Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #16
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

YAY for two months! That is just way too exciting.

Oooh ooh! I have a guess! The Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom! I'm pretty sure I remember you mentioning wanting to do that... maybe??

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #17
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Sorry it took me so long to get here, I'm here now!

Wow, 2 months already, you're trip will be here in no time! The Boardwalk looks awesome, how nice that you got a Boardwalk view!

(I absolutely LOVE that picture of the castle you put up, with the 4 park icons...I'm stealing it, it's SO pretty! )

Hmmm, Thursday...are you doing some kind of tour?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Hey Sarah, I'm here! What an awesome time to get to visit WDW, with Easter and the F&GF. Epcot is just amazingly beautiful at this time.

Oh I'm soooo anxious to find out what your special secret plans are...I hate secrets!!!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

xoktenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

I tried to guess whet you will be doing on that day but there is so many exciting things going on that I just couldn't pick out 1 thing. Talking about CPer, my freind from work went to vancouver on monday for an 8 hour face to face interview to see if she could get accepted to the program as well but I haven't seen her to see how it went...hope it went well

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
disneygeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #20
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
YAY! 2 Months I wish I could say that!

I can't wait to see all your pictures from the Boardwalk!

I'm gonna guess your ?? day is Universal!
OMG, I can't wait to be at the Boardwalk-hopefully I'll take a bunch of pictures!

Well, I do want to go back to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter really bad, so that's a good guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
YAY for two months! That is just way too exciting.

Oooh ooh! I have a guess! The Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom! I'm pretty sure I remember you mentioning wanting to do that... maybe??
It is very exciting. I can't wait!

You are right, I did say I wanted to do the Wild Africa Trek...so that is another good guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Sorry it took me so long to get here, I'm here now!

Wow, 2 months already, you're trip will be here in no time! The Boardwalk looks awesome, how nice that you got a Boardwalk view!

(I absolutely LOVE that picture of the castle you put up, with the 4 park icons...I'm stealing it, it's SO pretty! )

Hmmm, Thursday...are you doing some kind of tour?
Don't worry, you didn't miss much-I'm just getting started!

I got all those little avatars from another Disney blog. There were some awesome pictures that I'll probably be posting throughout this trip report!

There are a couple tours that we've talked about doing. So another good guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Hey Sarah, I'm here! What an awesome time to get to visit WDW, with Easter and the F&GF. Epcot is just amazingly beautiful at this time.

Oh I'm soooo anxious to find out what your special secret plans are...I hate secrets!!!
Yeah, it'll be busy but definitely worth it. Can't wait for the F&GF again.

haha, I know, I thought about just saying what the secret is but needed to keep this somewhat interesting. I'll share what it is...eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygeeks View Post
I tried to guess whet you will be doing on that day but there is so many exciting things going on that I just couldn't pick out 1 thing. Talking about CPer, my freind from work went to vancouver on monday for an 8 hour face to face interview to see if she could get accepted to the program as well but I haven't seen her to see how it went...hope it went well
You're right, it is hard to pick just one thing-there's so much I would like to do but obviously you can't do it all in one week. But it gives you more reason to keep going back to Florida!

Ooh, that's exciting. Have you heard anything yet? Do you know what she was applying for?
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #21
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Hi Sarah,
I just posted on your Facebook and wondered if you were doing a Pre-trip.

I am flying out the day before you, except, we are going down to the Keys until Tuesday. I think on Wednesday I am going to try and schedule a birthday surprise for my dh at the Richard Petty Driving School. It is his 50th birthday and he loved the racetrack school when I gave it for a present for our 25th wedding anniversary. Tuesday nite I might try and get Victoria and Alberts, but we are staying off site and we have a car so we have other options for places to eat.

I hope we can meet up. I don't know what I am going to do with my 2 days yet. Is your sister still a CM?

I'm betting you are going on a tour on Wednesday, "Keys to the Kingdom"?
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #22
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

Smile

You're right, it is hard to pick just one thing-there's so much I would like to do but obviously you can't do it all in one week. But it gives you more reason to keep going back to Florida!

Ooh, that's exciting. Have you heard anything yet? Do you know what she was applying for?[/QUOTE]
I talked to her this morning and she said the she was really nervous b4 the interview but she said they really made her feel comfortable. I think she said she was trying out for food and retail, but she said that she won't find out up to 3 weeks after the interview....lets hope

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
disneygeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #23
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

I'm in. I like reading about other people's trips. We're going in March so your trip report should help me deal with the post-Disney funk.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Hi Sarah,
I just posted on your Facebook and wondered if you were doing a Pre-trip.

I am flying out the day before you, except, we are going down to the Keys until Tuesday. I think on Wednesday I am going to try and schedule a birthday surprise for my dh at the Richard Petty Driving School. It is his 50th birthday and he loved the racetrack school when I gave it for a present for our 25th wedding anniversary. Tuesday nite I might try and get Victoria and Alberts, but we are staying off site and we have a car so we have other options for places to eat.

I hope we can meet up. I don't know what I am going to do with my 2 days yet. Is your sister still a CM?

I'm betting you are going on a tour on Wednesday, "Keys to the Kingdom"?
Hi Marissa! I'm a little jealous that you're leaving on the 6th but we will be going to the Brewers home opener that day instead.

Where will you be staying offsite? Does your DH have a convention again this year? If you're not getting to WDW until later in the week we should try to meet up. By that point we'll probably have done pretty much everything we wanted to so we'd be flexible.

As for my sister, she's back home now even though she doesn't want to be. She wanted to do the summer alumni program but apparently they're not having it this year. She'll just have to settle for doing another CP/internship once she graduates next year.

We've talked about doing the KTTK tour too, so that could be it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygeeks View Post
I talked to her this morning and she said the she was really nervous b4 the interview but she said they really made her feel comfortable. I think she said she was trying out for food and retail, but she said that she won't find out up to 3 weeks after the interview....lets hope
Yeah, I seem to remember last year when my sister applied she found out a couple weeks after her phone interview. Hopefully it'll all work out for your friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
I'm in. I like reading about other people's trips. We're going in March so your trip report should help me deal with the post-Disney funk.
Yay, glad to have another reader!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #25
wdwgirl03

OK, well, since we're under 2 months now it's time to get this PTR rolling! Dad asked me this morning if I looked at the park hours yet and if I had some sort of idea of what I would want to do when we get there. I said no. I haven't looked at the park hours yet, but like he said, since we'll have 6 full days we won't really need to plan too much. It should be plenty of time to do whatever we want. So instead of starting with park plans, I thought I'd start off with something I don't usually talk about a lot...FOOD!

Our family has never really been big on ADRs, and this trip is no different. I know a lot of people really like doing a big sit-down meal every night but I can't imagine eating that much food. As of right now we only have one reservation and that's Via Napoli.

Claire and I ate there on our trip last spring but since Dad has never been, I thought it might be a good choice. We will never turn down Italian food! When we went last year we really liked it and I'm sure Dad will feel the same way. Last year I tried the margherita pizza which I enjoyed but I also remember seeing on someone's TR that the spaghetti and meatballs was good too so I might have to give that a shot. I do love spaghetti!

We were also looking at making an ADR at the T-Rex Cafe.

OK, so I know this place is pretty popular but it's either they don't make many ADRs available or they just get snatched up really quickly because we couldn't get anything for any of the days we're going to be there. I keep saying how I want to go here, so I think if we do we might just try going over to Downtown Disney some evening and see if we can get a walk-up or whatever. A couple years ago when we ate at the Rainforest Cafe we did that. The wait was a couple hours, but atleast you're able to visit all the stores until your time.

The other place I keep saying I want to go to is Beaches and Cream.

Since we're going to be staying at the Boardwalk, there is going to be no excuse for NOT going there on this trip! I've only been to B&C once and I don't even count it since all I got was a dish of ice cream from the take-out counter. Not quite the same. I want to try the burgers that everyone seems to rave about and one of those sundaes! Any recommendations? From other TRs the ones that sound really good are the No Way Jose and the Milky Way sundae.

As far as snacks go, I'm definitely going to want to get something from the Caramel store in Germany.

Again, after seeing everyone talk about this place, I seriously cannot believe last year Claire and I just walked through it. Everything looks so good! I think this could also go under the "no excuses" list since it'll be easy enough to walk over to Epcot. From looking at that picture, that huge cupcake is something I want to try! I don't think it'll take much convincing to get Dad to go here too.

Speaking of cupcakes, I might have to get something from the Boardwalk Bakery too.

It sounds like they have some yummy treats here. I think I remember seeing something about a cheesecake brownie. Mmm! And even though we normally get cereal to keep in our room it might be cool to get something from there for breakfast.

Last but not least, I suppose that I should finally try one of these guys too:

Can you believe in all our trips to WDW I've never had one of these? Which is better-the float or the regular one? Both of them look pretty good though.

So that's my list for now. Any suggestions on what to try at these places? Feel free to share your thoughts/experiences!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 02-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #26
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

My favorite thing to get at the Caramel shop is the caramel and marshmallow swirly thing:

And I have 2 reviews of Via Napoli in my December 2010 Dining Report.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #27
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

I highly recommend the No Way Jose at B&C. Just make sure you're craving peanut butter and chocolate cause that thing has lots of it! I've always gotten a caramel apple from the Caramel shop. I wouldn't go out of my way for their strawberries though. It's more chocolate than caramel so why waste money on something that doesn't even have that much caramel at a caramel shop? Both the dole whip and the float are good. Depends on if you're thirsty or not. The float really brings out the flavor of the ice cream though.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #28
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I think we had the margherita pizza at Via Napoli too, but we added some ingredients. I could be mistaken, but whatever it was, it was SO good.

As far as T-Rex, we walked up on a whim around 11:30 (I believe that's when they open) and we were able to easily get a table without much of a wait! So keep that in mind!

And Beaches and Cream... well as far as food, all I had was a caesar salad, but it was really good! And I would NOT recommend the Kitchen Sink to two people, so that's basically the extent of my knowledge on that place!

I've never had a Dole Whip either! SO LAME! I personally don't like pineapple juice so I'd just go with the regular dole whip verses the float, but that's just me!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #29
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #30
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Your plans look good so far. I like the idea of not planning too much, especially since you have 6 days. I always seem to end up planning a lot, though.

For T-Rex, have you tried calling the restaurant directly. We always have much better luck getting a reservation that way. The number is 407-828-8739.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: