that she wore a smaller shoe size than she (my daughter) did. We never wanted for anything as they were awesome and came whenever and for whatever was necessary. You won't be disappointed.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

My parents and I were on opposite sides of the ship. My concierge, Tawanda, was wonderful! We saw him all the time; he got us into the gingerbread-house-building seminar; he sent us treats (we had an issue during the cruise that was unfixable) to make our cruise more enjoyable; took care of my sister who wasn't in a suite, too. My parents saw their concierge twice during the entire cruise: once in the embarkation meet-and-greet and once more, but I don't remember the circumstance. He didn't even show up to the concierge cocktail party, that I recall, and I was sitting with my family the entire time. What I like about the lounge experience is that there are three concierges and, if you don't connect with one, there are two others that you can work with.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
We were in a Cat 2 (or S, or whatever the 2 bedrooms are) on the Wonder in Alaska 6/11 and Mexican Riviera 10/11. Excellent experiences both times. We had Tawanda in Alaska and he was doing the other side of the ship in October, but he still helped us out a lot as we had gotten pretty friendly with him. He was amazing. The woman we had in October, whose name totally escapes me at the moment, was also great. Very tiny woman who told my 7yo that she wore a smaller shoe size than she (my daughter) did. We never wanted for anything as they were awesome and came whenever and for whatever was necessary. You won't be disappointed.
I'm so glad to hear that Tawanda is still cruising with the Wonder, but I hope he's on the Fantasy! My sister is considering the Alaska cruise, so I'm going to let her know that he's there. We just loved him!!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
socababy
DIS Veteran

We also had Tawanda back in Nov and he was great. I will be calling this week to put in a request to have him again this April. He told me to put in that request when we saw i=him in April so his plans at that time was to return to the Wonder after his vacation. Hopefully nothing has changed!

It's crazy when I read all these trip reports about those unhappy with their concierge experience when we has such a great experience.
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
renee123
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever had Alice or Lynda for concierge?

On the wonder or magic?
renee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
We also had Tawanda back in Nov and he was great. I will be calling this week to put in a request to have him again this April. He told me to put in that request when we saw i=him in April so his plans at that time was to return to the Wonder after his vacation. Hopefully nothing has changed!

It's crazy when I read all these trip reports about those unhappy with their concierge experience when we has such a great experience.
My cruise isn't until December, so we can share him. Please tell him that all the Genslers say hi and we miss him!!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #10
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeal1957 View Post
concierge level on the Dream for April 2013 but have since changed to concierge level on the Wonder. .

I didn't think this was possible, You switched monies from one ship to another. Does this fall into "maybe one switch" for suites. Or does this rule not apply to Cat V?
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
Laundress
Mouseketeer

Another vote for the wonderful Tawanda. He was in charge of us last October. Will have to put in a request for him for our next MR trip in April. He was very thoughtful and spoiled us. Visited us every day and called a few times a day too.

Laundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #12
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeal1957 View Post
I was really hoping to hear what experiences anyone has had from the Concierge CM's on the Wonder - both the good and the bad. I've read reports where people have had bad experiences with the concierge CM's on the Magic but have not heard any of these reports from the Wonder. Thanks!

Keep in mind that the crew (even the concierge teams) rotate in and out of the ships all the time. The team that was on this month, might not be there next month, or in two or three, or ever again.
It's hard to say what YOUR experience will be, since we/you don't know who you'll have.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #13
ddd100
Mouseketeer

We have recently returned from out trip on the Wonder. The New Year's Eve cruise.
We were in Concierge suite 8100 and we had the BEST TIME EVER!!!!!

The balcony was amazing. We could sit out there and relax. We saw Whales, Dolphins, Turtles, Sea lions. I loved every moment of it and could have spent the entire cruise out there.

From the first moment we stepped onto the ship, we were treated with the most friendly service wherever we went, it was brilliant!
Todd was our official concierge host but we also got to know Mike quite well too and both of them were exceptional, in our opinion and looked after us really well.

Todd checked in on us everyday, to see if we needed anything.
We were given a really great server team with Mladen and Sofie and our room hostess faydella was wonderful.

We had booked our Palo Brunch and dinner reservations prior to going on board. Our Palo dinner, was booked for NYE. We had made friends with another couple while on board and they had not been able to get into Palo. We only discovered this about an hour before our Palo time. So we simply phoned Mike and said that we wanted to increase our booking to four and it was done instantly! No problems at all.
We all had a great night together!

Our new friends gave us a Mickey pillow case for the Characters to sign and we gave it to Todd and he returned it that night on our bed, full to the brim of character signatures. It was lovely!

In fact the only issue we had the entire cruise was with the 4 x4 Mini Jeep excursion. My husband had been looking forward to that excursion the most out of the trip. He travelled 40 mins into the Baja desert, only to find out that they had oversold the jeeps and did not have one for him. He had to make his way back to the ship and he was not at all happy. Once back on board Todd took care of the refund for us and did his best to help but really there was little else he could do.

So apart from that and that wasn't a concierge problem, we can't wait to go back again and we will definitely be booking a concierge suite again. I am completely spoilt now and I really would love that huge balcony once again!
ddd100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #14
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

We had Mike on the Wonder and he was fantastic!! Went above and beyond. We had an amazing experience. Big thumbs up for Mike from us.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #15
JJsmama
Becoming an accidental expert on resorts Far from The World!

We are just off the Wonder concierge and there was no one named Tawanda on concierge on our cruise, just FYI.

We had Todd, who was leaving upon debarkation for Fantasy. Mike was on the other side. Todd was being replaced by someone named Marcos, (pretty sure) whom I liked.

Contemporary x 5 trips, Polynesian x 4 trips, Beach Club x 2 trip, Wilderness Lodge x 1 trip, Port Orleans R / FQ x 3 trips, All Stars Movies x 1 trip, Tokyo DisneyLand and Tokyo DisneySea x 1 trip, Disney Cruise line x 3 cruises

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Contemporary Here We Come! Summer 2014
JJsmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: