Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #91
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

I forgot that the F&G festival was going to be going on while we are there next month ! Last year we caught the very last day of it.

One month !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #92
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

How are you already a month away from your trip? So unfair!

There are pics of this years Flower and Garden festival up now, it looks amazing, I really love the entrance with the Fantasia topiaries! I can't wait to see it in person!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #93
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed your past F&G festival pics.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #94
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh wow that's cool that your birthday is in a week! And 33 days is SO SOON. (Just letting you know I'll probably say that every time you tell us how many days you have left, hahaha.)

Those sounds like awesome plans. I feel the same way, Soarin' and Test Track all the way! I'm glad TT will be open for you since BTMRR will be closed.
And I personally love Ellen's Energy Adventure! It's just so educational hahah.

Those Epcot pictures are both just WOW, brilliant. Where do you find these picture?!
Yeah, it would stink to have two headliners closed during a peak time. So I'm glad we'll miss the Test Track refurb! I get a kick out of Ellen.

haha, my sister's CP blog is on tumblr and since she's done now, she mostly just does reposts and answers questions for CP hopefuls. So I just click on the links from her picture reposts and look at those sites. There are some amazing pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Epcot plans sound good. Test Track will be closed during our visit in May. It's not my favorite, so I'm ok either way, but the rest of my bunch will be upset.

I love the Flower/Garden festival at Epcot---all the colors just make Epcot seem more alive. I've heard about the Fantasia theme at the entrance--sounds really cool. Hoping that it will still be up when we visit May 28.

Gotta love the "private entrance" to Epcot!
Since I don't do Mission Space I'm glad Test Track will be open for us.

I agree! The couple pictures posted on here looked really cool. Can't wait to see it in person and I'm sure I'll have a lot of pictures too.

It was so strange though a couple years ago when we stayed at the Beach Club and walking through World Showcase to get to Soarin first thing in the morning. But in a way it was less stressful up to a point. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Only a month left to go! I'm getting excited for ya!

I love Epcot, I so want to just really take my time through there someday. Soarin in our number 1 must do!

I know Kadence is hoping the P&F mission is fun. We've not done Kim Possible, but she loves P&F!
I'm getting excited too!

I'm not sure when it's supposed to change but I bet she would really like the KP missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
If we go on Maelstrom right after the World Showcase opens we can also get one of those Norwegian club sandwiches from the bakery there.

If we're going to catch the movies in WS, we can also stay for the short film they show after Maelstrom.

There are so many things to see and do when you have a whole week and don't have to feel like you're rushing to get things done.

I always like seeing the American Adventure too. Like Energy Adventure it can be a nice place to relax without having to worry about a wait.
Yeah, I was thinking about getting a sandwich from there.

It will be nice to have a whole week especially after just having 2 days in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Your Epcot plans sound great! I keep saying I need to do the movie in China, because we have seen the other movies, but never China! The movie in Canada is really good.

One of my favorite places to explore in the WS is Morocco...there are so many little corners and rooms to look around in, it's so beautiful!

I can't wait for the Flower and Garden festival! I'm so excited the front is going to be Fantasia!!
I think the Canada one would be cool. Might have to try it.

I agree about Morocco. Last year me and Claire walked through there and it is really pretty. But since we normally don't go too far into the pavilions we always miss it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I just love that first picture. I was thinking it and then scrolled down to you saying the same thing, too funny. Those movies make me nauseous. I always go if my mom wants to see them, but I like France much more since you have a seat. Martin Short is really hilarious in the Canada one, so that's definitely worth a viewing at least once.

We love to just watch the manatees. Some people are in such a rush at Disney they miss the beautiful creatures in that pavilion, I'm glad you and your dad like to enjoy that also. I don't think we'll do Mission Space again just because it left us feeling, that's it .

Oh, there are 'Flower Power' concerts each weekend during the Flower & Garden Festival, each weekend features a different group. Worth checking out the schedule to see if you guys like the group that'll be there while you're there. Oldies but goodies in my opinion, the concerts will be at the American Garden Theater.
I wouldn't say I get nauseous but I sort of know what you're saying about the movies.

Yeah, I agree and sometimes it feels like we rush around too. But sometimes it's nice to slow down especially when you've been there as many times as we have.

I will have to look at the concert schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
I'm subbing in! Gotta support the MU/WI connection!

Thanks for the D-Cot heads up, it's GREAT!
Yay, welcome to another Wisconsinite!

Glad you like D-Cot! It is awesome.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #95
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I forgot that the F&G festival was going to be going on while we are there next month ! Last year we caught the very last day of it.

One month !!
Yup, it'll be well under way when we're there!! Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
How are you already a month away from your trip? So unfair!

There are pics of this years Flower and Garden festival up now, it looks amazing, I really love the entrance with the Fantasia topiaries! I can't wait to see it in person!
LOL, hey, you just went in December too. Your trip will be here before you know it!

I saw some of the new F&GF pictures. Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Enjoyed your past F&G festival pics.
Glad you enjoyed them.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #96
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Winner, winner, you owe me a chicken dinner.

You will love the tour.

I have been in Fox Point all week. My oldest son had knee surgery .

Yes, my dh has his convention again and we are staying near Sea World again, at The Ritz. We need to make a resize for Tues. Nite and I wanted to stay at one of the Universal resorts, but it is double the price, for the rate we have at The Ritz

Maybe we can meet one morning at the Boardwalk Bakery. Me and my sisters had breakfast from there one morning and it was one of our highlites of the trip, otherwise Friday?

Did I mention 2 of my kids are coming to the Keys. They tease me about my vacations to Florida, yet they always manage to squeeze their way in.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #97
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, I love the pictures! I can't even explain how much I would love to go to the F&G Festival! SO BEAUTIFUL!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #98
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Looks like you have great plans for Epcot! I can't believe Disney is closing down BTMRR and TT around the exact same time! That is just poor prior planning. If I went for my birhtday... that would've been too too sad But at least you get to ride TT while it's still opened and with the original queue

Great F&GF pictures! They've had some awesome themes for the Flower & Garden Festival the past two years. Hopefully this year it will be just as awesome for all the DISers going
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #99
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Winner, winner, you owe me a chicken dinner.

You will love the tour.

I have been in Fox Point all week. My oldest son had knee surgery .

Yes, my dh has his convention again and we are staying near Sea World again, at The Ritz. We need to make a resize for Tues. Nite and I wanted to stay at one of the Universal resorts, but it is double the price, for the rate we have at The Ritz

Maybe we can meet one morning at the Boardwalk Bakery. Me and my sisters had breakfast from there one morning and it was one of our highlites of the trip, otherwise Friday?

Did I mention 2 of my kids are coming to the Keys. They tease me about my vacations to Florida, yet they always manage to squeeze their way in.
I am looking forward to the tour. It should be amazing. My sister was talking about some backstage stuff the other day (I don't remember how it came up exactly) since she worked at the MK for a week during her CP and she was like you'll see it on the tour.

Hope your son is recovering from his surgery.

Are you doing Sea World at all or just Universal? I remember you saying you are going there for a day?

Let me know what day you get to WDW again (it's not until later in the week, right?). I'd be up for meeting at the Boardwalk Bakery.

haha, nice. So they're just going to the Keys and not Disney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my gosh, I love the pictures! I can't even explain how much I would love to go to the F&G Festival! SO BEAUTIFUL!
If you get the chance to go, you should. You would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Looks like you have great plans for Epcot! I can't believe Disney is closing down BTMRR and TT around the exact same time! That is just poor prior planning. If I went for my birhtday... that would've been too too sad But at least you get to ride TT while it's still opened and with the original queue

Great F&GF pictures! They've had some awesome themes for the Flower & Garden Festival the past two years. Hopefully this year it will be just as awesome for all the DISers going
It is odd that they're both going to be closed. I think it's just for a month though, and then BTMRR opens up again in May. Not sure how long the Test Track refurb is going to take but from what I read in Celebrations magazine yesterday it sounds pretty extensive.

I am sure it's going to be great again this year.
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #100
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Hi Sarah

I've been reading your Epcot plans, TT and Soarin are definite highlights. We see the movie in France every visit, it is one of my DS's favorites. If you have not been to Canada's movie it is really good too. No chairs but the pictures are beautiful.
I bought a new tink birdbath, my old one broke. Just tink's wing, but I couldn't just replace her, I tried! The online store had a 25% off sale. The birdbath is usually at the F&GF, it is so cute. Have you ever seen it? With the weather we've been having it will go outside soon.
Happy Birthday, the 12th? Any fun plans?
jwwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #101
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Hi Sarah

I've been reading your Epcot plans, TT and Soarin are definite highlights. We see the movie in France every visit, it is one of my DS's favorites. If you have not been to Canada's movie it is really good too. No chairs but the pictures are beautiful.
I bought a new tink birdbath, my old one broke. Just tink's wing, but I couldn't just replace her, I tried! The online store had a 25% off sale. The birdbath is usually at the F&GF, it is so cute. Have you ever seen it? With the weather we've been having it will go outside soon.
Happy Birthday, the 12th? Any fun plans?
Yeah, that is one of the neat things about the France movie. There were some pretty cool shots. I bet the Canada one is good too. I'd love to visit there some day!

I am pretty sure I've seen those birdbaths before. They are adorable.

Yep, my birthday was today. We went to Friday's at Miller Park over the weekend since my dad and sister's birthdays are also this week. Speaking of Miller Park, I see you're going to spring training soon. That should be fun! Can't believe it's almost baseball season already.
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #102
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday! We were at the park on Saturday afternoon and noticed a lot of activity. We saw multiple fire trucks near the south dock, my DH thought that the water was being turned on in the facility, or maybe they were just going through some training activities. Everything needs to be prepared for Opening Day. Were you there on Saturday too? I like going to Fridays at the ballpark, did you go into the Brewers gift shop?
We are excited to go to Spring training and hope to get to 6-7 games while we are there. I really love our trips to AZ.
jwwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #103
wdwgirl03

Hey everyone, just a quick update for today. I'm sure some of you have already seen this but Storybook Circus opened today (I'm pretty sure it was just soft opening though and official opening is March 31st?). I've seen a few pictures floating around and all I can say is it looks ADORABLE! I may not exactly be the intended audience for Dumbo the Flying Elephant, but I don't care, I think I'm going to have to ride it when we go!

Here are a couple of the pictures, but all credit goes to this site (where you can see the rest of the photos): STORYBOOK CIRCUS PHOTOS

The new train station. I have to admit I got so confused when I saw the caption "Fantasyland station." I was thinking no it's not, it's the Toontown station. But it really is Fantasyland now!

I LOVE this one...gorgeous! And the water is so fun!

OMG, I can't wait to see it in person.

And since I haven't done one in a few days, I'll leave you with another theme park music video. This one will be a preview for the next set of park plans, which I'll try to post tomorrow since we'll be 25 days from our trip!

Hooray for Hollywood!

I love this song-I actually used it in a video I made for my dad after our trip a couple years ago. Now I want to go on the Great Movie Ride...haha

Have a good night!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 03-12-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #104
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Happy Birthday! We were at the park on Saturday afternoon and noticed a lot of activity. We saw multiple fire trucks near the south dock, my DH thought that the water was being turned on in the facility, or maybe they were just going through some training activities. Everything needs to be prepared for Opening Day. Were you there on Saturday too? I like going to Fridays at the ballpark, did you go into the Brewers gift shop?
We are excited to go to Spring training and hope to get to 6-7 games while we are there. I really love our trips to AZ.
Yeah, we were there Saturday but it wasn't until around 5:30 or 6:00. It was pretty busy, maybe with people watching basketball? We did take a look in the gift shop-I need to get a new t-shirt for this season. And of course we saw Mickey Mouse.

Have fun at the spring training games. We really enjoyed it when we went in 2008. My dad and Emma are going to Louisville this week for the MU game since she's on spring break (and can't go to WDW...).
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 03-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #105
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Still in Milwaukee, I had to take the Family Leave Act, no pay.
Pain meds were way to strong and he was hallucinating, he kept hearing me talk and I wasn't. His Dr is the official Dr for the Bucks and Marquette Sports teams and Corey Hart had surgery same day.

We will be going to the Keys Friday till Tuesday, Wed-Universal and I have free days Thursday and Friday. I have 9 more days on my Disney ticket and 9 more days to use at Disney Quest or water parks or golfing. I may do a water park and Disney Quest one day, and Epcot or MK the next day, haven't decided yet.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: