Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #61
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Love this idea! Sadly, I've never seen the original Journey into Imagination, OR the current one.

40 days is so soon! Goodness.

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #62
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Joining in! We will be there the same time as you April 6-14 and are staying 5 of those nights at the Boardwalk!

My son and I stayed there in November and absolutely loved it.

We, too, own DVC and home is BLT.

Keys to the Kingdom sounds like lots of fun. We are doing the Magic Behind the Steam Engines tour on Tuesday and the dessert party that evening. I had no idea that MK had 7:00 am EMH on that Saturday. I need to go back and re do by planner. Thanks for that tidbit of information.

We will probably be there at the MK Opening on Easter. Probably won't stay all day but love being in the MK on a holiday until the crowds come!

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #63
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great countdown idea! I love park music, I'm kind of obsessed with it, actually! One Little Spark is such a great song, I love that once you hear it, forget it, it's stuck in your head all day!

40 days already? And I was happy I was at 67 today!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #64
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

THANK-YOU Just what I need for a quick pick me up as I'm pining away for Disney.

40 days is so close!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #65
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Okay now I'm curious. What was the original Journey into Imagination ride like? I've already fallen in love with the new version. Tell me more!

Love the music idea AND the fact that you put a link. I'm guilty of listening to Disney movie and theme park music in between trips too.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #66
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I love Disney music! Cool idea for the countdown.
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #67
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Love this idea! Sadly, I've never seen the original Journey into Imagination, OR the current one.

40 days is so soon! Goodness.
The newer version is cute but the original was a lot more fun. You should do Journey Into Imagination on your next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Joining in! We will be there the same time as you April 6-14 and are staying 5 of those nights at the Boardwalk!

My son and I stayed there in November and absolutely loved it.

We, too, own DVC and home is BLT.

Keys to the Kingdom sounds like lots of fun. We are doing the Magic Behind the Steam Engines tour on Tuesday and the dessert party that evening. I had no idea that MK had 7:00 am EMH on that Saturday. I need to go back and re do by planner. Thanks for that tidbit of information.

We will probably be there at the MK Opening on Easter. Probably won't stay all day but love being in the MK on a holiday until the crowds come!
Cool! Maybe we'll see you at the Boardwalk.

Don't you love DVC? We have not yet stayed at BLT (that was my other choice for this trip) but it is going to be next on my list!

Sounds like you have some great plans too. I know it's early but I'd really recommend doing the 7 am opening. When we did it the park was pretty much empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great countdown idea! I love park music, I'm kind of obsessed with it, actually! One Little Spark is such a great song, I love that once you hear it, forget it, it's stuck in your head all day!

40 days already? And I was happy I was at 67 today!
Thank you. I have to say I was sort of inspired by your quotes idea. It got me thinking that I need to start a countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
THANK-YOU Just what I need for a quick pick me up as I'm pining away for Disney.

40 days is so close!
You're welcome! I know, we are getting close...almost down to a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Okay now I'm curious. What was the original Journey into Imagination ride like? I've already fallen in love with the new version. Tell me more!

Love the music idea AND the fact that you put a link. I'm guilty of listening to Disney movie and theme park music in between trips too.
The old one focused more on Figment and Dreamfinder. I know they brought Figment back (can't believe they ever took him out!) but the original was a lot cuter. I don't remember tons and tons since that was how many years ago but after I saw your comment I went to youtube to find some videos of the old version. The couple parts that I remember pretty well are the opening with Dreamfinder and Figment in the Dreamport and then a white room with a "carousel" of animals. I guess it was just a lot more whimsical than it is now. Also the Imageworks had a lot more to it. Aww I miss it.

Here's a link to the original ride if you're really interested. I'll only post the first part-the other 2 parts are on the sidebar in related videos. Enjoy!
Original Journey Into Imagination Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
I love Disney music! Cool idea for the countdown.
Thanks, I thought it would be fun.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #68
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

WOOT! Joining in! Glad to hear you are going on another Spring trip, always very fun And your plans look great so far. Totally would've guessed KTTK for your surprise though I wasn't sure if you did or not, but that's awesome you are doing it for the first time. I was about to see if I could do that if I was going to Disney for my birthday since I would be 16 by then, but not happening sadly as you know. Anyways... can't wait to find out more about this trip!

P.S. Love the countdown idea! Love "One Little Spark" and ever since I saw a video of JII on YouTube, definitely want it back
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #69
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

I am following along! I loved my trip to see the Flower and Garden Festival! It was so pretty!
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
TinkerbellinNY6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #70
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Late to the party, but so glad I found your PTR!

Your plans sound good. I would love to take the Keys tour one day--can't believe I haven't already!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #71
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
WOOT! Joining in! Glad to hear you are going on another Spring trip, always very fun And your plans look great so far. Totally would've guessed KTTK for your surprise though I wasn't sure if you did or not, but that's awesome you are doing it for the first time. I was about to see if I could do that if I was going to Disney for my birthday since I would be 16 by then, but not happening sadly as you know. Anyways... can't wait to find out more about this trip!

P.S. Love the countdown idea! Love "One Little Spark" and ever since I saw a video of JII on YouTube, definitely want it back
Hi Timmy. Welcome!

Yes, gotta love going in the spring. Even though it's busy we always have a good time. Can't wait for it to get here!

Glad you like the countdown idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
I am following along! I loved my trip to see the Flower and Garden Festival! It was so pretty!
Yay, glad to have another follower! The F&GF is one of my favorite times to go. Can't believe the festival starts this week. But that means our trip is getting closer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Late to the party, but so glad I found your PTR!

Your plans sound good. I would love to take the Keys tour one day--can't believe I haven't already!
Welcome. I'm glad you found me too.

The KTTK tour is going to be awesome. We've talked about doing it for a while now and we finally decided to go for it.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #72
wdwgirl03

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. We had a little bit of Disney magic here in Milwaukee last night. The Disney on Ice show was in town. A while ago Emma said something about going to it so we decided to go. The show that was here was Treasure Trove and it definitely didn't disappoint! It had characters from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves to Tangled and everything in between. I took a bunch of pictures and thought I would share some of them. Be prepared for photo overload!

Mickey Mouse opening the show. Everyone cheered when he came out-so exciting!

Dopey...Emma's favorite dwarf!

One of my new favorite characters, Flynn Rider.

I thought it was hilarious because they were selling Rapunzel's frying pans at the souvenir stand. haha

All the Princesses with their princes.

We all really enjoyed the show. The fun thing about it is that there was so much variety-something for everybody. So I would recommend seeing it if you get the chance!

In trip news, our Magical Express packet came in the mail the other day. I can't believe it's already March...we're almost down to ONE MONTH! Plus, the Flower and Garden Festival starts this week so that's another sign we're getting close. YAY!

Stay tuned for the next set of park plans. Have a good night!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #73
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Oh, I LOVE Disney on Ice! It's a shame I haven't seen it in so long. Wait... how long has it been? 1... 2... carry the 6... square it... wow, I think before my first Disney trip! I'm long overdue for seeing it again, especially with all these new characters in the show. Naveen and Tiana

YAY! THE ME PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED! Always a great little thing to receive especially when it comes to knowing how far away your trip is. Very exciting!

Can't wait to hear about your next park plans!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #74
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post

Something about big, 'ole Mr. Incredible on skates just strikes me as funny!

On the other hand, I love the picture of Tink "flying" through the air!

The show sounds like fun-we've never seen one!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #75
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

WOW, that show looks like it was awesome! I went to a show that came to my city in September, and it had Princess and the Frog, Cinderella, and Tangled. It looks like the beginning (with Mickey and the gang) and the end (with ALL the princesses and princes) were similar though! It's funny how many different shows they must have touring at once!

Yay for Magical Express stuff! That's so exciting!

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: