Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #31
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Double post. Oops.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #32
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Your one ADR sounds great, I love Via Napoli! I need to try T-Rex someday, but I always end up canceling it for something else!

I love Beaches and Cream, it's so cute in there! And yes, you finally have to try the caramel shop!!!

ps-like my new avatar?

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #33
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

My fav is just the dole whip itself and I seen on someone elses TR that B&C has a sundae called the kitchen sink, looks pretty big and it may feed more then a couple of people

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
disneygeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #34
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

That Easter parade looked really cool! Too bad they don't still do that.

I like your one ADR. We're planning on trying Via Napoli for the first time in May and I'm very excited about it. Everyone says it's really good!
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #35
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
My favorite thing to get at the Caramel shop is the caramel and marshmallow swirly thing:

And I have 2 reviews of Via Napoli in my December 2010 Dining Report.
Mmm, that looks good. I have a feeling it's going to be hard to decide what to get from there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I highly recommend the No Way Jose at B&C. Just make sure you're craving peanut butter and chocolate cause that thing has lots of it! I've always gotten a caramel apple from the Caramel shop. I wouldn't go out of my way for their strawberries though. It's more chocolate than caramel so why waste money on something that doesn't even have that much caramel at a caramel shop? Both the dole whip and the float are good. Depends on if you're thirsty or not. The float really brings out the flavor of the ice cream though.
Yeah, any sundae we get we will be splitting. Those things are huge! That stinks about the strawberries but I agree, it is the caramel store not the chocolate store! I will definitely be getting something with caramel-yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I think we had the margherita pizza at Via Napoli too, but we added some ingredients. I could be mistaken, but whatever it was, it was SO good.

As far as T-Rex, we walked up on a whim around 11:30 (I believe that's when they open) and we were able to easily get a table without much of a wait! So keep that in mind!

And Beaches and Cream... well as far as food, all I had was a caesar salad, but it was really good! And I would NOT recommend the Kitchen Sink to two people, so that's basically the extent of my knowledge on that place!

I've never had a Dole Whip either! SO LAME! I personally don't like pineapple juice so I'd just go with the regular dole whip verses the float, but that's just me!
Yes, the pizza I had was really good. I didn't think to add anything to it though.

Thanks for the tip on T-Rex.

I'm not big on pineapple either but I feel like it's some sort of Disney sin to not ever have one. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!
Great, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
Your plans look good so far. I like the idea of not planning too much, especially since you have 6 days. I always seem to end up planning a lot, though.

For T-Rex, have you tried calling the restaurant directly. We always have much better luck getting a reservation that way. The number is 407-828-8739.
Yeah, we figure we have our strategies and since we always get to the parks for rope drop it's not too hard to do a lot of things. Especially with only 2 people.

No, we've only looked online. Might have to try that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Your one ADR sounds great, I love Via Napoli! I need to try T-Rex someday, but I always end up canceling it for something else!

I love Beaches and Cream, it's so cute in there! And yes, you finally have to try the caramel shop!!!

ps-like my new avatar?
I really want to do T-Rex because it was awesome the one time we ate at the Rainforest Cafe and they seem really similar. I love the decor too. So fun!

The one thing I remember about B&C is that it's so tiny!

haha, yes I did notice your avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygeeks View Post
My fav is just the dole whip itself and I seen on someone elses TR that B&C has a sundae called the kitchen sink, looks pretty big and it may feed more then a couple of people
Oh yeah, if I ever tried the Kitchen Sink I would need about 10 people to help me. I don't think we'll be going for that on this trip. But it would be fun to get sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
That Easter parade looked really cool! Too bad they don't still do that.

I like your one ADR. We're planning on trying Via Napoli for the first time in May and I'm very excited about it. Everyone says it's really good!
I don't remember too much about the parade but it is a bummer they don't do it anymore. Oh well.

Yay for trying Via Napoli! I'm sure you'll like it.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #36
wdwgirl03

Happy Friday everyone!

Down to 50 days today! It still seems like a lot but I'm sure the next month and a half are going to go by so quickly. Can't wait!

So I figure since we've reached 50 days until our trip I will go ahead and reveal our surprise plan for the Thursday we're there.

There were a couple people who guessed we're going to be doing some sort of tour. Well, you would be correct. But which tour is it? I've mentioned wanting to do a couple tours in my other TRs, particularly the Wild Africa Trek and Keys to the Kingdom. While the Wild Africa Trek would be awesome, we won't be doing it this trip. Which means we will be doing the

Keys to the Kingdom tour!

Congrats to Marisa (OhMari) for guessing correctly.

Here's the description directly from the Disney World Website:

Disney's Keys to the Kingdom Tour highlights the fascinating history of Walt Disney World Resort and provides backstage access to secret areas of Magic Kingdom theme park.

Guests must be at least 16 years of age.

This approximately 4.5-hour walking tour explores the stories behind the remarkable creation and growth of Magic Kingdom theme park. Hear the intriguing story of Walt Disney and learn how his innovative ideas, revolutionary visions, creative philosophies and amazing accomplishments brought the Theme Park to life. The journey includes stops at backstage facilities and a variety of favorite attractions.

One unforgettable highlight is a trip below Magic Kingdom theme park into the service tunnels known as the Utilidors. This is one urban legend that is absolutely, and almost unbelievably, true—the Guest accessible areas of Magic Kingdom theme park are actually on the second floor of a massive structure. The first floor—called the Utilidors—allows Cast Members, deliveries and even trash to be unknowingly transported below Guests' feet as they wait in line for their favorite attraction.

Oh man, I really can't wait for this. We had so much fun on the Backstage Safari tour a couple years ago and I'm sure we'll really enjoy this one too. We've been wanting to do it for a while now so I'm excited. Especially to see the Utilidors. LOL. Maybe it'll turn out to be not so exciting but I still think it'll be cool. I'm pretty sure that when Dad booked it he said the lunch we get is going to be at Columbia Harbor House. I'm curious to see which attraction(s) we get to see (possibly the Haunted Mansion judging from the picture on the website?). If you've done the tour before please don't tell me!

So there's my news for today. I'm also going to try to come up with some sort of countdown like I've done on past PTRs so stay tuned!

Have a great weekend!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #37
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Sounds so cool! Backstage stuff WOOO! So I guess the other Maris(s)a was the winner hahaha... I was KINDA close.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #38
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

50 days! I really need to sneak into your bags, what's your flight time!

My DH knows a couple that did the Keys tour and they said it was amazing! I bet it will change everything you think you know about MK! This is one TR I can't wait for!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #39
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow, 50 days already! Woo hoo!

Yay, the Keys to the Kingdom tour sounds amazing! I'm definitely hoping to do it someday, on one of our longer trips!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #40
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Keys to the Kingdom sounds awesome! I've always wondered what it's like in the Utilidors. Fun day!
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #41
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Excellent plans! The Utilidors are pretty cool. We did a different tour so no worries, I have nothing to slip. Hope you have a great weekend.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #42
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Can't believe you are returning in just over a month! Love the dining choices - just reading about B&C and KK is making my mouth water
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #43
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Sounds so cool! Backstage stuff WOOO! So I guess the other Maris(s)a was the winner hahaha... I was KINDA close.
Yes, you were kind of close. Nice job remembering too how I said I wanted to do the Wild Africa Trek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
50 days! I really need to sneak into your bags, what's your flight time!

My DH knows a couple that did the Keys tour and they said it was amazing! I bet it will change everything you think you know about MK! This is one TR I can't wait for!
haha, 11:15.

I am sure the tour is going to be awesome. I really can't wait to see what it's like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow, 50 days already! Woo hoo!

Yay, the Keys to the Kingdom tour sounds amazing! I'm definitely hoping to do it someday, on one of our longer trips!
Well, once we get back I'll be sure to report on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Keys to the Kingdom sounds awesome! I've always wondered what it's like in the Utilidors. Fun day!
It is going to be a very exciting day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Excellent plans! The Utilidors are pretty cool. We did a different tour so no worries, I have nothing to slip. Hope you have a great weekend.
Which tour did you do? Do they go to the Utilidors on the Backstage Magic tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I'm here!

Can't believe you are returning in just over a month! Love the dining choices - just reading about B&C and KK is making my mouth water
Yay, welcome!

I can't believe it either. As pathetic as it sounds though it seems like it was forever ago when I was there.
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #44
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Yay! 50 days to go! Well I guess it's less now

I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour last year. It was very cool. We got on pirates, haunted mansion and jungle cruise. At least that's what I can remember. It was pretty hot but that was in August. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler in April! You're going to love it!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #45
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

that would be just fantastic to do that tour. I heard from ny freind the other day that was trying to get into the CP, she said that she did not get picked she was dissapointed but new her chance was fairly slim. I think she said there was only 4 openings and 150 people applied for it.

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
disneygeeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: